Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

"Grippy" Palms

I don't know if you could find a pair but as I recall the Salmang (sp) gloves that were going around a few years ago had a bit of a rubberized palm of some sort that was quite grippy but trying to find a pair of five year old off brand gloves may be like searching for a needle in a coal mine.

eq50 aswell? alright its on the lis! thanks.

where you get teh can of that? looks promising lol. People think im crazy but i do like alot of grip.

where you get teh can of that? looks promising lol. People think im crazy but i do like alot of grip.

I bought it at a local ace hardware store.Ace Hardware

They can order it for you or you can buy it & have it ship to a local store for free.

to each his own ;)

I put wax on my sticks anyway so why not lol. everyone thinks im nuts how much grip i like but I like big slappers and one timers and find a slippery stick is brutal for that

Get a Reebok 8k shaft. The griptonite coating on that is very grippy. Haha

You could tape down the shaft with different tapes. I personally like gauze tape for my grips on my stick because I feel it's grippier than cloth tape, and it doesn't wear down the palms. You could go down as far as you like on the shaft with that or put two areas of it for both hands. Looks shouldn't matter if you get the grip you want.

With the gloves: if you want to use the gloves you have now instead of buying some of the ones listed, I think Junkyard's method would be the best. You said you like your palms to be soft, and I'm not 100% certain, but I think spraying the super grip from the can on it would harden the palms. Sewing an outer layer on would still keep the soft palms, you just have to watch out for where/how you sew it to avoid bunching of the material.

I actually did feel a reebok stick the other day and thought it was very grippy i couldnt beleive it as I use easton and bauer and they are barely grippy in comparisn. I was thinking about it, but not sure how the rbk sticks are for performance. I love my total one. bauer needs to steal rbks grip haha.

I have done some tape jobs aswell, i use to make a grip with rope down the middle of the shaft but it made my stick pretty heavy so I gave that up too.

I havent tried the gauze though I will on an old stick and see how i like it thanks. I do want to try this sew on method when i have a chance especially before buying 150$ gloves. The bauer felt pretty good, but they sometimes do in stores and then once your on the ice its just not the same. usually moisture starts to ruin the grip and it gets slippery.

I will give it a try!

Instead of spraying stuff on your palms, why not get some of the aerosol stuff made for baseball bats that adds grip? I've seen it at Big 5 before. If I remember right, it goes on clear but its tacky. Just load it up on your stick until you get the amount of grip you want.

i checked out a couple stores on on the weekend but no high end gloves like the x60 and eq 50. I have to go check out a hockey store this weekend instead. both these sound promising, and even if not quite enough grip i can still use wax, or the baseball grip stuff aswell. I just hate how slippery the cloth palm is on my s19s

I like a ton of grip on my sticks. I was using a CCM U+ grip with my TPS R8 (digi overlay) and was very happy with it. Unfortunately, my Combat 52cal and Ballistik 52cal shafts are all non-grip. Rather than order new sticks, I set out to make my glove grippier. After a quick trip to the Walmart (yeah, that was me with the cut off overalls, no shirt and a mullet), I had all the tools and materials I needed.

I picked up a pair of basic knitted work gloves, with a textured rubber coating (LINK).

Next, I got a small gauge curved needle (I have one somewhere, but I can't find it), and some "heavy duty outdoor" poly thread.

The last item I used was a sewing awl, which I already had.

I then cut the shit out of the work gloves, and used trial and error to find the correct shape. Remember, always cut less than you think you need, cause once it's cut, you can't go back. Once I had the shape(s) I needed, I just used a combination of the curved needle (in the palm) and the sewing awl (along the binding) to stitch that sumamabitch in!!

I must say, I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I've done things like this with my goal gear, so your aesthetic outcome may very. The textured rubber coating provides and amazing amount of grip. I'll post a followup with my findings after a few ice times (next game is Saturday).

And now, the moment you have all skipped what I wrote to see . . . the pictures:

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

are the bauer one 95 gloves grippy too? anyone know? they are onsale today at hockey giant for only 89 bucks. like 100$ cheaper then x 60 pros. I dont wanna skimp out but if i can get the same idea cheaper im down.

There were some salming PG1s on ebay the other day and those have a grip print on the palm that works very well.

so i ended up buying some eq50s. they just what i wanted. along with the grip stick finally have enough grip. there a nice glove aswell and pretty soft. not quite as nice of feel as the s19 glove but it has the grip. thanks for the ideas.

Quick update:

The palms worked great . . . sort of. They were very grippy throughout the entire game, until I dropped my stick and it got wet, and I got some ice in my palm. Once that happened, you'd think I had grease on my stick. I would compare it to hitting a wet spot on sport court with roller wheels. Once I dried off my stick, and the palm, everything went back to normal. The palms being rubber, I didn't notice any issues with water penetrating the palm, which would have made it slick the whole time.