Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Cheese

What is the biggest retail Toe curve?

I was just wondering what the biggest "retail" toe curves that are out on the market. Besides pro stocks, I've had no luck finding any more and I can't seem to get my hands on something like a Zherdev hook.

Here's Zherdev's

15d0394.jpg

ves5x.jpg

mhziif.jpg

sfugzo.jpg

If anyone could point me in the right direction towards a similar retail curve that'd be great. If you find one of his pro stocks for me . . . :biggrin:

I was just wondering what the biggest "retail" toe curves that are out on the market. Besides pro stocks, I've had no luck finding any more and I can't seem to get my hands on something like a Zherdev hook.

If anyone could point me in the right direction towards a similar retail curve that'd be great. If you find one of his pro stocks for me . . . :biggrin:

Either Warrior Gionta or a Base BC01(HOSSA). Although the base is retail it does have to be ordered.

Either Warrior Gionta or a Base BC01(HOSSA). Although the base is retail it does have to be ordered.

Agree with the new Warrior Gionta, but from what I've seen of the BC01 (Hossa) it's more open at the toe. I haven't used a BC01 or seen one in person though- that's just based on the pictures I've seen here.

The other retail curve that's somewhat close to the Zherdev pro would be the Warrior Smyth, but that's discontinued. The Gionta is probably the closest readily available option right now.

I believe Kynetyk offered a Zherdev pro pattern on special order.

EDIT: It's technically a "Kovy", available on presale... to be shipped in January. Might still fit your needs.

http://khockey.com/equipment/sticks/kovy-curve

I've had one or two of his prostock 10.0's and they where dead on with the ovie prostock pattern... These where sticks from his days with the rangers.

The intraweb filter at work isn't letting me view the picture right now, but wouldn't Warrior's Kremlin fall into this category? I realize it's only available on the KGB stick, but still not a special order, and from what I recall it's a pretty good size toe curve, though i haven't checked out the gionta curve to compare.

I've had one or two of his prostock 10.0's and they where dead on with the ovie prostock pattern... These where sticks from his days with the rangers.

I haven't had a Zherdev pro, but the pictures at the top of the thread don't look a lot live the Ovechkin pro. The Ovechkin pro is way more open at the toe and the Zherdev in the picture doesn't look open.

Don't you sort of long for the day when blades were wood. With a torch and a doorway you could have exactly what you wanted. Now days we are pawns in the hockey equipment company's hands. I still have a handful of Montreal wood blades for a two piece set up. I get any curve I want with a little heat. :cool:

I haven't had a Zherdev pro, but the pictures at the top of the thread don't look a lot live the Ovechkin pro. The Ovechkin pro is way more open at the toe and the Zherdev in the picture doesn't look open.

The above picture is also of a warrior stick... My observation is based off what I've purchased while he was with the rangers 2 years ago. His total ones he's using look to be about the same as well. But your right that warrior looks nothing like the ovie. Just one picture, could of just been trying something different.

In the 2011 Warrior stock lineup they have a toe curve coming out in the Spring. Not as big as the one in your pic, but it may work for you.

It is EXACTLY the same as the Kovalchuk pro. It's not even close to the Ovechkin.

Was just about to post this exact thing. I was at a Flyers game last weekend and had one of Z's Bauer sticks in my hands. His curve is nothing like Ovie's curve. As mentioned, it's similar to Kovalchuk's, but what he's using this year seems a little more 'loping' of a curve than in years past. Perhaps not as drastic of a curve at the toe if that makes any sense. Maybe a touch more spread out.

I've contacted Khockey about their "Kovy" curve. It's exactly what I need.

Was just about to post this exact thing. I was at a Flyers game last weekend and had one of Z's Bauer sticks in my hands. His curve is nothing like Ovie's curve. As mentioned, it's similar to Kovalchuk's, but what he's using this year seems a little more 'loping' of a curve than in years past. Perhaps not as drastic of a curve at the toe if that makes any sense. Maybe a touch more spread out.

I know what you mean. His latest curve is more kinked in the toe if that's the right word.

If the curve your looking for is closed, check out the warrior gionta. Might be alittle more mild than that zherdev, but its a decent hook. The kremlin on warrior kgbs and new crazy ovi offered on the new ccm line is a big toe curve, although it is very open. If you dont mind the open curve you may want to look into those.

Ok, if kynetic hockey doesn't work out then you should check out the gionta on the warrior dolomite DD. Many people on here love its feel and performance, and there's even been a ltr on it.

What's the flex like on Zherdev's sticks? I was wondering that myself.

What's the flex like on Zherdev's sticks? I was wondering that myself.

EB - The one I had in my hands was 95 flex (IIRC), but from what I understand he's all over the map with his flexes.

Yeah, I've heard some bad things about their customer service... base hockey carries a hossa pro curve and is supposed to have great customer service. You may wanna shoot them an email too.

EB - The one I had in my hands was 95 flex (IIRC), but from what I understand he's all over the map with his flexes.

Thanks.

Top Cheese - I second the BASE suggestion. You might not hear back from either until Monday though I was very impressed with the service from BASE.