Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

what helmet has best ventialtion?

I can't compare it to a lot of other models that are out there, but I've found my Bauer 9500 is pretty well-ventilated.

My 8500 is well ventilated but EPP foam doesn't absorb sweat so its kind of pointless

I have an 8K, S17 and an M11 and by far the best ventilated is the 8K. The new Easton ZShock looks like it breathes good, haven't used it though. The big holes on the top of the 8K are what makes the difference.

IMO the Mission Intake was the best ventilated helmet. Im sure you can find them for cheap now.

VN or EPP liner? I just picked up a VN version on the cheap and I'm hoping it will work out.

The Intake EPP was breezy - you could literally feel the breeze on the top of your head as you skated. My pro-stock VN Intake isn't nearly as well ventilated - if you want to stay cool go with the EPP (retail).

between in order or what i can remember: 852, 4000 (4500), 5000, 5500, s17, v10, 8k, s19, the s19 by far trumps all of those. Its awesome.

The biggest problem is having it fit properly. Very few guys at the skate in Toronto could get it to fit well.

IMO the Mission Intake was the best ventilated helmet. Im sure you can find them for cheap now.

The foam is for absorbing impact not sweat.

In my personal opinion the Mission Intake and the Reebok 6 and 8K seem to be the best ventilated that I have tried. Just got the Easton S-19 but won't be using it until I start my men's league in September. I'll keep you posted on how it works out for ventilation.

If your like me, you are going to sweat no matter how good the ventilation is. My problem w/ my new helmet, NB 9500, isn't the ventilation, it's that the sweat just drips directly into my eyes.

I just bought this and I'm hoping it helps keep the sweat out of my eyes.

th_UnerArmourSkullCap.jpg

The biggest problem is having it fit properly. Very few guys at the skate in Toronto could get it to fit well.

I know, its ridiculous. So many people want them b/c they're so lite, and a bunch of kids like the fit of an 8k over it once we have them try on multiple helmets. Anyways funny (well, wouldn't be funny if I didn't work at shop to get discounts) story...

I tried the s19 on in a large when our rep came in like november... hurt like hell, didn't like it, figured an XL would be awesome for me b/c at the time I was in an S17. A week later someone stole my S17, and wanted to help out shop and get something instock. Tried everything on, v10 felt the best. During march at minnesota expo i tried on s19 again, this time an a XL, no sizing worked for me, i didn't like it. Literally a week later my head started to hurt in my v10, and it was too small for me. (Maxed out Large).. so tried on a bunch and only one that worked was an 8k. So I got that. In late May our helmets finally came in, and the s19 XL showed up, and this time it felt perfectly.

I've gone through 4 helmets in a year. :/ not a fun feeling. I'd rather waste that money on a pair of gloves or save for rims for my car or something..

Jofa 690, if you are able to find it somewhere.

Yeah good luck finding a Jofa 690. One of my all time favourite helmets. Great fit ventilation and protection.

Yeah good luck finding a Jofa 690. One of my all time favourite helmets. Great fit ventilation and protection.

had one back in the day (vn model) personally i don't remember it being that well vented. But to update i ended up getting a epp intake and it's damn nice when your moving and pretty hot on the bench but i'll take it, only wish it was little lighter. And no fogging issues with my itech aviator visor like i was having with my s9.

+1 Great helmet. I just busted mine and had to change. First tried the S13....it did not feel right on my head it was deeper than my 690. I ended up with the M11. Ventilation not great but it is very comfortable.

how's the ventilation with the bauer 5100 or bauer 7500?

+1. I'm also interested in the 7500. I does look similar to a 4500 in terms of ventilation (with the back of a 8500)

I picked up and wore a VN foam Mission Intake tonight. When I first got on the ice I was impressed with the ventilation. After a few shifts I noticed no difference between it and my Bauer 4500. It was more comfortable at least.

I picked up and wore a VN foam Mission Intake tonight. When I first got on the ice I was impressed with the ventilation. After a few shifts I noticed no difference between it and my Bauer 4500. It was more comfortable at least.

I honestly believe the EPP version of the Mission helmet gives the air more space to circulate than the VN version over the long haul during a game. Still I find VN helmets much more comfortable so I guess it's a trade off when is comes to your personal preference.