Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

RBK Goalie Gear

Those are the exact same pair that Luongo always uses, except for Reeboks logo. I would've liked to see Luongo mixing up the colors a bit.

They seriously look awesome as with that branding. I agree as well they are Koho look alikes but that Rbk branding has beter synergy with the pad design making them look sweet as! And hey at the end of the day you have wicked ass looking pads that are Kohos so you know they work!

I don't understand why changing the name makes them cooler. I've always been more concerned with quality than branding. The fact that more of the equipment is purchased for youth players, means that tradition plays a much smaller part in the selection of gear anymore.

I don't understand why changing the name makes them cooler. I've always been more concerned with quality than branding. The fact that more of the equipment is purchased for youth players, means that tradition plays a much smaller part in the selection of gear anymore.

Branding done properly can boost sales by unreal numbers! Everytime Coke changes the design on their cans, even subtley their sales go up by 15-25% in Australia. Just for changing the way Coca-Cola is arranged on a can! Branding is one of the most powerful sales tools. Can you name a company that isn't afraid to change an existing or new branding to boost their sales at a comparitive level?

Sorry, I'm not one of the lemmings that buys into that stuff. I buy my hockey gear because it works for me and feels comfortable and I buy coke because I like the taste. To buy things like that for other reasons makes no sense. By the way, changes in the packaging are generally accompanied by massive advertising expenditures.

Chadd buys more Coke than anyone I know.

I was at his house for 4 days and I think they went through 3 12-packs.

:P

I drink coke at pretty much a higher rate, it's terrible.

But back to the pads, they look sort of like a 590/gatekeeper hybrid.

Is ccm going to continue making goal pads? Or is it all going under the RBK flag?

It wasn't quite that bad.

LOL there was a 12-pack of empties in your car alone!

That may be, usually it's 6 or so. I need to clean it one last time before it gets too damn cold.

Sorry, I'm not one of the lemmings that buys into that stuff. I buy my hockey gear because it works for me and feels comfortable and I buy coke because I like the taste. To buy things like that for other reasons makes no sense. By the way, changes in the packaging are generally accompanied by massive advertising expenditures.

Agreed Im the same with my gear, but Chadd my lad we are in the minority as most ppl say "Damn I need s new stick, OOOOOOH that one is shinyy!"

:wub::wacko:

Oh and those figures were from a branding case study I did on Coke, that was just a redesign with no marketting expenditure.

Haven't you always wondered why top of the line gear eg Hi Ho Silvers, Mission Helium (sorry fogotten the top model, happens when they name them with numbers!) are so much better looking than the base model? Its because they are looking to sell those more expensive items more. At the end of the day ppl want pimp ass looking gear and usability but, as we all know most aren't afraid to shell out the big bucks just to look the part alone.

All of the US redesigns I can recall were combined with stories on the news and tons of advertising. I understand advertising pretty well, my father owned his own agency for years and I worked for another agency as a Network Admin and I still knew more about it than most of their execs. I hated that hellhole.

Inline is driven by looks far more than ice has been though it seems to be catching up. As long as people piss away money based solely on advertising and not on trial and error, stuff will continue to get shinier and quality will suffer.

You really didn't have to write that WHOLE first paragraph Chadd. You could have just said "Mine's bigger than yours" and saved so much time. ;)

My figures were based on Aus sales charts/records regardless and you missed the point ENTIRELY, and that is people don't care about usability half the time, they buy it on impulse and looks drive that impulse more than any other facet. Im not saying I agree or its right. Its a fact thats all.

Hockey gear is much less impulsive than a beverage due to the price more than anything. They really aren't comparable in most cases. In hockey purchases are driven by what the pros use and what the ads say more than anything else. Price is the third criteria and actual experience comes in somewhere well after the others, on average. People here tend to be the exception to that rule.

Hockey gear is much less impulsive than a beverage due to the price more than anything. They really aren't comparable in most cases. In hockey purchases are driven by what the pros use and what the ads say more than anything else. Price is the third criteria and actual experience comes in somewhere well after the others, on average. People here tend to be the exception to that rule.

i doubt that even if the pros did use skates like the 8090's or 8000's, people would buy them, seeing as how they are such low key skates (in terms of looks). so far, i haven't seen a single pair of 8090's and only one pair of 8000's while there have been around 10 pairs of XX's as well as lots of other vapor skates as well as a bunch of v12s, tacks and vectors.

I know at least half a dozen people with 8090s, but those are on people who try on everything to see what fits. I see a lot of vectors and vapors, but almost all of them bought them online and never tried them on.

Pads are quite a bit different from the traditional Lefevre setup. The one main change on these is the fact that they are a full foam construction. The foam is actually molded with an piece of HD glued over the top of it. The HD has breakpoints through it at the boot, lower knee and upper thigh. I tried them on myself at a recent invite to our buying group and I really liked the setup. The squared up knee wing is the biggest and most positive change on the pad as well as the squared up outer roll. The leg channel is pretty much the same.

I have other pics that I took in case anyone wants a closer look....

rbk1.jpg

rbk2.jpg

rbk3.jpg

rbk4.jpg

rbk5.jpg

rbk6.jpg

rbk7.jpg

rbk8.jpg

rbk9.jpg

rbk10.jpg

If anyone has any questions....just let me know.

Paul G.

how do those pads look owt like the Koho 590's??

photo05.jpg

yes that have the same colouring and yes there both squarish... but the graphics don't look the same and there are no knee rolls :huh:

as for the RBK pads the whole range looks gorgeous... i'm well interested into finding out the pricing, are they gonna be same as the Koho/CCM/Heaton pads or be cheaper till the brand kicks off??? i know the materials and make-up to the pads are basicly a combination from the 590s and the Gatekeepers but surly they won't go straight into charging top money will they??

but at the end of the day i like them eventhough i would look like a Chav in them :lol: