Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xrickyb86x

Has anyone ever built their own shoulder pads?

Cool thread. I am going to modify my old CCM 225's tonight, basically adding some lower-back protection.

I'll post pix later this evening.

I wish Down Low still made their pads. Will likely end up buying one of the mission shirts with the shoulder caps if/when my Down Low pads die.

I bought a pair of Tron 80/90 shouldies for a mere $20 brand new!!! The body part is reminiscent of the old Coopers (with slightly more modern materials), except with a sternum protector and some spine protection. If I weren't so satisfied with the bicep protection on the Winn Wells I am augmenting, these from the Tron would be a good fit. But the caps on the Tron are smaller and not nearly as bulky as the Winn Well caps. I may attach the sternum protection (as it is a nice, separate piece) to my Winn Well pads.

I am thinking of a different way of grafting the caps on. I will elaborate as soon as I get my Speedy Stitcher.

If you are interested in a nice, low profile shoulder pad cap, snap the Tron 80/90 up. Pix to come...

I can't wear traditional shoulder pads, I can only wear the padded shirt style unfortunately.

I just wish the green padding on the mission shirt was rigid instead of soft. I'd already have a pair of that were the case.

Michaels does carry the Speedy Stitcher; it's just not called Speedy Stitcher, but it is repackaged as their own "stitching awl". They are simple and easy to use, though as one has noted: "not very speedy".

Just finished my modded Winn Wells. BTW- their "clean hockey" fabric really, really works!!!!

Can anyone tell me how I would reinforce fabric on a padded hockey shirt for some ultra-low profile caps? I think I may make a super-padded shirt from an old sport motorcycle jacket. I know I will have to cover the caps with foam, but these are super low-profile.

I have to measure. I can pull my sweater over my pads so much easier than with the Winn Well caps. They don't seem to be all that much thinner, just a bit narrower and lower on the shoulder pad. Oddly enough, I don't think the Winn Well caps are that much more protective than the tron caps that replaced them.