Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roadrunner

Blade buying Dilema

Hey guys a few weeks ago I bought 4 Hespeler F4 blades. Weight pattern. I really like these blades and there on sale for 29.99Cad down from 79.99Cad. I have an urge to buy the remaining 4 blades they have. Do you guys think it's a smart move or does it sound crazy. I just don't want to be caught going to the LHS in 2 years time and having to buy a 79.00 blade when I could get 3 of them for that price if I stock up now. Thank for your input.

I think, if you can find a blade that you like AND you can get a good deal on them, it's always a good idea to stock up. Keep in mind Hespeler is out of business, so if you wait too long, they'll be gone forever...

Hespeler is gone for good so if you like their blade and pattern, go for it!

That poses another problem cause what if I get used to them and then when they're done I'm screwed.

Find a cheap wooden stick with the weight pattern, and hack off the shaft. If you ever want to get custom blades made and they don't have a Hespeller weight pattern on hand to copy you can send yours in and they will copy it.

I just picked up 4 drury si core grips. Call me crazy, but when you find something perfect, and theres a risk that it will be discontinued, the feeling of regret after not picking them up when you had the chance is gut-wrentching.

That poses another problem cause what if I get used to them and then when they're done I'm screwed.

That's going to be an issue whenever you change patterns - be it after these four blades go west or if it's after another ten do the same. By not stocking up you're not getting rid of the problem, just getting to it sooner.

Hey guys thanks again, so I ended up buying 3 more bringing my total to 7. They cost me $240.00CAD, which is $40.00 less than what 3 Z-carbs cost me a year ago.

I think I found a flaw though when I inserted a blade into my Nike Ignite 4(Pond hockey stick): On some of the hossels there is access material right up the centre, It looks as if they were made one half at a time and then put together(which is most likely the method) leaving a lining. When I put it in my shaft...crack, the shaft split a bit. So I guess that's why they're on sale. I'm going to sand them down, but for the average hockey guy that has never purchased a comp blade and is this time due to the low cost, they'll be in for a great surprise when their shafts crack. Also I wanted to say that one of the 7 blades is different from the rest. The blade has a clear coat like easton blades but the hossel is polarfibre, never seen this before. And for original price of 79.00CAD why is there no glue included on the hossel? Do Inno blades come without glue. I'm hoping Chadd or PMurphy17 cand answer why such inconsistency for such a good blade, since you two know alot about Hespeler. Thanks

Thejackal, how do you like these F4 blades, I found mine to be a bit blade heavy. But I think the plug contributed to a heavier stick. I think I'll pull out the plug and play with a shorter stick.

i pick up a F4(thanks to jackal;)) i never used inno product that why i'm asking....do the f4 is like innovative blade(in term of performance and FEEL) i really like the way the f4 is....it like a tapered blade for standard shaft

by the way, i had NO problem at all fitting it in my shaft...it feel really solid..only little problem is the curve(gretky) it not my favorite(i use it at second back up stick anywayz)

i just whanted to try this product since jackal told me about them and for 30CND it not really expensive!

I picked up a Jovanovski F4 and was wondering if anyone knew what it resembled or if it was discontinued altogether. I didnt think anything on the Inno blade chart looked similar. I know its a bit of topic but I didnt want to start a new topic.

I picked up a Jovanovski F4 and was wondering if anyone knew what it resembled or if it was discontinued altogether. I didnt think anything on the Inno blade chart looked similar. I know its a bit of topic but I didnt want to start a new topic.

I think it's a Berehoski or a Murray, not positve though. BTW its like a Drury but without the curve at the heel.