Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Sticks being recalled

anybody call about senior sticks and get a real answer yet?

see my post earlier on this page. bauer customer service reps said that all senior stick were ok. <_< . they aren't held to the same standard b/c they are adult. if you ask me they should be recalled as well if the lear levels are as high as the jr ones.

bauer please recall the senior b/c i need some new sticks.

see my post earlier on this page. bauer customer service reps said that all senior stick were ok. <_< . they aren't held to the same standard b/c they are adult. if you ask me they should be recalled as well if the lear levels are as high as the jr ones.

bauer please recall the senior b/c i need some new sticks.

Where or who did you hear that from?

just got off the phone with a bauer employee. it seems that the company that bauer hired to take the calls is having ALOT of problems ie, address, name model of stick. so bauer (not the thrid party) is auditing all of the returns to make sure all the info is correct. he also told me i could get a senior flex in exchange for the jr flex. so i'm getting a 87 flex intsead of a 52 flex.

A guy on my midget team was using a Vapour XX JR as a backup (yeah hes tiny) and ddint know about it till i told him. He also has an INT One70 but those dont count. He's getting a One95 as a replacement apparently.

just got off the phone with a bauer employee. it seems that the company that bauer hired to take the calls is having ALOT of problems ie, address, name model of stick. so bauer (not the thrid party) is auditing all of the returns to make sure all the info is correct. he also told me i could get a senior flex in exchange for the jr flex. so i'm getting a 87 flex intsead of a 52 flex.

Did they say anything about senior sticks in general?

I hope this doesn't turn into people trying to get free handouts....

thats how recalls work. this isnt different from any other business.

you say handouts, but honestly, if a stick of mine is recalled, and i dont use it anymore but is still functional, im sure as shit going to replace it. if i buy a one50 and get the newer equivalent in return, i dont have the right to bitch, IMO. That's on bauer if they'd like to upgrade me.

thats how recalls work. this isnt different from any other business.

you say handouts, but honestly, if a stick of mine is recalled, and i dont use it anymore but is still functional, im sure as shit going to replace it. if i buy a one50 and get the newer equivalent in return, i dont have the right to bitch, IMO. That's on bauer if they'd like to upgrade me.

I think so too in this case. Lead paint has been known as a major problem for how many decades now?

Let's get realistic. The danger to adults is virtually nil. There won't be a senior recall. All the complaining in the world on an internet forum won't change that.

Let's get realistic. The danger to adults is virtually nil. There won't be a senior recall. All the complaining in the world on an internet forum won't change that.

In that case, adults should be cool with having lead paint on our walls. I can't remember the last time I tried to chew or lick the walls of my house.

In that case, adults should be cool with having lead paint on our walls. I can't remember the last time I tried to chew or lick the walls of my house.

Walls are different than senior hockey sticks. Walls are not adult-specific. They are common to all ages, including small children.

I think that a lot of people think that the lead is on the outside of the stick and will seep through their gloves and kill them. The reality is that the odds of actually getting any kind of lead poisoning from the coated yellow paint of these sticks is next to nothing.

It really does sound like people just want free, new, upgraded senior sticks, which would cost Bauer some ridiculous amount of money (for something they aren't required to do).

It will never happen.

Walls are different than senior hockey sticks. Walls are not adult-specific. They are common to all ages, including small children.

It will never happen.

Well, like mentioned before, a child could EASILY pick up, bite, use, hold, chew, lick a Senior sized hockey stick.

Well, like mentioned before, a child could EASILY pick up, bite, use, hold, chew, lick a Senior sized hockey stick.

A child could easily pick up a bottle of Drano too. It doesn't mean that it's going to be recalled.

A child could easily pick up a bottle of Drano too. It doesn't mean that it's going to be recalled.

Amen. Great post.

It's embarrassing to see the scam artists come out of the woodwork with their hand out for something free to take advantage of this, even if it's not even directly affecting them.

Even though I hate everything Bauer, I feel for them for the idiots and scammers (some here) they're dealing with.

While that's true.... I think this is apples and oranges.

At any rate, I hope Bauer pulls through this just fine.

I'll continue to use my one90s until they break or I become ill. One or the other.... or both. :P

My daughter has Supreme One50 that is on the recall list. She wants an X60 in replacement, with same p92 pattern, 52 flex. They are going to send me out a return package, and once they get the stick, inspect it, and if it is a recalled one, then she gets her X60. If it is OK, we get it back. So I told her to not get her hopes up too much for that X60 just yet.

Atleast Bauer is going over an above by sending out a return package and if the stick is part of the recall, they're honoring it by returning their top of the line sticks (x60 or one95). Regardless of what happend, I'm still a firm Bauer supporter with their gear, especially their sticks!

Now, I hope my broken one95 to be returned for warranty won't be mixed up in the recall pile <_<