Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woobiemk16

Bauer One95 vs Warrior Dolomite DD

Hello, I got a One95 (P92) after reading great reviews from MSH & other sites.

I like it's feel, but I'm not thrilled about my shots with it. Mostly use wrist and snap shots, not slappers. I didn't think the mid kick pt would be as big an adjustment as it has been. I hear the 2011 Warrior Dolo DD is a really good low kick pt alternative.

Anyone have experience with the Warrior stick?

Hello, I got a One95 (P92) after reading great reviews from MSH & other sites.

I like it's feel, but I'm not thrilled about my shots with it. Mostly use wrist and snap shots, not slappers. I didn't think the mid kick pt would be as big an adjustment as it has been. I hear the 2011 Warrior Dolo DD is a really good low kick pt alternative.

Anyone have experience with the Warrior stick?

I bought the DD a couple weeks ago and i really like it. I've always been a dolomite guy though. and yes, the kickpoint is low on the dolomites. If that's what you're looking for, its a great stick choice.

the DD blade is a great blade. it's somewhat more lively than the one95 blade, but i think its a well balanced blade in that regard. some people say the one95 feels dead, which the more i switch between my vapor blades and supreme blades i tend to agree.

i didn't have the DD blade on my stick very long, swithced to vapor blade, but when I did, i liked the feel and it was never a source of complaint (and really, isn't that how it's supposed to be?)

In my opinion the 2011 Dolomite DD blade is the second best on a OPS since the Mission Pulse, the one95 blade being the best. I personally like the way the Dolo shoots more than the one95 but the one95 is more forgiving to shoot with for most. If you used the one95 exclusively for a while the DD blade will feel more lively, if you used anything else the DD's blade will feel like dampened heaven.

Read my review if you'd like more info on the Dolo.

I love the Dolomite DD. It's dirt cheap, kicks hard, and has great puck feel. I also love the one95, which I think has better puck feel and is built like a tank. I never shoot and do a lot of stick work on defense so I prefer the one95.

The One95 will take some getting used to if you had low-kick sticks in the past.

I bought the One95 based on reviews, too, and hated it when I first got it. When my original Stealths broke, I used it exclusively for quite some time and adjusted, but my wristers and snappers were never very good. My slapshot was slightly better, but it's never been good.

After awhile, I realized that it was a very good stick, but it just wasn't for my playing style.

Switched back to low-kick sticks and I'll never go back to a mid-kick again.

To answer your question, though, the 2011 Dolomite is awesome. I never really found the feel on the One95 to be super-special, although it was good. The 2011 Dolo is just as good, in my opinion.

Take a stickhandling ball, go to your LHS, find a carpeted area, and give them both a little test run side-by-side to compare.

In my opinion the 2011 Dolomite DD blade is the second best on a OPS since the Mission Pulse, the one95 blade being the best. I personally like the way the Dolo shoots more than the one95 but the one95 is more forgiving to shoot with for most. If you used the one95 exclusively for a while the DD blade will feel more lively, if you used anything else the DD's blade will feel like dampened heaven.

Read my review if you'd like more info on the Dolo.

yeah, I am excited to try the new Warrior based on your review. but am surprised there isn't much else out there in terms of reviews for it, given that it seems like its a really good stick.

do you know if its available as separate shaft & blade combo? and if so, is it tapered?

thanks for answering my post, guys! much appreciated.

I love the Dolomite DD. It's dirt cheap, kicks hard, and has great puck feel. I also love the one95, which I think has better puck feel and is built like a tank. I never shoot and do a lot of stick work on defense so I prefer the one95.

really? dirt cheap?

I live in Toronto. and it's suprisingly hard to find the new 2011 Warrior at many of my local LHS's. if they carry Warrior, it's old stock. the couple places that do have the new version, it's expensive. like $210 Cdn.

I started a thead earlier, asking where I could find one for cheaper in my area. but got no responses.

yeah, I am excited to try the new Warrior based on your review. but am surprised there isn't much else out there in terms of reviews for it, given that it seems like its a really good stick.

do you know if its available as separate shaft & blade combo? and if so, is it tapered?

thanks for answering my post, guys! much appreciated.

really? dirt cheap?

I live in Toronto. and it's suprisingly hard to find the new 2011 Warrior at many of my local LHS's. if they carry Warrior, it's old stock. the couple places that do have the new version, it's expensive. like $210 Cdn.

I started a thead earlier, asking where I could find one for cheaper in my area. but got no responses.

It's a tapered shaft/blade combo. In terms of top of the line sticks this is dirt cheap. $170 for a stick is a steal these days

Hockey Experts in Mississauga has nearly all currently available 2011 models in all sizes/patterns...

I've got a 2010 Dolo DD on its way from the monkey (55 flex). I'm anxious to see how the blade feels. Not a big fan of the blade on the XXVs I'm currently using.

Quick related question - I found one of my favourite stick for shooting (especially wristers) was an Inno MegaLyte (old Warrior model SMU/clone of somekind?) the 85 flex had whip to it. Would the DD compare to this, or what would? I have an 82 flex One 95, but want to get something with more whip to it as well.

Both of my '10 dds whipped out nicely after a few shooting sessions. If you want something whippier you could always go with a 75 flex dolo.

The '10 model sticks dont have the same soft feel that the '11s have. They seem to be more pingy feeling than the newer blades. I had two of the dragon models and both had a very lively but pingy blades. The sticks are great and kick hard, but the feel isn't as soft as the '11.

I agree. I currently own two '10 DD's and two '11 DD's and the '10's have what I think is a live feel. More pingly and maybe even thinner than the '11 blade.

I will say my '10's are slightly more balanced and I like the shaft shape better (the '11 is more boxy, but not bad at all).

this pretty much sums it up for me: when I switched from wooden blades One95 was the next best thing - great feel!

when comparing with One95 2010 DD feels pingy to me personally. stickhandling & especially receiving passes takes quite a bit more effort.

btw I'm not sure how effective is testing sticks at the store with a smart ball since on-ice feel with the puck is quite different - to me anyways...

i havent used the '11 dolos but ive used the '10 one and the ones previous..and i like the one95. i like the mid flex on it.. im using a base right now and it is more of a mid-low kick and i love it as well.. the one95 is a tank and woudl imagine most d men swear by it

is the 2011 Dolo, the one with green/orange Warrior lettering? Im wondering if the older Dolo DD Dragon sticks are the same in terms of feel

is the 2011 Dolo, the one with green/orange Warrior lettering? Im wondering if the older Dolo DD Dragon sticks are the same in terms of feel

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=D1SC

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=D1SG

these are the 2011's

read the previous posts. The 2011 vs 2010 has been discussed