Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Standard shaft with lowest kick point

ya from experience go with the 1100.... innovative is all i use now and Easton i just dont trust anymore... i use the 1100 myself and have also had the z-bubble... like the 1100 alot more.... i reccommend that over easton to all customers

Im thinking of getting an apollo shaft...... Not trying to change the topic but u think that would be a better choice or the OPS?

A good tapered shaft and blade combo is the way to go. Pretty much the same performance as a ops, but you have flexibility and since the blade or shaft can be replaced, genereally you will save money.,

Z-Bubble might have the lowest cause of the Focus Flex zone, it always flexes at the same part of the shaft. Other standard shafts have differential flex which I think flexes around the mid point of the shaft. I've noticed the difference between the Bubble and the 1100 and I chose the Bubble hands down.

Or you can put a short hosel standard blade in any shaft which may lower the kickpoint a bit. Blades like the Bauer Vapor 4 wood or Hespeler used to make that F4. I find that the Z-Carbs help lower the kickpoint but most members say it's all a gimmick. You have to see for yourself

I think once upon a time Guru explained differential flex as the shaft would maintain a relative flex point regardless of how much the shaft was cut.

well the Ultra Carbon has "differential flex technology" too

I dunno...Easton reps'll stand up for their equipment. I've got nothing aginst easton, I just loathe the fact that they don't ship direct to Canada.

The Novius adds a little jump to your shot. As long as you don't take a lot of ice on your shot you should be ok with it.

completely disregarding kick point, the red lite xn10 is a rocket launcher.

Any chance of a quick review? I haven't seen much feedback about this shaft....doesn't seem like that many people on this board have them.

completely disregarding kick point, the red lite xn10 is a rocket launcher.

Any chance of a quick review? I haven't seen much feedback about this shaft....doesn't seem like that many people on this board have them.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=3914

I really like the flex of it and I put a TPS X-1 blade in it and I feel it is one of the best balanced sticks I have ever used.

kick point is wherever you hold your bottom hand on a standard shaft....so I'm thinkin that they're all the same

That is not the case. The kick point is where the shaft flexes the most and on many shafts they have been engineered to be well below where the bottom hand usually is.

Eiop, chippa13 got the answer.

Thanks for the affirmation, Dr.

You have no idea what that positive feedback did to my self esteem. I tell you, it brought me in off the ledge.