Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agent1.8

Celebrities/Athletes That Play Hockey

Mike Milburrry was asked who he thought the best celebrity player was , and he said " mike fox and dennis leary ".

John Buccigross said he went to Learys house and skated on his (extravagant) backyard rink and said Leary was really impressive, speed wise. Whenever they play on Rescue Me he looks pretty bad though, but I would assume they don't put too much effort into making it look as good as Miracle or anything.

Not sure if he's been mentioned yet but, Michael Buble (sp?). He had a concert here about 5 yrs ago and rented out ice, unfortunately for whatever reason he ended up not showing up.

Not sure if he's been mentioned yet but, Michael Buble (sp?). He had a concert here about 5 yrs ago and rented out ice, unfortunately for whatever reason he ended up not showing up.

Took my ex to a Buble concert years ago. Near the end of the night, he came out with a hockey stick and shot signed tennis balls into the crowd *L* Seemed weird for a guy in a suit signing Jazz/Classics all night...but kinda cool too.

Took my ex to a Buble concert years ago. Near the end of the night, he came out with a hockey stick and shot signed tennis balls into the crowd *L* Seemed weird for a guy in a suit signing Jazz/Classics all night...but kinda cool too.

'Boobs'

Haha, love how he just wears the shoulders and elbows, but nothing else. They DO need to see his face though, so no helmet I guess :laugh:

Apparently a good chunk of Hollywood plays. If anyone has seen the Hockey Across America piece on VS the first segment is about Jerry Bruckheimer's private pick up game.

Mike V has a short fuse that's soaked in gasoline. You can look him up online for details, but during his early skateboarding years he was notorius for getting into fights with cops, security gaurds, event promoters, basically anybody that was willing to cross him. Most of the time it was to right some kind of wrong or stand up for others but he has been in his fair share of rumbles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mq-HCdDcqk (NSFW audio)

Apparently a good chunk of Hollywood plays. If anyone has seen the Hockey Across America piece on VS the first segment is about Jerry Bruckheimer's private pick up game.

Hopefully this makes it way online.

I skated with Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken from Slap Shot at a Bauer Product Demo Test event yesterday. He was an awesome guy with great stories.

th_050411018.jpg

There is a pro skateboarder named Mike Vallely. He played one game with the Danbury Whalers.

Broke his arm in a fight on his first shift.

hockey2.jpg

Also, the guy in the next stall is 5'5" wearing Bauer 400 shoulder pads. Gotta love it.

Congressman Anthony Weiner (D) New York. Supposed to be a wicked goalie

Not sure about wicked, but he's a good mid-level beer league goalie. Really nice guy too. Matisyahu isn't bad either.

Some good guys I've played with are

Pete Francis from Dispatch

Artist William Wegman

Tim Robbins

Randomly, the guy who wrote Subway's "Five Dollar Footlong" song is a pretty damn good hockey player.

Sammy B did ? Nice , I did not know that.. Apparently Mike Mcewen , resident Jerk young guys coach and ex NHL player , said Sam could have made the NHL.

Here is an article ,

http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/article/2009-03/hockey-and-heisman-sam-bradford .

As an ex-team member of Sam's, he made the right choice with football and not hockey lol. Just sayin..