Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theflash0000

Made in the USA/Made in Canada

Did a search for this and didn't find anything...

Are there any resources that list which hockey equipment companies manufacture their goods in the USA or in Canada? It seems that even within each company's product lines, some goods are made in North America and others elsewhere.

If not, this is probably a good place to start a list.

Non, gear companies that I know of:

WSI - shirts, jocks, etc...

K1 - Jerseys and socks

Both are based in Minnesota and make good product

whats the difference between made in canada and usa?

on reflection i think you were looking for products made in north america vs the world

Here's a few to start with:

Warrior: Franchise glove and Ak27 Pro Glove

CCM: The new U+ Crazy light skate

Graf: Ultra G series and 700 series skates (could be others)

Miken Hockey: Sticks

Eagle: PPF, X95, X88, X70, X72 gloves (not sure about the rest of their gear)

Vaughn: High end goalie gear (don't know about their entry and mid level)

Reebok: High end goalie gear

Mckenney: Goalie gear

Tackla: Pants

Here's a few to start with:

Warrior: Franchise glove and Ak27 Pro Glove

CCM: The new U+ Crazy light skate

Graf: Ultra G series and 700 series skates (could be others)

Miken Hockey: Sticks

Eagle: PPF, X95, X88, X70, X72 gloves (not sure about the rest of their gear)

Vaughn: High end goalie gear (don't know about their entry and mid level)

Reebok: High end goalie gear

Mckenney: Goalie gear

Tackla: Pants

ak27 pro gloves for 2010 are made in Philippines, 09's were made in canada

i think reebok's high end skates are still made in canada, the last two generation 9k were made in canada.

All tackla pants I had were made in finland.. last one was bought around 2000 though.

Bauer helmets were made in Canada as well before it becomes nikebauer

I remember when I was a kid most of the gears bauer, ccm, were made in canada, apart few exceptions GRAF (swiss), tackla (fin), koho(even though I think some were made in canada since they teamed up with ccm)..

Here's Warrior's list:

Hustler Pants

Franchise Gloves

Creeper Gloves

Messiah Goal Equipment (Leg Pads, Catcher, Blocker, Pants)

Warrior Pro Bag (Goalie, Player, Coach)

Here's Warrior's list:

Hustler Pants

Franchise Gloves

Creeper Gloves

Messiah Goal Equipment (Leg Pads, Catcher, Blocker, Pants)

Warrior Pro Bag (Goalie, Player, Coach)

Thanks for the update. I go out of my way to buy gear made in North America - if it costs more, so be it. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with gear made overseas. I have a full understanding of the economics behind it. With that said, I'd prefer to support company's that keep some jobs here:-). Maybe someday there will be changes made in the economic landscape that make it viable for company's to bring the manufacturing back to North America. Not just hockey, but other industries as well. I've never been comfortable with the thought of losing the ability to produce for ourselves.

For Tackla it's Montreal.

Tac & Frontier are under the Montreal name, too. Their headquarters are in CT?

Montreal Hockey and Montreal Hockey Co. are two different things. Montreal Hockey Co. is a distributor based out of Connecticut that distributes Tackla product in the US (and distributed Montreal products as well). Their USA Tackla pants are made in Asia.

Montreal Hockey was acquired by Warrior Sports.

Euro Tacklas are made in Finland.

Canadian Tackla was distributed by Vaughn Hockey, who made the NHL spec and Canadian retail Tackla in their own factory. However, when Vaughn acquired Eagle, they ceased to distribute Tackla and now make Eagle pants, and that's why they are so similar.

New Combat stick is made in Canada.

Not sure who is doing Tackla in Canada, certainly not Vaughn anymore.

Source for Sports purchased the rights to the name so any local Source store will/should have it

Thanks for the update. I go out of my way to buy gear made in North America - if it costs more, so be it. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with gear made overseas. I have a full understanding of the economics behind it. With that said, I'd prefer to support company's that keep some jobs here:-). Maybe someday there will be changes made in the economic landscape that make it viable for company's to bring the manufacturing back to North America. Not just hockey, but other industries as well. I've never been comfortable with the thought of losing the ability to produce for ourselves.

I can respect that.

If it's North America, then I have to add to our list.

Sticks:

Kronik

Dolomite Spyne

Dolomite

Disher

KGB

AK27 Shaft

Dolomite Shaft

Abyss Goalie Stick

Woodrow goalie stick

Youd be hard-pressed to find any hockey gear that isnt made in China nowdays. Labor cost have made it so that companies almost have to make their stuff in Asia just to be able to survive.

Good thread. It helps determine whether or not duty will get charged on US to Canada shipments. I know I'll be getting dinged for a pair of S17 LE skates that are on their way.