Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickwilly

Standard Shaft Users

Can someone explainme this --------MM Hull Z-Bubble are the black ones with sharpie(?) mission on it?

MM means they're one of the "Metal Matrix" ones. They're silver and look like a metallic kevlar weave was used on the outside of them.

Jarick, it was a pack of like 5 sticks. 3 were his (one was a MM S-Bubble), one was Yzerman's T-flex, and another stick. Not sure if they were separated.

Tsubasa, nothing special about them really. Easton chose to use a kevlar that year that resembled metal because it had a silver sheen. They didn't perform any differently, but were arguably one of the coolest looking shafts of all time.

Thanks Scotty for all your answers!!!!

Another one, the differece in Ultra Lite, Grip Lite, T-Flex????

In the shaft I read Performance/wear what is this????

jajajaja sorry for the english

Jarick, it was a pack of like 5 sticks. 3 were his (one was a MM S-Bubble), one was Yzerman's T-flex, and another stick. Not sure if they were separated.

Tsubasa, nothing special about them really. Easton chose to use a kevlar that year that resembled metal because it had a silver sheen. They didn't perform any differently, but were arguably one of the coolest looking shafts of all time.

link to the 5 pack? I want to see how much it went for lol

link to the 5 pack? I want to see how much it went for lol

I'm at work and can't find it from my phone. Search "hull game used stick".

I just picked up a Mission Ion shaft (Rafalski Pro Stock) on ebay. I've done some searching and have found very little on this particular shaft. Assuming that the shaft is isn't a repaint of something else... Does anyone have any opinions about this model of shaft? Thanks!

I just started using a Combat 52 Cal standard shaft. I paired it with a new One95 blade that i had been holding onto. I haven't used it a lot yet, but if feels great and kicks like crazy. I'm not sure if I'm going to park my tapered 2 piece setups just yet, but the early results have been great. I'm looking forward to comparing it to my RLXN10 with the same blade/pattern.

Is anyone else still using standard shafts at all?

I have some lined up, but they're across the pond for now. I have a standard Mako shaft, but don't like the blade I have over here. Looking forward to getting them going again, maybe early next year.

I use the Warrior Dynasty AX1S Grip Shaft w/ Alex Kovalev Pro Blades. The shaft loads easily and kicks hard. The shaft geometry really gives it a great hand-feel. I really love it other than the fact that the grip coating comes peeling off way too fast.

I am playing standard, tapered, and one piece sticks. I haven't made up my mind what I like; however I am having an easier time with those ebay Montreal standard shafts and the Easton one-piece sticks. I haven't found what I really like right now.

This is the flex I use and Hullie's theory was to let the stick do all the work. Enjoy it. I have for 10+ years!

Thanks, it's just wierd in the sense that it seems like the kickpoint is exactly in the lower third and nowhere else. I guess it was for his one timers? He was before my time so I have no clue.

Steel, it's marked as a 65 flex, but it feels at least 10 pts stiffer than that lol

I am playing standard, tapered, and one piece sticks. I haven't made up my mind what I like; however I am having an easier time with those ebay Montreal standard shafts and the Easton one-piece sticks. I haven't found what I really like right now.

Are those the Nitro shafts in a light flex with a really light flex?

Are those the Nitro shafts in a light flex with a really light flex?

I am told they are Intermediate flex. I definitely would call them whippy. I have to say that at the moment, I prefer my Easton Stealth 75 Intermediate, followed by the Montreal, then my Synergy 30, then my Reebok 23K Ribcore sticks. I have a Warrior Vandal Grip Intermediate coming. I cut over 6" from a senior stick. I have to say I prefer the Intermediate sticks over any Senior stick.

This is the flex I use and Hullie's theory was to let the stick do all the work. Enjoy it. I have for 10+ years!

I have to agree with that theory. I started off with a mid flex stick back in the day, and then went to a stiff flex. After two years I went back to a mid flex and have never looked back.

I now use a 70 flex for inline, and a 75-80 flex for ice.