Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

The 2010-2011 Suspension Thread

Unless someone shows an angle demonstrating that he got tripped or shoved going on, Upshall deserved an intent-to-injure and a suspension for absolutely torpedoing Tuuka Rask about a minute ago. It was sheer luck that Rask was unhurt: Upshall came in a full speed and plowed him in the process of making a save, which is when a goalie is most vulnerable, with no ability to brace and the legs in a contorted position that can't take more weight without serious failure. No call on the play. And it wasn't like Rask was in no-man's land: he was right in the middle of the crease. At the very least, if Upshall had done that to a defenseless skater, he'd have got 5 and a game for charging and intent.

Nevermind the hit from behind, the suckerpunch at 1:31 is what pisses me off.

I hadn't seen that. Thanks. I'm a Habs fan but somehow still hope that the Panthers will take care of business next time they meet. Sucker punches have no place wether on the ice or at a bar or anywhere else.

Anyone think that Keith is going to get one for this elbow on Salei?

I definately think he should, especially with all of the talk about cracking down on shots to the head. But considering its Duncan Keith, and Salei didnt leave on a stretcher i doubt anything comes of it.

It wasn't a blind side hit and it wasn't called in the game, zero chance of it resulting in a suspension. Personally, I think it should but Colin Campbell has a very different view.

It wasn't a blind side hit and it wasn't called in the game, zero chance of it resulting in a suspension. Personally, I think it should but Colin Campbell has a very different view.

They did say that a from the front hit that targets the head can also be suspebdable...it's not limited to blind side hits, but you are right, most likely nothing coming.

I wonder if Keith's elbow wasn't retaliation for something Salei did earlier in the game. Remember, Salei is the guy who sent Modano face first into the boards years ago.

it was more of an excuse to post that video than anything. I think it's hilarious and they should allow him to play in more games because of it. a negative game suspension. bout time someone stooped to his level and taunted avery like that.

Oh I thought it was hilarious as well. Avery won't fight, so James gives him a little somethin somethin instead. Awesome.

i could see them giving 5 games - they should want to nip this in the bud before it starts getting worse - then again ol' colin usually does the opposite of what i guess.

i could see them giving 5 games - they should want to nip this in the bud before it starts getting worse - then again ol' colin usually does the opposite of what i guess.

If he's out for a while it may be five games. The hit really wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of the other ones I've seen, but the result was worse. We all know that Campbell suspends based on the result, so the diagnosis will make a difference.

That's a tough one. Hard to say that the intent was there to injure, but the optics are terrible, which is all Campbell cares about.

Personally, I thought the Keith one was far worse, in everything but the result. I'd have given him 10 games minimum.