Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Cheese

What is the biggest retail Toe curve?

I'm still waiting for Kynetyk to respond.

Yeah they have some of the worst customer service, I have alot of trouble trying to get an answer. They won't reply everytime and if they do you usually get a one word answer. This is a post from the Kynetyk thread.

I pre ordered a Zherdev back in june and was told i would have it "in a few weeks". about a month ago i tried to cancel my order and get a refund and it took multiple facebook messages a day and hounding him for a week and a half to get my money back.

Back when they were new I bought 3 sticks, one Reflex for me, one Reflex for my friend who JUST got into hockey at the time, and one Surge for my other buddy. My reflex lasted a while but really isnt anything to call home about, I hate the shaft feel and the stick just feels cheap as well, blade feel sucks. My other buddy with his reflex broke it on his second shift going into the corner to get a puck. The other buddy with the Surge used it for a while and now the Surge is in my possession as a backup backup stick. I cant stand it. Spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks and buy a Base Hockey stick.

I've seen the Gionta in person also and its a really nice retail toe, more than a smyth IMO. They have standard blades and are coming out with tapered in spring (April), so not that much longer to get a dolomite.

Check out the pics Gefiltefish put up in this thread.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55167-gionta-pattern/page__st__30

Base is also run by Cliff Ronning and a few others, i sent a few messages to them and got good service but their curves are a bit too open for me.

Yeah they have some of the worst customer service, I have alot of trouble trying to get an answer. They won't reply everytime and if they do you usually get a one word answer. This is a post from the Kynetyk thread.

Yeah, I've contacted them on facebook and the 1st time I talked with them, it was pretty bad. Pretty much exactly as described above. However, the second time, they were really nice, answered any questions I had, etc... I don't know if it's just hit or miss depending on who answers the facebook emails that day or what.

I've seen the Gionta in person also and its a really nice retail toe, more than a smyth IMO. They have standard blades and are coming out with tapered in spring (April), so not that much longer to get a dolomite.

Check out the pics Gefiltefish put up in this thread.

You can already get a new dolomite OPS in a Gionta pattern. Or did you mean not much longer to wait for a Dolomite tapered blade?

I agree with you that the Gionta is more of a toe than a Smyth. I still like the Smyth curve, but I'll definitely switch to the Gionta when I need some new sticks or blades. As others have said, because the curve is closer to the toe there's more of a flat spot so back hands are easier than with the Smyth. The lie is the same - when I was able to demo it at Winterfest there really wasn't anything I didn't like about the Gionta. For my personal tastes it's the best retail curve I've ever seen or had the pleasure of using.

I got in touch with them and they answered my questions. A preorder is available for the blades and they will ship by the end of January.

Yeah any of us could of told you that, its straight off their website.

http://khockey.com/equipment/sticks/kovy-curve

These are the same blades that were suppose to be ready in July, just trying to give you a heads up before you make a decision. Gionta will be out shortly after that also.

You can already get a new dolomite OPS in a Gionta pattern. Or did you mean not much longer to wait for a Dolomite tapered blade?

I agree with you that the Gionta is more of a toe than a Smyth. I still like the Smyth curve, but I'll definitely switch to the Gionta when I need some new sticks or blades. As others have said, because the curve is closer to the toe there's more of a flat spot so back hands are easier than with the Smyth. The lie is the same - when I was able to demo it at Winterfest there really wasn't anything I didn't like about the Gionta. For my personal tastes it's the best retail curve I've ever seen or had the pleasure of using.

Yeah i meant the blades, i saw the OPS Dolo at the LHS. I love how it is really straight for most of the curve like you said, the smyth start their curves earlier. Its a plus that dolo blades always have good response too, built really well.

I did find it weird though when i compared a dolo vs. vandal, the dolo had more toe with a kink too. Those were the only 2 in the store though, maybe they have got more recently because they seem to be really selling.

Yeah, I got an email back in 24 hours. I'm looking forward to trying out their blade.

did you finally get Kynetyk K-017 blade? How do you like it? I got Zherdev TotalOne pro stick from a pro player friend of mine and really like it. The problem is, I really do not want to use it up in the pick-up games but want the curve! Thinking of getting the blade Kynetyk have. I might get more pro sticks with this curve but have to wait for the end of the season :-( Also, apparently, Patrick Eaves's Easton S19 pro stick has a very similar curve, just and FYI!

Well, I have a pro stock Kovalchuk right now, the only problem with it is it's too stiff.

What's the flex on the Zherdev total one?

It did not belong to Zheredev, and I am not too sure of the flex to tell you the truth. It isn't very stiff and not whippy either but again, I am only 175lb (not very strong shooter). My guess, it is around 80 flex. I'll take a few pics by tonight and post them. Also, this Zheredev pro has Kovalchuk blade. The code on the blade is, and I quote exactly how it is etched, "KOVALCHUK-ILYA-4-H10-B16-R".

Finally, got a chance to snap a few pics of my Zheredev pro stock:

DSC_3364.jpg

DSC_3363.jpg

DSC_3361.jpg

DSC_3365.jpg

When I get to retape the blade, I shall snap a couple of photos of the blade where it is etched "Kovalchuk" on it...

wow that is a mild zherdev......not even close to the "hook kovys"

looking at the photos, you are right, the hook does not look that agressive at all. my photo-taking skills wish to be better. I need to take a few photos of the blade with the tape off against some better background or something. on a related note, quite possibly, there are variations of the hook...

It did not belong to Zheredev, and I am not too sure of the flex to tell you the truth. It isn't very stiff and not whippy either but again, I am only 175lb (not very strong shooter). My guess, it is around 80 flex. I'll take a few pics by tonight and post them. Also, this Zheredev pro has Kovalchuk blade. The code on the blade is, and I quote exactly how it is etched, "KOVALCHUK-ILYA-4-H10-B16-R".

I could be wrong, but in those pictures you posted, doesn't the "102" mean it's a 102 flex?

I could be wrong, but in those pictures you posted, doesn't the "102" mean it's a 102 flex?

you are absolutely right. I was pointed to that at some point after but it really does not feel that at all. I have a 7k reebok hamrlik 102 flex and that thing is unbelievably much stiffer than this one. again, the reebok is heavier that the totalone, so that could be just how it feels.

you are absolutely right. I was pointed to that at some point after but it really does not feel that at all. I have a 7k reebok hamrlik 102 flex and that thing is unbelievably much stiffer than this one. again, the reebok is heavier that the totalone, so that could be just how it feels.

g12f is not a total one its a x60 stick fyi