Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agent1.8

Celebrities/Athletes That Play Hockey

Dierks Bentley plays. He did a celebrity hockey thing here in MN a couple of years back and some of my friends got to skate with him.

I played a mid-day drop-in session at the local rink where the USHL team also plays. Got there and wondered why the lot was full of cars at 11am. Then went on in and figured it out... he had a concert in town that night and had made it a point to get over and skate with the team during their morning pre-game day skate. It was supposed to be kind of under wraps but I think the word got out, lol.

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2829

Adam Sandler, how did this go 4 pages without him???

Dierks Bentley was mentioned earlier, always interesting to find a country boy into hockey.

Congressman Anthony Weiner (D) New York. Supposed to be a wicked goalie

Matisyahu, Jewish reggae singer

One of the Defensive Lineman from the NY Giants lived in my town back in the late 80's. He played on the '86 Superbowl team. He would sometimes bring is young son (back then) out to the pond to play pond hockey with local kids. He grew up Minnesota playing Ice Hockey and Football. For an NFL Lineman, he could skate like the wind and stick handle pretty damn well also. Rumor/Lore had it that he went to a NJ Devils tryout and laid someone out sending him to the hospital. It's scary to imagine someone built like that comin after you on the ice.

One of the Defensive Lineman from the NY Giants lived in my town back in the late 80's. He played on the '86 Superbowl team. He would sometimes bring is young son (back then) out to the pond to play pond hockey with local kids. He grew up Minnesota playing Ice Hockey and Football. For an NFL Lineman, he could skate like the wind and stick handle pretty damn well also. Rumor/Lore had it that he went to a NJ Devils tryout and laid someone out sending him to the hospital. It's scary to imagine someone built like that comin after you on the ice.

He'd be murder in the corners.

Jim Burt, he grew up in Orchard Park, NY.

Alan Thicke

Barenaked Ladies (band + crew)

Nickelback (band + crew)

Cameron Bancroft - General Hospital/Smallville

Non-Canadian

Robbie Merrill - Godsmack

D.B. Sweeney

Jeff Conaway - Grease, Taxi

Jason Thompson - General Hospital

Dan Moriarty - NHL Cool Shots

Chris Jericho

Last time I saw Jeff Conaway he was on Celbrity Rehab...he could barely walk...let alone skate.

Jim Burt, he grew up in Orchard Park, NY.

Haha. I always thought he grew up in Minnesota for some reason. Either way it was still in Hockey country. He used to wear old school CCM Ultra Tacks with titanium blades. I don't know why I remember that though!

Jim Carey and Steve Carrell were both goalies.

hmm i dont think the celebrity jim carrey played hockey as a goalie, your probly refering to a NHL goalie named as well jim carrey who played for the washington capitals

if you even read the rest of the article, you'd know that he doesn't like to fight at Ducks games...he was defending his daughter. Good for him, shame on the other guy; I would've done the same

He got into a fight with some asshole over one of those cheap giveaway sticks. It was intended for his daughter, but he knows the ducks and could surely have asked them for real replacement. Niedermayer saw it and was commenting on it in the post game interview. Worth it? I doubt it.

It wasn't so much about the stick as much as it was the pure selfishness of it and indignity to his daughter. Granted, if he started throwing punches in public in front of his daughter, then that's definitely not worth it, but if he just gave a shove or some words, then that's all it takes for people to blow it up into a 'fight'

It wasn't so much about the stick as much as it was the pure selfishness of it and indignity to his daughter. Granted, if he started throwing punches in public in front of his daughter, then that's definitely not worth it, but if he just gave a shove or some words, then that's all it takes for people to blow it up into a 'fight'

Mike V has a short fuse that's soaked in gasoline. You can look him up online for details, but during his early skateboarding years he was notorius for getting into fights with cops, security gaurds, event promoters, basically anybody that was willing to cross him. Most of the time it was to right some kind of wrong or stand up for others but he has been in his fair share of rumbles.

Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo was already mentioned, but, each year at the Juno Awards (the Canadian Music Awards for our American friends) they have a charity game called the Juno Cup.

It's musicians that have been nominated versus an NHL old-timers group.

For those who are interested the game is on Friday night at the Ricoh.

Here is the link:

Juno Cup

THE ROCKERS

Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo), Andrew Scott (Sloan), Barney Bentall, Brad Keller (Creaking Tree String Quartet), Brian Kobayakawa (Creaking Tree String Quartet), Bryan Crouch (Hail the Villain), Chris Murphy (Sloan), Classified, DJ Mike Boyd (Classified), Dustin Bentall, George Canyon, Greg Millson (Great Lake Swimmers), Jay Bodner (Eagle & Hawk), Jon Gallant (Billy Talent), Johnny Max (Johnny Max Band), Kathleen Edwards, Kevin Parent, Menno Versteeg (Hollerado), Michael Hollett (NOW Magazine), Mike Belitsky (The Sadies), Paul Aucoin (The Hylozoists), Peter Kesper (NQ Arbuckle), Rob Higgins (Dearly Beloved), Ron MacLean (Hockey Night In Canada), Sean Dean (The Sadies), Sarah Harmer, Tyler Armes (Down With Webster), Vince Fontaine (Eagle & Hawk)

THE NHL GREATS

Mark Napier, Brad Dalgarno, Curtis Joseph, Derek King, Gary Leeman, Gary Roberts, Mike Pelyk, Paul Coffey, Russ Courtnall, Troy Crowder, Valeri Bure

That reminds me of the Exclaim Hockey tournament in the spring. http://www.exclaimhockey.ca/index.cfm

It's a bunch of musicians and their (beer league?) teams who do a tournament and concert(s). Andrew Scott and Chris Murphy from Sloan play, Grant Lawrence (CBC Radio3, Smugglers) and a bunch of other musicians or artitists are invloved as well.