Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse_01

DAMN Easton

All s19's are back ordered till may. I'm still waiting to receive mine that I sent back for warranty in nov. They send me a ST to hold me over, after a few games I figured out it stands for Super Tub of Shit.

That totally sucks that they are going to ultimately send you two sticks to replace the one that you broke. What a lousy company.

He has a right to be angry, he wants his s19.

he does have the right to be angry, and easton acknowledges this by giving him a free stick so he continues to use their product while he waits for fresh stock.

That totally sucks that they are going to ultimately send you two sticks to replace the one that you broke. What a lousy company.

They can have the ST back. I just want my s19, or money back so I can go buy another one from a store. I was willing to change flex and curve so I could have some sort of s19 to use.

The fact that they decided to give you a replacement stick for now is good customer service. When you bought the stick, you took the risk that the stick wouldn't be warrantied. Remember, warranty does not equate as guarantee.

So, it's either they are out of stock and give you something to tide you over, or nothing at all. Take your pick.

Good service. Shitty situation. I give them props for sending you a stick to hold you over.

But you would think if they was going to send you a stick to hold you over it. It would be something comparable in performance. I paid $350 for this stick, like come on.

Unfortunately, you're one of the people that make customer service a huge drag to work in. They sent you their next model down, and newest piece of equipment to hold you over until you get another S19. Look at it as them giving you a free $150.

You should be praising them, not chastising.

Good customer service sending a stick to hold you over. Impressive.

Wouldn't the only thing comparable to an S19 be an S19? Or maybe easton should mail you a Bauer One95? Like, come on, indeed.

The fact that they decided to give you a replacement stick for now is good customer service. When you bought the stick, you took the risk that the stick wouldn't be warrantied. Remember, warranty does not equate as guarantee.

So, it's either they are out of stock and give you something to tide you over, or nothing at all. Take your pick.

I don't see why if a item is going to be back order for a long period of time. Why they don't offer a person a credit towards a easton product of equal value. My lhs has what I broke in stock. But unless I want to pay another $350 for it, I'm sol.

Because it is a warranty claim, NOT a return.

At that point, you're taking away a product from a store in which they could sell, and at the same time open themselves to fraud (as the stick is not tagged as a warranty replacement, so, in essence, you could take the stick and get a second stick when you bust that one.)

They didn't have an S19, they had an ST. I know it's not what you want, but what did you want them to do? They can't make one just appear if they don't have it. They did everything they could, and really a lot more than they had to.

Because it is a warranty claim, NOT a return.

At that point, you're taking away a product from a store in which they could sell, and at the same time open themselves to fraud (as the stick is not tagged as a warranty replacement, so, in essence, you could take the stick and get a second stick when you bust that one.)

Than the lhs would send that coupon or what not back to easton and easton would credit them. Or easton could just credit my lhs for what ever replacement stick that I got and list it on the receipt. No receipt = no warranty.

In my line of work, companies will credit a retailer all the time if its a warranty issue and no stock available.

Truth be told, I have done that before with warranty replacements, and it is a TON of legwork.

You must understand that the stick must be inspected. That is why the store cannot make that call for Easton.

Regardless, think about it like this -

Let's say there was a bad batch of sticks. You break one. They tell you to go ahead and take one from the store - same batch. You break it. Now you're screwed.

That is why the process is the way it is.

Not that I know of, and I'm going to go ahead and say that the demand is out there for it, therefore depleting Easton's warehouse. Keep in mind that they most likely made a set amount for Q4 2009 and then will ramp up production for what was booked for 2010.

you seem to be more pissed at the fact your expensive stick broke. be thankful they sent you a free stick to tide you over until they have your s19 back in stock...a lot of companies would not do that.

You will know more about this than anyone else. Has there been a issue with the s19's and thats why there is none to be had?

Easton does a better job of forecasting sales than any other manufacturer, there are rarely closeouts. The downside is that they can run out of stock between shipments if an item is more successful than anticipated.

Truth be told, I have done that before with warranty replacements, and it is a TON of legwork.

You must understand that the stick must be inspected. That is why the store cannot make that call for Easton.

Regardless, think about it like this -

Let's say there was a bad batch of sticks. You break one. They tell you to go ahead and take one from the store - same batch. You break it. Now you're screwed.

That is why the process is the way it is.

Also the backlog could be due to them fixing a problem in production which, again, you don't want to get a stick warrantied quickly if it means it will break right away.

I would look at the positive things that Easton has done in this situation;

1. They are going to warranty the original broken stick

2. They sent out the next closest model in the interim until the new batch of S19's come in

The whole warranty process is a bit time consuming and there is no guarantee that they will even warranty the item. However, in this case I personally feel that they have gone above and beyond. I realize that the OP does not have the stick that they want, but having received a new ST to keep/use in the interim is definitely a classy act. I work in the retail sector and there are a lot of vendors that can take 2-4 weeks for warranty items and/or repair orders.

Hold on, $350? Seriously? Good lord.

I wish they would quit having warranties on sticks in general or only warranty a stick if there is an ACTUAL defect. My brother broke his one95 cause it took a shot right on the shaft and it snapped. They shouldn't have sent him a new one but they did. There is no other product in the world where a company will give you a brand new product because you beat the crap out of the one you had. It's ridiculous.

It's been a few years since I've been active in fly fishing, but most fly rod companies a few years ago have an unlimited warranty on their fly rods (with the exception of Orvis, which I believe is still 25 years). You could literally break a fly rod over your knee and they would send you another one (as long as the company is in business).

You could always sell the ST (and buy something you like better in the sell forum here or ebay). In a sense, Easton gave you free money to honor the fact that you bought a very expensive stick. I can see why you're frustrated that it broke. That's a lot of cake for one stick. Then again, it sounds like Easton at least tried to do the right thing in a bad situation. If they sent you an ST and said "this is your s19 replacement" that would be terrible customer service. Sounds like Easton is going to send you another S19 when they can, and are trying to make sure you still have a great stick (on their dime) in the meantime.

If you're a good enough player, someone will be buying your S21/s23's/whatever before long and you won't have to worry about this kind of thing again. If not, you can always decide to spend your money elsewhere.

Instead of thinking poorly of Easton when I read your posts, I felt like they provided you with pretty darned good customer service (it just wasn't what you wanted). It also sounds like your next s19 is coming eventually. I was impressed that Easton would give you another 150 dollar stick for nothing, just tide you over. It seems like they showed you a lot of respect as a customer.

I'm not sure if you hoped to deter people from buying Easton sticks with your posts. Your posts had quite the opposite effect on me.