Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boostinmister2

Hockey stick length

yeah that search function on this site might be the worst i've ever seen

search by titles only, 90% of the time you'll find exactly what you want. When you have an 800+ page "show it off" thread, a lot of things are going to get hits, you need to narrow the focus. It's actually really easy to find exactly what you want if you narrow the parameters here and there.

Just to tag onto bjb above, this is how you would want to search (as an example):

Put this into Google's search box: "hockey stick length site:modsquadhockey.com" (without the quotes)

search by titles only, 90% of the time you'll find exactly what you want. When you have an 800+ page "show it off" thread, a lot of things are going to get hits, you need to narrow the focus. It's actually really easy to find exactly what you want if you narrow the parameters here and there.

Titles only, ice hockey equipment and the word length returns four pages of results. Many of them are applicable. It also shows how often people start similar topics.

i cut my one95 (shaft) about 6" in total to where it comes down below my chin probably to the high chest area on skates. my stick handling definitely improved however i can't shoot for crap with it so now (mostly due to the higher flex i think) it just gets used for pick up and roller.

for what it's worth... ive done a lot of reading into stick lengths and what not... and really, my advice to you is to do what you're comfortable with... don't let anyone tell you what stick length to use. just use what you feel comfortable with. I'm 5'8 and use a 60 inch stick (SR uncut) and have put up massive points for my team.

for what it's worth... ive done a lot of reading into stick lengths and what not... and really, my advice to you is to do what you're comfortable with... don't let anyone tell you what stick length to use. just use what you feel comfortable with. I'm 5'8 and use a 60 inch stick (SR uncut) and have put up massive points for my team.

I thought I never find someone my height that uses a 60in stick lol. People always ask me why my stick is so long

I keep it pretty simple. All of my sticks I cut to my top lip while standing in shoes. Play mostly offense.

I keep it pretty simple. All of my sticks I cut to my top lip while standing in shoes. Play mostly offense.

That's a really good, all-around length. I don't like mine below the mouth by more than a half inch or above the tip of my nose in shoes.

I started playing with my sticks at the chin but as I've grown as a player, I've started using a shorter stick. I like it about 3" below the chin — just like most of those photos in the link posted on page 1.

Since it looks like we're keeping this thread.. Barefoot stick is about 3" under my chin.

Holy shit, how tall are you? Thats super small

I have gone the other way, as I have aged and lost a little of the extra ambition to go after loose pucks, I have cut my sticks longer.

Holy shit, how tall are you? Thats super small

Not really, 3" isn't a lot when you're looking straight forward. I'm 6'1 btw.

I probably should add that it's lie dependent and the pattern I use(for the most part) is a little over 6. For something around 5-5.5 lie, the stick would be more like 2" under my chin.

It should also be considered what position is played. When I played Defense in roller hockey i loved the long stick.

It should also be considered what position is played. When I played Defense in roller hockey i loved the long stick.

I played D early last season and having a long stick certainly helped. I switched to forward and kept the same stick length. I can't shoot nearly as well with a shorter stick, but I am experimenting with a short stick at pick up.

i'm the same. i play d though. i find its easier to get a hold of puck in front of the net and in the corners when you need body position and possession to tilt the play. i usually bring one stick 2" longer just in case there's a guy on the opposition who like to make lots of moves... can poke/bat/swipe it away easier. not sure if its related, but ever since i started going a little shorter, i've been breaking more sticks.

not sure if its related, but ever since i started going a little shorter, i've been breaking more sticks

If you're breaking the shaft of the stick, chances are you're putting more weight/loading the shaft more since you're in a lower stance, but then again I could be wrong.

I just picked up my first ever intermediate stick. I've always bought 60" senior sticks and cut them down to 58" to get them to sit at the bottom of my chin. The CCM UL+ Crazy Light intermediate is exactly 58" so for the first time ever, I don't have to cut off anything. It's going to be an adjustment since the stick weighs only 390 grams (as printed on the stick) and it's an un-cut 75 flex. But I'm looking forward to it since I like light sticks and low flexes.

I just picked up my first ever intermediate stick. I've always bought 60" senior sticks and cut them down to 58" to get them to sit at the bottom of my chin. The CCM UL+ Crazy Light intermediate is exactly 58" so for the first time ever, I don't have to cut off anything. It's going to be an adjustment since the stick weighs only 390 grams (as printed on the stick) and it's an un-cut 75 flex. But I'm looking forward to it since I like light sticks and low flexes.

CCM and RBK flexes just confuse the hell out of me. CCM intermediate is 57" and 75 flex. RBK intermediate is 57" and 65 flex. RBK has a sr 75 flex that 58. Is the ccm thinner like most other intermediate sticks? On another note. I have an ostick that is a 75 "medium" flex and was 60in. I've only seen the medium flex 60in on the ostick and not any sticks before or after it for some odd reason.....

End rant haha

CCM and RBK flexes just confuse the hell out of me. CCM intermediate is 57" and 75 flex. RBK intermediate is 57" and 65 flex. RBK has a sr 75 flex that 58. Is the ccm thinner like most other intermediate sticks? On another note. I have an ostick that is a 75 "medium" flex and was 60in. I've only seen the medium flex 60in on the ostick and not any sticks before or after it for some odd reason.....

End rant haha

The shaft appears to be the exact same thickness as a senior. I compared them in the store. The stick would be perfect if they had a Draper clone blade. But the Lecacalier is close and the Ovi is interesting.