Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeySavants

Any Toy Collectors?

So I've started to grow my business and so far it's been going very good, here's the latest inventory, I actually have spent about 2 months collecting 95% of this, most of it from lot sales and trades, and have been working as a "finder" for some people to locate rare items and get a good chunk of cash, but I primarily do it because I love it.

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

I don't collect toys, but I have a dream that one day sort of would.

My dream is to remodel our house by creating a second story for all the bedrooms, which in turn would open the basement to become split between a home theater room and a large game room. It's possible to get carpets with team logos on them, so the game room would have four areas of carpeting -- B's. C's, Sox and Pats -- separated by black borders. As for the "toys," I'm not sure whether I'd have a recessed shelf built on top of the walls, or a series of display areas built into the wall (like recessed boxes), but then I'd have resin figurines of DC and Marvel superheroes.

That dream's been there for years. I still think it could happen, but I really want it to happen before the ladies are out of the house and off to college.

Almost like an ep of Pawn Stars, haha.

Looks mostly like action figures and the such... any original Erector Sets tucked around there?

i never had the chance to play with them as a kid, although I hear they are cool

i never had the chance to play with them as a kid, although I hear they are cool

Definitely highly collectable too, original boxes and instructions and the such.

Highly collectable as in highly sellable. Looks like a cool inventory.

I'm pretty sure 40-year-old virgin is a preview of my life in 12 years hahaha. Last pickup was the limited edition Dethklok figures from SDCC a few years ago. Yes, I have figures on display in the box in my bedroom.

I collect a little bit. I'm kind of picky as I don't really like the ones where there are obvious joints/articulation points (I prefer plenty of articulation, just not blaringly obvious design where you can see it all). I have a small but choice collection of DC Direct and Play Arts action figures, mostly from the Batman universe, with some Green Lantern and some video game related figures as well.

I have a massive reservoir of toys from my childhood in the basement, but that's more like, a few crates of figures than a collection.

I have a hot wheels collection, and a few other things (miniature nfl helmets). But a new gem just arrived yesterday. A mint condition die cast metal Batmobile still in package from the original 1989 Batman movie. Apparently my grandfather bought it then and stored it, and my grandmother just now found it. :wub: