Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse_01

DAMN Easton

just be happy Easton gave an additional stick. They're under no legal obligation to give you anything more than what is stated by the warranty. You know what percentage of returned sticks are actually defective as opposed to broken due to, I dunno just playing hockey?

There is no other product in the world where a company will give you a brand new product because you beat the crap out of the one you had. It's ridiculous.

Craftsman hand tools at Sears. Break it or ruin it for whatever reason, take it in, get a new one.

I think SnapOn and MAC have similar guarantees.

So are you expected to give back the ST when you get your S19? Seems unlikely, in which case the ST is basically a gift, right? I hope that doesn't sound like I'm mocking you I'm just wondering if the ST is conditional or not?

There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry over the length of time it is going to take to get a new stick, but at least they did something to make up for the delay. If you don't like the ST, sell it and use the money to buy something you will like. It will cost you some money over the short term, it will cost you some money, but you'll be happier and eventually you will get a new S19 in the mail to use in addition to whatever you buy.

So are you expected to give back the ST when you get your S19? Seems unlikely, in which case the ST is basically a gift, right? I hope that doesn't sound like I'm mocking you I'm just wondering if the ST is conditional or not?

I wouldn't say it's a "gift". Easton knows it would be wrong to make him wait so long for a replacement, so they give him something they actually have in stock for now. It's more of a "penalty" to Easton for not having a replacement or like paying interest on a loan.

Hold on, $350? Seriously? Good lord.

I wish they would quit having warranties on sticks in general or only warranty a stick if there is an ACTUAL defect. My brother broke his one95 cause it took a shot right on the shaft and it snapped. They shouldn't have sent him a new one but they did. There is no other product in the world where a company will give you a brand new product because you beat the crap out of the one you had. It's ridiculous.

I'm with you on this one.

I didn't get the chance to beat the crap out of it. I got a game and a half of a warm up. It snapped right in the middle of the taper where they beefed it up compared to s17.

Oh I would of love if it only took 2-4 weeks. I've waited 2 months. Every time I phone easton they tell me call next week. My lhs said they are back ordered till may. :s

If I could get a solid answer out of them of when I was going to come in, I would fine with that. But this whole we don't know when we will have them is stock. Maybe in a couple weeks.

The whole maybe this and maybe that is what I'm pissed off about.

How long would you people wait and be told maybe next week all the time, before you got frustrated about the situation?

Because it is a warranty claim, NOT a return.

At that point, you're taking away a product from a store in which they could sell, and at the same time open themselves to fraud (as the stick is not tagged as a warranty replacement, so, in essence, you could take the stick and get a second stick when you bust that one.)

We also had a certain manufacturer that wanted us to hand out a stick from inventory and they would send us a replacement to the shop. Unfortunately they expected the shop to send broken sticks back to them on the shop's dime and then bill us when they shipped the replacement to us. Essentially we paid to ship a stick three times for every one we sold that broke. If we had done that we would have lost money on each stick.

Yeah, going to echo the sentiment that they could have told you to jog off and wait till they're back in stock. For all the complaints I have about their recent products, their customer service has never been anything but generous to me.

Why would anyone pay over $200 for an Easton OPS or any high end OPS if they're not being comped for stick usage?

Cause here in canada anything over mid grade OPS is over $200 with tax.

your lucky as hell jesse.

several years ago i broke a xxx like day 12. they were sold out and would be for another 3 months. they didn't send a replacement stick to me to tide me over. i was truly sol until my replacement came in...

Fortunately since then i haven't broken a buaer stick, today im thinking they'd go ahead and send me like an x50 or x40...

anyways, they didn't have to do that, be thankful they did. and you can't get pissed at a company for running out of a product. they're a business believe it or not and they just can't make a million sticks and put them in a warehouse and wait for ones to get broken to replace them. infact, easton is probably the best warranty claims company imo. a customer last season broke an se6 in his first game, they were sold out of se6s for one month, they went ahead and sent him an se16. that's customer service.

It's funny how the higher end sticks easton makes are the least durable.. i bet they are back ordered due to the high volume of warranty returns on the s19. They look no more durabl than the flimsy s17s... I don't understand how each year, people fork out 200+ dollars on sticks that will last no more than the 30 day warranty... I bet this post will be deleted AGAIN for bashing easton. Am I not to my own 2 cents regarding a company?

It's funny how the higher end sticks easton makes are the least durable.

The same goes for every manufacturer. If you want a high performance stick, it's going to be expensive and less durable. If you don't like that, don't buy it.

It's funny how the higher end sticks easton makes are the least durable.. i bet they are back ordered due to the high volume of warranty returns on the s19. They look no more durabl than the flimsy s17s... I don't understand how each year, people fork out 200+ dollars on sticks that will last no more than the 30 day warranty... I bet this post will be deleted AGAIN for bashing easton. Am I not to my own 2 cents regarding a company?

Never had durability problems with high end sticks. I haven't broken a stick in two years.

In the Canadian warranty program, it goes on to state "Easton reserves the right to substitute similar product if necessary." Getting an ST is more than an appropriate replacement item.

While I don't disagree with most of your post, I would have an issue with a manufacturer substituting an ST for an S19 if I was returning an legitimately broken stick.

It's funny how the higher end sticks easton makes are the least durable.

The same goes for every manufacturer. If you want a high performance stick, it's going to be expensive and less durable. If you don't like that, don't buy it.

Exactly. The only exceptions I've ever found to that are the one90's and tps r10's. Beyond that, blaming the individual companies is kind of like suing China because some Beijing company made tainted drywall. However, certain sticks that are rushed out and have a ton of problems, e.g. s17 and x60, shouldn't be able to use that rule as an excuse.

You can have an issue with it all you want, the fact is that they don't state anywhere in their warranty program that they have to give the similar stick.

Furthermore, we've come a long way with regards to warranties on sticks. Wood sticks don't have warranties and maybe, just maybe, composite sticks shouldn't have them either. If you don't like it, don't buy them; pretty simple.

I have to agree. How about knocking that whole warranty thing out and swiping $35 bucks off the price?