Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Winter Coat

My old jacket got stolen while I was at a bar this past weekend, so I'm in the market for a new winter jacket. Being a college student, I'm not looking to spend a whole lot, looking to stay under $150 for sure. Any suggestions?

My old jacket got stolen while I was at a bar this past weekend, so I'm in the market for a new winter jacket. Being a college student, I'm not looking to spend a whole lot, looking to stay under $150 for sure. Any suggestions?

North Face has a lot of good jackets (and I believe they all have lifetime warranties).

Get yourself a peacoat or a barn coat from beans... classic look and reasonably priced

Check Bean's and Land's End, they've got good stuff, often on sale or clearance.

If you can to spend a little more for something that will last for years. I have a Schott pea coat and it is excellent. Very warm, heavier wool that keeps you dry in wet snow. I got it at an Army Navy store a few years back for $30 less than what it goes for now.

Then get a cheap old navy coat to take to the bar!

Lands End has some really nice coats in their, "Canvas" line. Ive got one and its awesome. I used to have a Columbia coat and the LE coat is much wamer and more comfortable.

altrec.com is running a sale on a bunch of winter stuff. It looks like up to 70% on some items. I got a $280 down marmot coat off the website for $80 earlier this winter.

I just got a Carhartt Sandstone Sierra jacket for Christmas, about $100. Really warm and durable as hell. Family uses them up at our farm doing winter chores, no complaints. Pretty sharp too IMO. Runs small.

41aGEwNFxeL._SL500_.jpg