Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Vapor X7.0 LE images pulled

These images were leaked without consent; and to protect our relationship with Bauer we will not be linking to any of those images.

If you post those images on MSH we will discipline your account.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

no one seemed to be too upset when the one100LE pics were leaked when the new supreme line had just hit the market.. isnt the whole purpose of forums like these to share information and insight for its users?

Yeah, I was suprised to see a photo online of the skate right after the rep showed them to us.

That's about the time you should expect to see the pics. It happens every year.

no one seemed to be too upset when the one100LE pics were leaked when the new supreme line had just hit the market.. isnt the whole purpose of forums like these to share information and insight for its users?

Yes, forums like MSH provide info and insights on upcoming products but pictures are another thing all together. With permission of the manufacturer, MSH owners will allow new product pics to be posted. Without permission (and more times than not, posted by members), the pictures are removed. Why would MSH screw up a good working relationship with a manufacturer over a leaked photo? Without the relationships MSH has with manufacturers, there would be no insights and product testing at the MSH skates.

Mike

no one seemed to be too upset when the one100LE pics were leaked when the new supreme line had just hit the market..

No, they weren't. The LE pics were official Bauer pics that were on dealers' websites when it showed up here.

It is a professional courtesy for us to remove leaked images. We are privy to a ton of information due to those relationships, and we report it clearly and concisely when the time is indeed time to. We aren't anonymous - every one of those manufacturers can reach me on the phone at any time.

It's their fault their was a leak. And, uhm, who cares if its shown? It'll just generate more interest in it anyways. Manufactures who care about leaked stuff always bug me.

It's their fault their was a leak. And, uhm, who cares if its shown? It'll just generate more interest in it anyways. Manufactures who care about leaked stuff always bug me.

How do you know it was Bauer's fault? Things like this could be from an absent minded employee (like what happened with iPhone4), a disgruntled employee, LHS employee, etc. etc. Even if it generates interest in it now many LHS don't want customers postponing skate purchases for 4-6 months as ragan stated. Also how would you feel if you had a fantastic idea or product but weren't ready for market for 6-8 months and someone leaked it early? Could that cost you money? I'd bank on it. Someone with greater resources might even copy it and beat you to the punch. Where has the integrity and ethics gone?!

And, uhm, who cares if its shown?

JR/the mods care about protecting the relationships they have with the manufacturers... the relationships that allow them special access to the products... that they in turn share with us... for free. That's all that matters.

How do you know it was Bauer's fault? Things like this could be from an absent minded employee (like what happened with iPhone4), a disgruntled employee, LHS employee, etc. etc. Even if it generates interest in it now many LHS don't want customers postponing skate purchases for 4-6 months as ragan stated. Also how would you feel if you had a fantastic idea or product but weren't ready for market for 6-8 months and someone leaked it early? Could that cost you money? I'd bank on it. Someone with greater resources might even copy it and beat you to the punch. Where has the integrity and ethics gone?!

lol. There is no such thing as 'ethics and integrity' in business.

Actually, there is. And it's those so-called 'ethics and integrity' that allow JR and the other mods to maintain their professional relationships with the manufacturers that show up to the MSH skates with product in hand. Heck, most of them even have accounts here.

Actually, there is. And it's those so-called 'ethics and integrity' that allow JR and the other mods to maintain their professional relationships with the manufacturers that show up to the MSH skates with product in hand. Heck, most of them even have accounts here.

That has nothing to do with 'ethics.' That's being business savvy and making sure your 'resources' are happy.

Far too often, you're right. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, it's just who we are.

Far too often, you're right. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, it's just who we are.

I know. I totally respect your guys decision to do so, I just think it's funny that they're trying to keep as tight as possible.

I don't know what you are talking about; the locker room picture, the car picture and eBay listing were all pulled when they were posted.

Let's get this straight - if there is a professional wearing the product and there's a pic, then we aren't going to pull it down; at that point, it is implied that it can be seen.

If someone takes a picture in a shop, or a testing session, or whatever is not deemed official, it's getting pulled.

No, they weren't. The LE pics were official Bauer pics that were on dealers' websites when it showed up here.

It is a professional courtesy for us to remove leaked images. We are privy to a ton of information due to those relationships, and we report it clearly and concisely when the time is indeed time to. We aren't anonymous - every one of those manufacturers can reach me on the phone at any time.

youre telling me that foggy cell phone pic of the photographer holding the skate out with his own hand was an official bauer promo photo?! give me a break, everyone and their mother saw that pic long before bauer even announced an LE version

and if this forum is in-cahoots with all the manufactures whats the point of forums like this if we can just use google or the manufactures sites themselves. apparently its mainly used to argue about petty shit and to tell everyone on here how wrong they are on every post they make.

We deleted that one. What I meant by my post was that we left up was official; the shot someone took with their cellphone we deleted.

If you don't like it, then leave. It's that simple. We were here before you came along and we'll be here after you leave.

But there's a reason why you come here, let alone "grace" us with your presence by actually posting.