Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

I "LOL'd"

Anyone have a fave (current or all time) commercial?

The new A&W spot with the helium balloons is hilarius. It's childish...but the phrase "2 for 4 Momma burger" said over and over again with a 'helium' voice makes me laugh everytime.

Any commercial that isn't Canadian.

They have the production value of a 6th grade video essay.

That's way to general a statement. There is an agency in Toronto called "Pirate Radio & Television" that does some amazing work. Mostly radio....but also some TV. There will be crap everyere...just like there will be good stuff. With the dish now...I see some American stuff that is hardly top notch. Small furniture stores and car dealerships and restaurants that look like they were filmed on camcorders with no budget.

But that arguement is not the point of this...I want to laugh at good commericals...post or describe them.

That's way to general a statement. There is an agency in Toronto called "Pirate Radio & Television" that does some amazing work. Mostly radio....but also some TV. There will be crap everyere...just like there will be good stuff. With the dish now...I see some American stuff that is hardly top notch. Small furniture stores and car dealerships and restaurants that look like they were filmed on camcorders with no budget.

But that arguement is not the point of this...I want to laugh at good commericals...post or describe them.

Google "Super Bowl commercials" if you'd like to laugh.

The reason why the spots in Canada are crap, is because the CRT or whatever that agency is called is over the top restrictive. I guess that follows suit in pretty much every other area of life over here.

I have a friend who works for a major ad agency here in TO and I couldn't believe how intrusive the government was. She's about to hop ship across the lake so she can have some artistic freedom.

The reason why the spots in Canada are crap, is because the CRT or whatever that agency is called is over the top restrictive. I guess that follows suit in pretty much every other area of life over here.

I have a friend who works for a major ad agency here in TO and I couldn't believe how intrusive the government was. She's about to hop ship across the lake so she can have some artistic freedom.

It's called the CRTC and yes, it ridiculously overly reguaates us (the media)...but that's not to say there aren't any good ads coming from Canada. Yes SB ads are known for their humour...but in the last few years...ther are 3-4 really good ones...where there used to be 10 or more that were fantastic. Some are just really basic spots...it's just about paying for the the placement (after coin toss, prior to kickoff, right after HT).

It's called the CRTC and yes, it ridiculously overly reguaates us (the media)...but that's not to say there aren't any good ads coming from Canada. Yes SB ads are known for their humour...but in the last few years...ther are 3-4 really good ones...where there used to be 10 or more that were fantastic. Some are just really basic spots...it's just about paying for the the placement (after coin toss, prior to kickoff, right after HT).

Word.

Are you in the ad industry?

The Bud Light Lime commercial is probably the best one I've seen in a while. I hate the stuff, but it's a good commercial. Also like this one.

The Bud Light Lime commercial is probably the best one I've seen in a while. I hate the stuff, but it's a good commercial. Also like this one.

That was great.

My favorites have to be the Bud Light "Too Light, Too Heavy" commercials, like Hattrick posted.

The Bud Light Lime commercial is probably the best one I've seen in a while.

Do you mean "In the Can?" That is a great spot. Don't think it aired up here though. I've only seen it online.