Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

APX vs. X60

Posing this question to those who seem to feel that they APX's fit bigger than X60's and need to go down in size. Are you guys basing this purely on width and depth at toe box or is the skate actually longer in length as well?

Slight variation for comparison sake...I just picked up the APX in a 8. I also have One 100's in a size 8 1/2. Toe box is larger and heel lock is superior on the APX.

Slight variation for comparison sake...I just picked up the APX in a 8. I also have One 100's in a size 8 1/2. Toe box is larger and heel lock is superior on the APX.

Just curious, how would you compare the volume of the APX as compared to the One100's? How would you compare the differences in fit between the two?

APX definitely lower volume. But no so much that my foot would not work in the boot. I have a high arch and very surprised how the lower volume did not put more tongue pressure than I thought. Prior to baking my toes were bumping into the end of the toe box. Once baked the heel set was perfect. I have not skated yet and will give you more feedback at that time.

Well keeping inline with the VAPOR line, I have owned every Vapor since the 8, dont have the APX ( anyone want to offer a deal on it) But the Vapors are more about weight, glove fit around the foot, so you can totally feel your edges, they seem to put edge feel above comfort which is why I buy them. So it stands to reason the Vapor APX would fit more glove like so you would maybe lose some of the bulk of other skates. With the Alive material and the newer X design there is less bulk and the same protection. They just dont need as much bulk to offer the same feel and protection balance.

Well keeping inline with the VAPOR line, I have owned every Vapor since the 8, dont have the APX ( anyone want to offer a deal on it) But the Vapors are more about weight, glove fit around the foot, so you can totally feel your edges, they seem to put edge feel above comfort which is why I buy them. So it stands to reason the Vapor APX would fit more glove like so you would maybe lose some of the bulk of other skates. With the Alive material and the newer X design there is less bulk and the same protection. They just dont need as much bulk to offer the same feel and protection balance.

Okay... Vapors are narrower than Supremes. I wouldn't necessarily call them a "glove" fit. If the Vapors are all about weight, can you explain why the APX is not lighter than the TO?

Okay... Vapors are narrower than Supremes. I wouldn't necessarily call them a "glove" fit. If the Vapors are all about weight, can you explain why the APX is not lighter than the TO?

Going too light isnt always the best.CCM tried that an look where it got them, their skates fall apart and their sticks lasted a shift. Vapors are about feeling your edges.

I know this thread is the APX fit vs the X60 but I just bought the APX coming from the XXXX and I took the same size. In the XXXX I would really feel the plastic with my toes and the while my toes are still right at the end of the toecap in the APX, the wings on the footbed are a lot more comfortable. The toebox does seem to be a little roomier overall but the skates have an almost identical fit I'd say. Can't wait to skate in these things tomorrow.

I know this thread is the APX fit vs the X60 but I just bought the APX coming from the XXXX and I took the same size. In the XXXX I would really feel the plastic with my toes and the while my toes are still right at the end of the toecap in the APX, the wings on the footbed are a lot more comfortable. The toebox does seem to be a little roomier overall but the skates have an almost identical fit I'd say. Can't wait to skate in these things tomorrow.

Just got home from the LHS with my APX. Also coming from XXXX. I did go down half a size. However that is because my 8D XXXX was a little big for me. A little gap between the end of my toes and the edge of the foot bed.

7.5D APX are perfect. The one thing that I've noticed and I believe was mentioned before was that there is no gap between the top 3 eyelets and the rest on the bottom. Same with everyone?

Just got home from the LHS with my APX. Also coming from XXXX. I did go down half a size. However that is because my 8D XXXX was a little big for me. A little gap between the end of my toes and the edge of the foot bed.

7.5D APX are perfect. The one thing that I've noticed and I believe was mentioned before was that there is no gap between the top 3 eyelets and the rest on the bottom. Same with everyone?

what is your shoe?

and the 7.5's are the best fit?

You had asked the question to sl888 who bought them in 7.5D but I was just giving my experience. The 8D is the best fit for me; sorry for the confusion.

I also wear size 9.5 or 10 shoes.

You know what I didn't get a chance to throw on 7D. The sales rep who sold me the skates said I should've. I usually start with the footbed. Feet should fill the whole footbed while legs are bent. Then the actually fit of the skate. 7.5D was it for me, well that's what I thought. He said 7D would've been better because when he did the footbed test his toes were over the edges!

I also wear size 9.5 or 10 shoes.

You know what I didn't get a chance to throw on 7D. The sales rep who sold me the skates said I should've. I usually start with the footbed. Feet should fill the whole footbed while legs are bent. Then the actually fit of the skate. 7.5D was it for me, well that's what I thought. He said 7D would've been better because when he did the footbed test his toes were over the edges!

Same footbed that can be used on 3 different skates...

Bad way to measure someone for skates.

That really sucks for me....

EDIT: Trying them on again. Just to note my 2nd toe is longer than my big toe. Standing my big toe is pushed against cap with 2nd toe jammed. Bending legs my 2nd toe brushes against cap.

So it should be that I have my big toe brushed against cap with bent legs?

Just got my apx last week after having the X60s and there sick way better fit. You should wear the same size. The ankle fits a little snugger but much due to the new better molding material. If you fit in the 60s you will more than likely fit into these.

Just got my apx last week after having the X60s and there sick way better fit. You should wear the same size. The ankle fits a little snugger but much due to the new better molding material. If you fit in the 60s you will more than likely fit into these.

Can anybody comment on the depth, and eyelet orientation. Is it the same as the X60 or the XXXX's? I want to buy these skates, but I'm scared because I was getting pain on the top of my feet from the tongue on the pair of APX's that I tried on. My XXXX's and X60's were both size 6.5D. That's what I tried on in APX. Will baking them a bit fix the problem, or are these skates too shallow for me?

I have skated in Vapor 8, XX, XXX, XXXX, and X60 before. My 8, XX, and XXX were size 7.0D, and my XXXX, and X60's were 6.5D. When Bauer went to the plastic/ergonomic toe cap, I was able to drop 1/2 a size. The only reason I sold my X60 was because the toe cap was really hurting the sides of my feet, and the forefoot was a little uncomfortable. The APX seems a wee bit wider in the forefoot and the toe box.

Tried them on yesterday. Eyelet orientation seemed the same. Had much more range in forward motion, still VERY stiff laterally. My x60's are too big, but I tried on the same size just for comparison, it felt the same fit-wise but much lighter and more comfortable. My best recommendation is to try them on in a few different sizes and see what works for you. Try your normal size, try down a half-size, regular (D) and wide (EE) and you'll get a decent idea of which size you'll be/need. As for heel lock, when I was in the right size (my x60's are too big), I had no heel lift at all. These are a nice step up from the x60's, IMO.

hi guys

so last year i skated with supreme one 75

completly burn them..so i tough it could be a good change for me to go in top of the line skate...

i tried de x60

8.5 d...too narrow

8.5 ee...still have pressur point on the forefoot...

so maybe im not a vapor fit guys..i dont know

until yesterday I went to my LHS and tried the APX

its completly different fit...their were comfy right away..

i bought a 8.5 D tonight its gonna be my first session on ice with them..I CANT WAIT!!