Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markush

Tuuk LS 2 holders vs. new Tuuk fusion

I heard the new TotalOne 2010 Bauer skates will feature the new Tuuk fusion holders. Currently I have X-60 with LS 2 holders. What is the difference? Worth an upgrade ?

I heard the new TotalOne 2010 Bauer skates will feature the new Tuuk fusion holders. Currently I have X-60 with LS 2 holders. What is the difference? Worth an upgrade ?

the holder is the same, only the steel is different

He is correct the holder will still be the LS2 holder but with fusion steel. The steel is part aluminum and part stainless (upper half is aluminum). This reduces the weight quite a bit. It is based on the same principle as the CCM rocket runner.

What do you mean concrete data about weight difference? It's lighter; that is a fact.

There is no scientific formula that will determine that the reduction will provide you personally with 38.78 more speed units per dollar invested.

Haha speed units.. IF the only difference is weight and its the same grade of previous Bauer steel its not worth $120 or whatever its retailing for when you can get Step for almost half that.

There is no scientific formula that will determine that the reduction will provide you personally with 38.78 more speed units per dollar invested.

damn, guess i'm out.

Anytime you reduce weight at the bottom of the skate (weight furthest away from the body is harder to move) that is a good thing. If the Fusion is like the Rockets, it will be a welcome addition. Hotblades were the first, awesome blades 33-40% lighter. The Rocket was even better because of the higher grade steel.

Thanks for the input so far? Is there any better than the LS 2 out there right now? (just thinking about alternatives when thinking about upgrading my X-60 blades)

Thanks for the input so far? Is there any better than the LS 2 out there right now? (just thinking about alternatives when thinking about upgrading my X-60 blades)

Step Steel

I'm debating replacing the Pitch 3's on my AGX's with the Tuuk Fusion's.

Thoughts and input are highly welcome.

you'd be replacing the Pitch 3s with Lightspeed 2 Holders, and the holders will accommodate the fusion/ls2/ls2.1/step. i say if you're willing to commit the money, it's worth it.

had i known about the fusion steel in august, i wouldn't have committed to custom+. now i fear that if i change my custom+ to LS2, the sole of the boot will be severely weakened by all the holes and/or the LS2 hole pattern will overlap some of the other holes.

Fusion is 27% lighter than ls2. Its noticeable. Rest of htis should probably be in bauer catelogue or gear sightings...where its being discussed a lot.

Was thinking about this but what is the weight of the LS2? 150 grams or more? Yes 27% sounds like much but what is the weight?

I read the thread, the catalog and the online spec rundowns and saw that bit of information, but starting with the XXXXs I believe Bauer stopped using perforated steel so I assume that 27% number came from non-perf LS2 runners, which is why I asked the question I did.

Oh sorry I just didn't read it right. The figures they come up with are from the current ls2, however, I have a set of pref with almost no sharpenings on them, and they feel alot heavier than fusion, still. I don't have a scale but if I had to guess I'd say the pref is still 15% heavier than fusion. Fusion is freaking light.

I took the sample TotalONE skate Fusion steel out of the holder. It is a 272. I picked up an LS2 263 steel. It is a smaller size but is noticeably heavier than the 272 Fusion. You can feel the difference in your hands easily.

No he's talking about the pref steel from the vapor20. The one with the holes like how the e-pro steel (or whatever the hell they call it on the top end rbk/ccm skates) is.

No he's talking about the pref steel from the vapor20. The one with the holes like how the e-pro steel (or whatever the hell they call it on the top end rbk/ccm skates) is.

perf, not pref. No offence here :lol: