Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

That's one ugly shoe

I am so getting a pair. But I like gimmicks lol. Funny they have Ovi rocking a Reebok shoe and not Crosby (I know they're the same company). I wonder if there will be an sc87 model lol.

EDIT: Although, I'm not sure how effective it would be as a training shoe if it makes your legs work less. Don't you want them to work harder?

they're still working, the concept is to reduce muscle fatigue.

interestingly enough, the most elite distance and sprint runners in the world prefer shoes with little to no support and foam padding at all.

EDIT: Although, I'm not sure how effective it would be as a training shoe if it makes your legs work less. Don't you want them to work harder?

Trainer, yes. Running shoe, not so much.

Ahh good point Chadd. And Shotty I've heard that before from professional runners who work in shoe stores - they don't put anybody in a shox because of the cushion, and I've heard of some guys that won't go near nike because of this. The reality is our natural foot provides all the support and cushion we really need. I'm sure you've seen the vibram five fingers?

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Just another in a long line.

Reebok's parent company, Adidas already has the Microbounce/Megabounce.

Asics has the Kinsei(wide heel, gel cushioning)

Nike has the shox as well as the air max 180/360.

Actually, all of them to date are incredibly nice if they fit your feet. The Kinsei is fantastic, albeit really pricey.

Ahh good point Chadd. And Shotty I've heard that before from professional runners who work in shoe stores - they don't put anybody in a shox because of the cushion, and I've heard of some guys that won't go near nike because of this. The reality is our natural foot provides all the support and cushion we really need. I'm sure you've seen the vibram five fingers?

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Interesting concept, but I can't imagine wearing them in public.

Apparently they do wonders for your back and knees.

I got hooked on Crocs for that reason. I don't wear the orignal ugly ass version, but I do have half a dozen pair of different models.

I'd love a pair of those five finger shoes. I have run into one person wearing them and although they look intensely akward, he now swears by them. It is suppose to imitate running barefoot without actually having to do it.

Similar product with a more traditional look would the the Nike Free running shoe.

Kid at my highschool rocks the Vibram FiveFingers shoes. Despite the fact we call him aquaman(he also wears recspecs), he's among the top 15 in the region for running sprints.

The five fingers aren't expensive either, I think around $70? But yah they're a little tough to look at lol.

During the Canucks pregame last night on hnic they were showing the players warming up and one of the Canucks was wearing the zigtechs.

Similar product with a more traditional look would the the Nike Free running shoe.

The Zig tech is not a Nike Free knock off. It is based on an entirely different concept.

The Zig tech is not a Nike Free knock off. It is based on an entirely different concept.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the five finger as they are similar concepts

I am so getting a pair. But I like gimmicks lol. Funny they have Ovi rocking a Reebok shoe and not Crosby (I know they're the same company). I wonder if there will be an sc87 model lol.

If you watch the little video there is one with a yellow bottom... maybe that is the SC model? :rolleyes:

Went for a light jog/run last night and my shins aren't feeling so awesome today. All I could think while running was "I wonder if the ZigTech would be more comfortable right now"