Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Cheese

What is the biggest retail Toe curve?

Ok thats what I thought, I just found it weird that they had them both as options on the same blade.

So between the Gionta and Crazy Ovi which would you say is easier to get a slapshot off. I tend to shank clappers with my p92 and I think it has to do with the rocker

I like the Gionta more for slappers.

I'm the opposite, for 1-timers and slappers I like the Ovi Curve.. unreal velocity & a little more accurate compared to other curves. Snap shots and wristers take more technique to pull off. I also have the E28 "Kreps" curve and the snap shots/wristers are phenominal. slap shots are not slacking, but I feel they are not quite as good or accurate as with the Ovi stick.

This is my personal preference & not everyone's shooting mechanics are alike, so YMMV.

Next question, Just found an standard AK27 blade available in a Gionta and Kovalchuk pattern.What is the difference between the two? They look nearly identical on the blade chart. Anyone have pics of either?

Next question, Just found an standard AK27 blade available in a Gionta and Kovalchuk pattern.What is the difference between the two? They look nearly identical on the blade chart. Anyone have pics of either?

They're pretty different. The main difference is that the Gionta's a toe curve, while the Kovalchuk's a mid curve.

The warrior blade chart lists it as a toe curve. According to the chart the only difference is the depth. The Gionta is 3/4 and kovy is 9/16

Davidfinlay is right. Gionta is a toe while Kovy is a mid.

This.

The Gionta opens way up on the toe just like the Ovi does, but the Kovalchuk is closed throughout.

I strongly disagree.

P92 is a gradual mid curve which opens up towards the toe.

Kovalchuck has a mid kink and a closed face.

There's also a big difference between the rockers and lie.

I would also add that Warrior Kovalchuk has a very close resemblance to Bauer p92 curve. Agree?

This.

The Gionta opens way up on the toe just like the Ovi does, but the Kovalchuk is closed throughout.

The retail Gionta is closed throughout the whole curve. It might open up slightly at the toe, but nothing like the pro Ovi. I think you may be thinking of the Hossa pro curve.

The retail Gionta is closed throughout the whole curve. It might open up slightly at the toe, but nothing like the pro Ovi. I think you may be thinking of the Hossa pro curve.

The Gionta replacement blade I have is closed up until about the last quarter of the blade, where it opens up quite a bit. I may have worded it wrong by saying it opens up just like the Ovi does. However, I would definately say the retail Gionta isn't closed throughout the whole curve.

All the Giontas i have seen have been very closed throughout he whole blade. Maybe slightly open at the toe, but nothing like a p92 or anything of the sort.

The Kovy is a mid kink, as someone said earlier. The gionta is a sharp toe curve. Both are very different. The kovy is closest to a p88, though still rocker and shape is different. Its a unique curve. Whereas the Gionta has no really similar curve by bauer an easton. Very flat through the blade, then a sharp toe hook. Its not a kink though, its a smooth curve.

Is there more than one Gionta pattern? I don't think I'm going crazy lol but that very well might be the case if I'm the only one that thinks the Gionta is pretty open on the toe.

Is there more than one Gionta pattern? I don't think I'm going crazy lol but that very well might be the case if I'm the only one that thinks the Gionta is pretty open on the toe.

I just got a Gionta blade yesterday. I agree, it looks pretty open. Comparing to P92 or Ovi, I can't really say, since I've only seen those two in photos. From what I've seen there, I can see where you'd compare the retail Gionta to the Ovi. It looks like roughly the same openness from the top of the toe to the bottom. It looks as if one could morph the from-above profile of the Gionta into the Ovi by grabbing the curve-beginning point and sliding it, from the near the heel on the Ovi to just beyond the middle on the Gionta.

It depends on how you look at the blade. If you look at it down the shaft, it looks quite open, like most other curves. However, if you look at it directly over the top edge of the curve, you see that it's not very open. Just slightly at the toe. Like so:

Warrior-W10-Gionta-Blade-Pattern.jpg

I agree it looks like that in that photo/rendering. The one I have in front of me looks more open.

I have 3 Gionta Dolomites, 1 Gionta Tapered Dolomite blade, and 1 broken Gionta Diablo. I would consider it closed with a slight open at the toe where it curves (just like the picture above). All my Gionta blades/sticks have been the exact same curve. I consider the Gionta less "open" then the P92 and more open then the Kovalchuck retail.

I look at it from right on top of the blade so you can not see any face or backside face at the heel area (like the pic above). If you see face or backside face at the heel area you are looking at it at an angle and will throw off how "open" it looks.

I also had a Kremlin (ovi clone) and while comparing it to a Gionta curve, it is considerably deeper and more open at the toe. It's a huge twist and bend at the toe.

The retail Kovalchuck from Warrior is a big mid curve completely closed all the way. More curve then the Gionta but in the mid and closed face.

Alright well I was going to get a a 2 piece setup to back up my current ak27/total one setup but for the price of a new ak27 shaft, I can just get a dolo ops for $10 more in a Gionta curve. Figure I get that and a CCM U+ blade in the crazy ovie. Get to test them both out. Im interested to see if the Crazy Ovie is gonna be way to much since I play roller. I've seen one person use it and while they went high a good amount of time, man did they fly.