Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

How to Breed BIG hockey players..

You guys need to see one of our up and coming stars here in Aus, Todd Graham who is 12 years old and already 183cm!

ginsberg_2004.jpg

There must be something in the water at his house!

BauerFreak (here on MSH) is 195 (6'6) at age 15. And no, there is no nuclear power plant anywhere near.

6'1? That's a big boy for twelve. He looks thick as well, I remember playing against those guys. At 13 I played against a guy who was 6'3, they are difficult to face, especially if they are mobile.

And by just "standing" he is doing what comes natural to him-supinating.

Not necessarily...he could just be flexing his ankle inwards...it doesn't matter, I'm sure he doesn't skate with his ankle turned inwards like that.

And supination is not a posture problem, it just has to do with natural gait.

Is 183 cm = 6'1" ? If it is, then that's sort of average for here in Alberta. We play against 6'0 and up 12 year olds every day...which is sort of scary. Two of the bigger guys on my team are 5'11" and 12 too..

I think he's standing like that on purpose. Know a guy that is an amazing skater but when our coach pulls us in to talk he always stands like that, but whenever else you see him standing around he never does. Still a HUGE kid. I'm that tall and I'm 15.

6'1? That's a big boy for twelve. He looks thick as well, I remember playing against those guys. At 13 I played against a guy who was 6'3, they are difficult to face, especially if they are mobile.

true, but a common trend with bigger players is that they're less mobile. it's a rareity to find someone 6'4+ who can move like someone who is 5'10

Is 183 cm = 6'1" ? If it is, then that's sort of average for here in Alberta. We play against 6'0 and up 12 year olds every day...which is sort of scary. Two of the bigger guys on my team are 5'11" and 12 too..

I am laughing...everytime I took my son to an ice tournament where there were AAA teams from Canada at the Bantam level, it always seemed like a men's team was taking the ice.....

I was 5'11" 195 lbs at age 12....just never got any larger(er... taller) Was fun while it lasted lol.

I see he's got bad posture...look at his right skate. He's supinating.

I know I might be showing my ignorance but what is "supinating" exactly?

BTW I don't consider it normal to be 12 and that size! Unless you are breeding a freak'n army of stormtroopers! ;)