Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secti0n31

Hey (former/current) TPS stick users...

Hey folks.

I'm a huge TPS stick fan and I've used them all the way back to the old black and gold TPS Rubber shafts. I've got a Tri-core shaft that's going to die on me soon, and I bought a couple of R6's from the Monkey, but there will be a point where TPS sticks/shafts are no longer available. What I'd like to know is who are the TPS junkies, and what have you switched to now that Sher-wood has killed off TPS hockey?

I know that there's a pretty good stock at the monkey, and I'm going to grab a few more as soon as the opportunity arises, but I'm not opposed to grabbing another brand and I'd like to know what the former TPS users are using now (and what you used when you were playing mainly TPS), and how they compare to your favorite TPS sticks?

I'm using TPS shafts that I've stockpiled. I'm less fussy about blades. I like the one95 for standard and the Dolo/Inno for tapered blades.

I've liked the Dolo shaft (I like the performance, hate the graphics) and pretty much every top end Bauer stick/shaft I've tried. If I had to start from scratch, I'd probably try to find some one90's or one95's on sale. I've also been tempted to try an 11k shaft, but can't offer any insight into their performance.

If you liked the TPS R flex, as I do, the 90 flex Battleaxe BX10 is working quite well for me. I still have a few shafts in the closet though and I rarely break sticks. My problem is finding tapered blades that I like.

I use whip because I have to cut em down a good bit. Stiffest I can use out of the box is an 80-85, anything more and I may as well be swinging a baseball bat. I'm not picky about blades either sickwilly, nor am I picky about tapered vs standard shafts.

I use whip because I have to cut em down a good bit. Stiffest I can use out of the box is an 80-85, anything more and I may as well be swinging a baseball bat. I'm not picky about blades either sickwilly, nor am I picky about tapered vs standard shafts.

I use TPS whip flex too ( XN10, R2 shaft and Adrenaline ) and have found so far I've liked either the one 95 77 flex ops' or Warrior Dolo's ( 70 or 75 flex ) the best.

That's very interesting, but to play Devil's advocate here just because they use the same names for the patterns, doesn't mean that they're the same construction. For 200+ euros and international shipping, that stick had better have a diamond reinforced blade and have 24k gold paint graphics, but I'll look into torspo and compare construction with TPS, see if there are similarities or if they're just cloning patterns.

a quick google turned up this site.

http://www.hockeycorner.de/TORSPO-SURGE-421-Pro-Lite-Composite-Stick-Senior-_1

if you look at the blade pattern options you get all the pattern names from TPS

That's your proof? It also has Lidstrom and Sakic options for the same stick, so they must be the same as Easton sticks too according to your logic.

Im using a TPS R6 Armor, Whip flex, Perry curve. Love the flex, weight/balance and puck feel. Not so hot on how it catches passes though :( or maybe its just me

Love my whip flex R6 PTC. I've always fired a wrister from the point and deep slot, and the r6 musta added a good 5mph of whip to that wrister compared to my 2-piece sticks.

Ty for the tip buckley. My next buy is most likely gonna be an r10 with the afinoginev monster hook but I'll look into it. Does anyone have an opinion on the r8, r4, and r2 shafts?

That's your proof? It also has Lidstrom and Sakic options for the same stick, so they must be the same as Easton sticks too according to your logic.

not proof, never claimed that. just food for thought.

has anyone used/compared a R8 shaft to sherwood T100 shaft? I am curious to see how similar they feel and play?

i have both the post-sherwood r8 in a reg flex (95) and a t100 in a med flex (70-75). hard to compare them directly because of the flex, but both are using one95 blades. the r8 is tons lighter and has a noticeable low kick compared to the t100. the t100 does beat it slightly on feel. if you want a woody feeling stick the t100+one95 blade is the way to go. the r8 is a performance shaft and it kicks like one, but being such a lighter stick it actually feels hollow. again, the extra kick out of the r8 could be the flex difference, and thats not to say the t100 doesn't kick hard either.

My T100s are considerably more square than the old R8s. Obviously, that comes down to PP - I happen to prefer the boxier profile...although I do wish they were a bit more concave.

My T100s are considerably more square than the old R8s. Obviously, that comes down to PP - I happen to prefer the boxier profile...although I do wish they were a bit more concave.

Thanks, that's good to know as well, I absolutely love the concave geometry of the Response sticks. I'm suprised the sher-woods are still traditional shaft-walls. I also think (I may be wrong about this) that from an engineering standpoint, deep concave shaft walls significantly increase the rigidity and durability of a hockey stick. I don't have any kind of mathematical basis for that, it just seems that way.

I'm from Germany and my home team has been sponsored by TPS! when they ordered new gloves they got exactly the same glove with the same colors but with Torspo on the cuff!

Using totalone tapered shafts now, one95 tapered shafts before, and some harrow's in there. nothing quite feels the same as my XN10's or adrenalines did... :sad:

Zach

I'm from Germany and my home team has been sponsored by TPS! when they ordered new gloves they got exactly the same glove with the same colors but with Torspo on the cuff!

THAT is interesting, and I went to torspo's website to take a look, and the sticks LOOK like TPS technology, but there's absolutely NO info on any of their products on their main site or any of their retailers. Unfortunately spylo, I'm in the US and all of the torspo retailers are overseas (so far).

I'd love to find another Tri-core shaft on ebay or something. I'm not too interested in the 'wooden' feel, but I love the way the tri-core plays.

Using totalone tapered shafts now, one95 tapered shafts before, and some harrow's in there. nothing quite feels the same as my XN10's or adrenalines did... :sad:

Zach

I'm also using the TotalOne shaft. I will say that it does have a great kick and feel to it. Does not take much effort to load at all.

Zach

there's a totalone tapered shaft out already? where'd you find that?

I still have not really got mine dialed in. Does not kick the same way as my tapered one95's did however. I'm also not too keen on the balance of the stick out of the box. I will need to toy with mine more.

Zach

Going with AK27s and Grip Lites, but that's not due to me not having any XN10s around as much as it is me liking Tang more than Kool-Aid.