Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Eagle Catalogue

Questions about the length of the Talon gloves:

Judging from the following pic : http://demonxtreme.com/product.php?xProd=6792

It seems like the Talon is a very lengthy glove, especially at the cuffs. Can anyone who has (if anyone has) tried the glove on confirm this?

The catalog mentions a 'Molded integrated cuff roll'...does that mean that you can't adjust it?

Piggybacking onto Parasite's Q - If I recall correctly, someone quite knowledgeable mentioned that the Eagle pants are very similar (if not identical) to Tackla. Does anyone know what models the PPF/x95 correspond to in the Tackla line, if this is correct? For example, is the PPF the 9000, 5000, or something else? I'm a Tackla guy, but am having difficulty finding a Canadian-made replacement for my ancient 9000s. Thanks in advance for assistance with the silly Q.

We have them here at Hockey Experts Dixie...I admit, I'm not in love, but I'm quite impressed :)

Impressions? What's it fit like? (X60? Franchise Narrow?)

Impressions? What's it fit like? (X60? Franchise Narrow?)

It's a snug fit, fingers generally a bit longer than your Bauer T1s, longer fit as I mentioned but the sizing should remain consistent (ie if you like 13", you'll fit in 13" here as well)

Anatomical fit (snugger than Vapors, much more form fitting than Franchises/4Rolls, think One95s or T1s, Projekts etc.)

Plastic insert on top of the foams (ie not sandwiched between)

Mobility was decent, nothing extraordinary

Biggest concern is the MSH2 palms and gussets. No ventilation, possible heat/moisture build-up in the gloves, might get hot and uncomfortable after awhile, wish they included mesh gussets.

It's a snug fit, fingers generally a bit longer than your Bauer T1s, longer fit as I mentioned but the sizing should remain consistent (ie if you like 13", you'll fit in 13" here as well)

Anatomical fit (snugger than Vapors, much more form fitting than Franchises/4Rolls, think One95s or T1s, Projekts etc.)

Plastic insert on top of the foams (ie not sandwiched between)

Mobility was decent, nothing extraordinary

Biggest concern is the MSH2 palms and gussets. No ventilation, possible heat/moisture build-up in the gloves, might get hot and uncomfortable after awhile, wish they included mesh gussets.

Tried em on at my LHS (Cyclone Taylor's), and I basically agree with all of this. Fingers were a touch on the long side, very tight fit (compared to Bauer gloves, as you said they're definitely a similar fit to totalones, which I find a bit restrictive, I was hoping for more of a Vapour X60 fit), and overall they had a slightly cheap feel compared to, say PPFs. Which I guess makes sense, since they're a less expensive glove :) Still seem like a fairly nice glove at a decent price, but like you I wasn't blown away.

Bought them a few weeks ago and it's a pretty good glove for the price. A few things of note:

-MY PPFs were comfortable from the get go. These are also comfortable but there was a bit of break in time.

-The fit reminds me of the old one90 gloves. It's very tight and the cuff isn't as open compared to the rest of eagles' line.

-I don't believe the outer part is tufftek, it's some sort of nylon so time will tell how these will hold up.

-The graphics are a not stitched, it's plastic or something that's on the glove. Again time will tell how they hold up.

-The foams and plastic inserts are less dense compared to PPFs.

-The same Eagle comfort.

Again it's a pretty good glove for the price. In the future I'd like to see eagle come up with a higher end model that has a similar fit to the Talons.

I think the Talon is a beautiful glove. I am hoping one of the LHS here carries them so I can try them on.

Thanks guys for the reviews above on your experiences with them. I've never worn any of the Bauer gloves mentioned, but have worn the Mission Fuel 130. I'm wondering if that glove would be in the same vein as the Talon.

A question on the sticks...I have one that I bought off an MSH member a couple of years ago. I really like it (I still have it as a backup) so I was just wondering if you can tell us whether the new sticks are made similar to the ones you had a couple years ago? The only place I can find them online is hockeymonkey, but the price is pretty attractive especially if the stick is as good as the old one.

A question on the sticks...I have one that I bought off an MSH member a couple of years ago. I really like it (I still have it as a backup) so I was just wondering if you can tell us whether the new sticks are made similar to the ones you had a couple years ago? The only place I can find them online is hockeymonkey, but the price is pretty attractive especially if the stick is as good as the old one.

Still no one has tried to the sticks? $90 for a lightish stick from a well known company, you would think somebody here would take the gamble?