Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

He just pulls his hockey top over the elbow pads. A few players on my team do this as well. I don’t know why....

The idea is to keep the elbow pads from sliding down. Shockdoctor actually advertises that the sleeves of their new base layer are designed to be turned up over the elbow pads to lock them in place.

My bad, I thought statigram was pubicly viewable.

717118963.jpg?key=28961944&Expires=13581

I am getting "access denied" with that link as well

Yak_zps61a3ad0f.jpg

Anyone know what is going on with Yakupov's elbow pads? Seems they have a Reebok profile, but very...blue. Paint? Marker? Or a new product?

[PS photobucket is failing hard lately, I can't embed. Help?]

I may be mistaking, but I'm pretty sure I've seen rock the grey projekts in the past. I know the ones in this pic definitely aren't the projekts though. really like smyths gear, classic stuff.

As for Hall, I would tend to agree with JR and add that he might just genuinely like the Bauer product better. What did he wear in junior? I'm guessing Bauer skates at least.

I was at the Ducks training camp practice on Saturday and both Cogliano and Souray were using the new Mako II's. Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to get a picture.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151350877917128&set=a.10151350875312128.503786.10865057127&type=1&theater

During Edmonton's "impromptu" :rolleyes: pond game, Taylor Hall was using the newest Easton 4 roll and an RSII stick. Perhaps his Bauer switch he referred to earlier was just for helmets.

Back to Bauer mitts yesterday during camp. Still using an RSII though. Don't know about last year, but he's been wearing Bauer skates all year...(edit: he wore Bauer's last year, too...X:60's to X7.0)

DEV_0656_slide.jpg

If he had Bauer skates last year (which he did) he didn't have a full endorsement deal; probably just a stick deal. He wasn't featured in last year or this year's catalogue.

Yes, The Clarkson Tackla's are pretty sweet. had them on my hands in September, he brought them in with him, he was real pumped about them too. Real comfortable. his stick in that photo is also a Mako painted RS, which he said was also a custom higher kick point. He also saw a pair of our custom X7.0 LE skates that are all black and white and took a picture to try and have his rep get him that colorway in the APX's. Guess that didn't pan out for him ha

Ribeiro spotted using a Mako at Caps camp.......... perhaps the beloved SE16 is making an exit :ohmy:

He used the Mako intermittently last year during games.

He used the Mako intermittently last year during games.

I know he has changed it up a little.. however, he recently skated with the beer league team I play for... and during our game he used a black SE16 and skated a bit with a RBZ with another players name on it... he told me he was going to try a bunch new twigs as the SE16 was starting to become less available.

I understand that companies must keep moving things forward, but between all the pro's and non-pro's who still swear by the SE16 (myself included), I wish they would have kept it around somehow. Paint it different, call it something else, I don't care....I just want that stick back. I have one left that is hanging on for life at this point, and nothing I've used since has compared.

My buddy has 4 locked up in his closet while he experiments with other sticks. Nothing has come close and he texted me last week saying he hates to do it but he's taking one out and using it.