Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wildcat85

Pro Stock Kovalchuk stick?

I'm thinking of buying a couple pro stock kovalchuk Warrior Dolomite DD sticks from tsr. Has anybody gotten them before and what do you think of them?

There is nothing to compare it to. More boxy than aluminums

think easton ST 09 with sharper corners, i think his sticks are 95 flex now when they used to be 85ish. Love the shaved heel of the blade. Wish my kovy tapered blades were like that.

i find the retail gionta might be a better curve if it had just slightly more toe.

think easton ST 09 with sharper corners, i think his sticks are 95 flex now when they used to be 85ish. Love the shaved heel of the blade. Wish my kovy tapered blades were like that.

i find the retail gionta might be a better curve if it had just slightly more toe.

they're marked 100 I think, but feel stiffer IMO.

i have seen a lot of variations in his curve but what is on these ones? anybody got a pic?

Why don't you ask TSR to send you a picture of the curve? Surely, if you're buying 'several', they should have no problem sending you a picture.

EDIT: Wait, you're thinking of buying a few of these sticks, but don't know what the curve looks like? Or the shape and feel of the shaft? Interesting.

Seems like most of his sticks are boxy shape now, all but one of mine are round but they are from more of the thrashers days.

Mine are all stamped 250-265 flex, i use the same height as Kovalchuk so they all feel like 100-105 flex where they were about 90-95 to start? If i understand Warriors flex chart.

I have a DD that I removed the blade from so I could use it the correct way, Lefty. It is stamped 245 and is very square/box shaped but doesn't feel thick.

TSR is a hockey store that usually carries pro stock sticks I believe it's in Connecticut

I wish it was in CT, then it would be less than an hour drive. :) TSR is actually in New Hampshire

I have bought a few Kovy-clones from PSHG in stiffer flexes. 95 is too whippy for me and I prefer a more traditional shaft shape, so I don't go for the Kovalchuck pro stocks.

I really like the pattern. Transitioned from a retail Gionta and although they play similar, I much prefer the Kovalchuk Pro. I am on PSHG every day looking for stiff versions in the pattern!

I love my Ovechkin one95 the flex and curve are amazing. I'm angry that more players can't be wimps like Ovie and use 77 flex and the KGB doesn't come in 77. Being 14 its hard to shoot with a 100 flex stick. I can't wait for it to come at $130 shipped its a steal!!!

If you use a 77flex with the one95 Ovi, why did you buy the kovy? Its way more stiff than that.

Yeah, I agree with $m0k3. You mentioned that you have trouble shooting with a 100 flex, but that's what you just ordered with a much different style of toe curve.