Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pactfor

new easton product

Easton SyNergy skates

I was fortunate enough to get a good look at one and it's an amazing thing to behold. The entire lower half of the boot is a solid carbon fiber mold, much like a ski boot. From the ankle bone down, up the sides of the foot and over the tops of your toes, the boot is a solid molded boot. There is no sole on the skate because the boot is the sole.

The tongue and lacing portion of the boot are sewn to the carbon . There is a ventilation / drain in the bottom, and the skate blade is perforated to provide additional weight savings to a skate that will no doubt be lighter in total weight than any other.

Now before you say "I've got to have a pair", consider that a skate like this CANNOT be heat molded, not even a little. It cannot be stretched or even punched, so if your foot doesn't fit in it, off the shelf, you're out of luck. Furthermore, this kind of technology will cost you, so you better save you pennies.

Expect to see the Synergy skate online and at local retailers in October or November 2004.

Easton SyNergy skates

I was fortunate enough to get a good look at one and it's an amazing thing to behold. The entire lower half of the boot is a solid carbon fiber mold, much like a ski boot. From the ankle bone down, up the sides of the foot and over the tops of your toes, the boot is a solid molded boot. There is no sole on the skate because the boot is the sole.

The tongue and lacing portion of the boot are sewn to the carbon . There is a ventilation / drain in the bottom, and the skate blade is perforated to provide additional weight savings to a skate that will no doubt be lighter in total weight than any other.

Now before you say "I've got to have a pair", consider that a skate like this CANNOT be heat molded, not even a little. It cannot be stretched or even punched, so if your foot doesn't fit in it, off the shelf, you're out of luck. Furthermore, this kind of technology will cost you, so you better save you pennies.

Expect to see the Synergy skate online and at local retailers in October or November 2004.

Some places already have them like 1800faceoff.com .

a bunch of us have already tested them at our store... overall concencus not too great... in order to make the "coil" technology work you have to way at least about 185. left alot of people unsatisfied with the overall comfort and performance of the boot

When i saw them and held them they looked awesome....but they feel like they are made of cheap (light cheap) materails. Wouldnt protect you that much.

When i saw them and held them they looked awesome....but they feel like they are made of cheap (light cheap) materails. Wouldnt protect you that much.

Funny, one of their main advantages is the protection...

a bunch of us have already tested them at our store... overall concencus not too great... in order to make the "coil" technology work you have to way at least about 185. left alot of people unsatisfied with the overall comfort and performance of the boot

That is what a buddy of mine told me. He didn't know how any smaller person could get those to flex

True, being smaller (5'7 165lbs) I dont know how I'd flex them. Our rep brought the composite piece, minus the rest of the boot, to our store to show us. The coil thing looks pretty cool. He also got us a demo pair and the protection is great because it disperses the energy of the shot throughout the skate, not just into your foot. At least thats what the guys who have size 10.5 feet tell me that have tried them.

True, being smaller (5'7 165lbs)

Damn, you're shriveling more! See a damn doctor about your pet worm!

Hey man!!! Is that supposed to be an insult?!?!?!?!?!? Haha, I'm only 5'2 110lbs! But then again I am only 14 1/2...ehh but I still should be taller

I weigh about 130 and the "Coil technology" wasn't noticed when I tried them. They were very nice, but my ankles didn't like them at all(tore them up bad..) along with many other people's.

from what easton has shown us the protection these skates have are amazing.. im not sure about your LHS but mine has a nice little display on the skate rack that shows the boot flexing when its getting hit by a puck

True, being smaller (5'7 165lbs)

Damn, you're shriveling more! See a damn doctor about your pet worm!

Hey man!!! Is that supposed to be an insult?!?!?!?!?!? Haha, I'm only 5'2 110lbs! But then again I am only 14 1/2...ehh but I still should be taller

:P I used to work with the Graz, He's making a joke casue I used to wiegh 230.

But going back to the lastest post, Easton has done a good job trying to show people of the protection of the boot. I agree with Sniper407.

I weigh about 130 and the "Coil technology" wasn't noticed when I tried them. They were very nice, but my ankles didn't like them at all(tore them up bad..) along with many other people's.

I think you need to skate with the synergys very often

so you can flex them more. I don't think you can say

when you have their new that they don't flex you

I hope you understand me....I can't explain that good in english, but I hope you understand that, too ;\

I am just sweet 15 ;] and I'm learning yet your language so ;) I hope you can forgive me ;D for my bad english

Nice to have protection, but fit is important too. Molded skates were tried in the 80s. Hockey is not skiing.

Someone will figure out how to do it right where fit and protection are addressed. This doesn't look like they've succeeded.

maybe easton should make skates in flexes, so like 130 up to 220, and maybe release a more expensive "taper coil" version that makes the spring action faster :blink:

loll i'm sure EASTON could do a ''taper coil'' just like a tapered stick!!!!easton and all their stupid meaning!!!! lolll