Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

You would think he has at least 10 pairs of custom ones sitting at home saved up. But I guess he's really like one of those superstars that when they step away from the game, they'll never look back in ways of coaching or managing. Not that improper skates are an indication XD.

There are guys wearing Mission Amp skates in the KHL- a One100 stick is probably one of the more normal sightings there....

I'd say it's safe to agree specially when a few pages back there's a guy using Nike Quest gloves still.

Saw some strange pro-stock sticks at a LHS. They were Reeboks, but they felt too heavy to be an 11K or a 20K, they were heavy like a 6K or something in that price range. They had no graphics except "Reebok" in silver on the top with a silver namebar, and in that was written the pattern code and flex. Most of them were H15 curves, but various flexes between 75 and 100. Other than that they were just plain black, almost like prototypes or something.

oxSKYs.jpg

SNlqrs.jpg

cvHd4s.jpg

L3rtjs.jpg

x8JtRs.jpg

From Bob McKenzie's twitter:

Yakupov is an interesting kid. Fans ask for his stick as he goes off ice but holds onto it and instead throws his helmet up to them.

He'd do well on The Price is Right.#stickcostsmorethanhelmet

Yakupov gave up his helmet because it was broken after taking a big hit in 3rd period from Tom Wilson. "Two more games, I need my sticks."

Yak seems like a savvy young man.

Saw some strange pro-stock sticks at a LHS. They were Reeboks, but they felt too heavy to be an 11K or a 20K, they were heavy like a 6K or something in that price range. They had no graphics except "Reebok" in silver on the top with a silver namebar, and in that was written the pattern code and flex. Most of them were H15 curves, but various flexes between 75 and 100. Other than that they were just plain black, almost like prototypes or something.

We actually got a bunch of these at my store as well. On the bottom side of the taper of the shaft theres a little sticker that says indentifier. Its an AI9, at least the ones we got were.

A buyer of ours later confirmed that they were AI9s.

What store did you see those at by the way?

Edit: Judging from the floor and the price tag, this was at a Sportchek or Hockey Experts?

I was told that these AI9s were made black because we were getting a buyout or big mark downs on them and selling them below normal retail of most LHS. So to keep the other LHS accounts happy and not create unfair competition Reebok made them all black.

We actually got a bunch of these at my store as well. On the bottom side of the taper of the shaft theres a little sticker that says indentifier. Its an AI9, at least the ones we got were.

A buyer of ours later confirmed that they were AI9s.

What store did you see those at by the way?

Edit: Judging from the floor and the price tag, this was at a Sportchek or Hockey Experts?

I was told that these AI9s were made black because we were getting a buyout or big mark downs on them and selling them below normal retail of most LHS. So to keep the other LHS accounts happy and not create unfair competition Reebok made them all black.

Ahh I see. We got a bunch of them into ours as well, great at cost! I had a colleague make a guess that they were 11Ks when they first came in but I didn't follow up. Which buyer did you ask?

I can see why they could be AI9s because the taper/fusepoint had a little bulge that was inconsistent with the 11Ks. Then again, I only checked a couple of them so still unsure.

Shot very well though! Was tempted when I saw 'pro stock' in the computer, but there doesn't seem to be anything characteristically unique about them except for the lack of graphics.

Saw these Reeboks at Hockey Experts in Calgary. I guess they could be Ai9's, they sure felt heavy, though. They were priced around $240, so I guess that makes sense.

You would think he has at least 10 pairs of custom ones sitting at home saved up. But I guess he's really like one of those superstars that when they step away from the game, they'll never look back in ways of coaching or managing. Not that improper skates are an indication XD.

Bure really hasn't skated much at all since he retired. I'm not surprised he didn't have pair of skates.

that is not really a deal considering that pro stock 11k retails here for 119$+tax, also the AI9 is not a heavy stick, my guess would be they are not retail AI9 without graphics.

They will have a sale for these sticks to be around $120 soon I bet. Just like they have done in the past to other sticks.

Bure really hasn't skated much at all since he retired. I'm not surprised he didn't have pair of skates.

Yeah, I've been listening and watching his interviews as well as Sakic's. They both haven't skated for as much as more than two years before the practice and exhibition game this week.

Ahh I see. We got a bunch of them into ours as well, great at cost! I had a colleague make a guess that they were 11Ks when they first came in but I didn't follow up. Which buyer did you ask?

I can see why they could be AI9s because the taper/fusepoint had a little bulge that was inconsistent with the 11Ks. Then again, I only checked a couple of them so still unsure.

Shot very well though! Was tempted when I saw 'pro stock' in the computer, but there doesn't seem to be anything characteristically unique about them except for the lack of graphics.

Question for both of you in your LHS, do you guys have any of those in H-10 pattern?

Yeah, I've been listening and watching his interviews as well as Sakic's. They both haven't skated for as much as more than two years before the practice and exhibition game this week.

Question for both of you in your LHS, do you guys have any of those in H-10 pattern?

I could check for you, hand and flex?

They will have a sale for these sticks to be around $120 soon I bet. Just like they have done in the past to other sticks.

Don't know if it's going to be for that price specifically, but most likely a mark down soon, seeing as this was done with the 9K and CL prostocks over the summer and that a great number of stores have these unmarked sticks.

Copyof1439074_.jpg

White CCM CL in the Czech Leauge

Pav still taping his ankles :tongue:

Why do guys tape their ankles like that? I think you see less guys taping their ankles now then in the past. I could never skate with taped ankles.

Pav still taping his ankles :tongue:

Why do guys tape their ankles like that? I think you see less guys taping their ankles now then in the past. I could never skate with taped ankles.

All 3 rocking Custom +, nice.

Very.

I could check for you, hand and flex?

Don't know if it's going to be for that price specifically, but most likely a mark down soon, seeing as this was done with the 9K and CL prostocks over the summer and that a great number of stores have these unmarked sticks.

I'm right and prefer 90 flex. On my 10k H10 pattern pro returns I use a wooden buttend around 3/4 inch to 1-1/2 inches depending on original stick length. Thank you for checking. I was just wondering if they made that pattern any more since I haven't seen them in a while.