Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Bob

Bauer XXX skate webpage up

I'm sure everyone on the mailing list got the email.

I dindt.

Then you aren't on the Bauer mailing list.

I saw the skates this weekend. Bauer was doing the shoot for St.Louis at the rink and they had is stuff in back. I didnt get to see the gloves or sticks, but the skates where nice. The liner has been changed and the outside of the boot appears to be constructed better than the 20's. Putting these on my Xmas list for sure. I hope the rep leaves a pair of gloves for the lhs, I want to see those as well.

how much are those gonna run me

Just called Great Skate and they said $129.99 for the gloves, so it seems that they are cheaper than the Vapor XX series. Odd...

Found this part of the glove description interesting:

# Palm - Ultra-thin nash [extra set of palms included]

That's a decent deal for 130 but it forces me to ask why I would need an extra set of palms. Hopefully it wasn't done to rectify durability issues.

My guess is they are pro palms, which are very thin for improved feel and they know the consumer will go through them very fast and to keep the customer happy?

Yeah, but who pays for the repalming?

I'm sure it's not Bauer. If the thiner palms have a life that is 75% as long as normal palms, this is still a good deal. The thing is though, why would they offer new palms with the gloves? It doesn't make sense from a buisness stand point. You have to figure that a lot of people just buy new gloves when the palms die, now they can get them replaced for the repalming fee thus hurting Bauer's new glove sales a bit.