Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

If they leave guys open outside to shoot, some pucks will get through. If they cover those guys, it'll be tougher for them to catch passes and get off shots. I don't like to see the whole team just standing in the slot. I suspect that goalies would prefer to have a bit more room to see the shots, too.

If they leave guys open outside to shoot, some pucks will get through. If they cover those guys, it'll be tougher for them to catch passes and get off shots. I don't like to see the whole team just standing in the slot. I suspect that goalies would prefer to have a bit more room to see the shots, too.

With the way Crawford played again last night, I really wouldn't care what his preferences are. Don't get me wrong, I don't like how they crash so low defensively, but it's the same thing that they have been doing for a few years now and it bails them out more often than it hurts them.

Morin and Hayes are being sent to Rockford, presumably to make room for Sharp and Hossa. Hopefully they'll play next game. Maybe we'll get a look at Handzus, though he might sit out until he gets a few practices in.

I actually like the crashing in the defensive zone because it helps more than it hurts. The problem happens when they start chasing AND crashing low defensively. The wingers end up WAY out of position allowing the point man to take a shot without anyone in the lane. Those are the ones that get through and then a crazy rebound happens and/or Crawford is out of position for the 2nd save.

No Sharp tomorrow vs Blues. Hossa is 50/50 it sounds like.

Oh....and Bollig has been found....on the ice for Blackhawk's practice. :unsure:

Edit: Q just confirmed Hossa will play. Sharp definitely out.

Yep, Hossa and Bolland will play. Bollig may have been brought back since Sharp is still out, and it's the Blues.

And Kane's sick, but expected to play.

Handzus practiced with the fourth line, and Crawford will start tomorrow. Interesting to see that Q has been announcing his goalies the day before recent games, when he used to keep us in suspense until just before game time.

Does sound like Handzus will play on 4th line. Frolick moved down 2nd line with Bolland and Kane. Hossa will play on 1st line with Saad and Toews. Excited to see how the 1st line works out.

Well, will be interesting to see. I really like Bollig when he doesn't fight unnecessarily. Skates decent, forechecks well, and has a pretty hard wrist shot. But I feel like most of his fights lose momentum for the Hawks.

It seemed that way to me, too. And it always looks like a stupid sideshow to me when they stop the gameplay for two guys to fight just for the sake of fighting. I've seen good rushes taken away because of a whistle for a fight, too.

Potential 1st round preview tonight vs the Wings. Despite their losses at the blue line this season....I still fear them as a playoff opponent. They still have a couple big offensive guns, very good goalie, and great coach.

Sounding like Bolland is out for today's game, but he is practicing.

Yes, and Crawford's starting.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem that the hit last game caused a problem with Sharp's shoulder.

That awkward fall into the boards definitely had me nervous. But post-game interviews he described it as a "stinger" so that's good. Having him and Hossa back will be a great help coming down the stretch.

Can't believe post season is just around the corner.

Sharp's out again, but Bolland will play; Crawford will start, all according to CSNChicago.

It was nice to see Crawford look more comfortable in the shootout last game. Sometimes he doesn't look very comfortable, like the prior shootout.

In the penalty kill that gave up the goal last game, the skaters mostly stood around in the slot. When they moved, it looked like slow motion. I was amazed at the lack of defensive effort, and expected the goal. I hope they'll play full games for the playoffs, and it would be nice to see that habit now.

After the way Q mixed up the lines towards the end of last game, it'll be interesting to see what he does today to start, and what changes he'll make if he doesn't like what he sees.

Emery's got a lower body injury, so the Blackhawks called up Hutton to back up Crawford tomorrow. Sharp will be out again.

It doesn't seem to have been giving him problems. Maybe it's just something that happened in practice. And Q's not rushing guys back, look at what he's doing with Sharp. It could be very minor, but they want to have everyone at their best for the playoffs.

Interesting that they recalled Hutton, not Karlsson again.

I read that there's a chance that we might get a look at LeBlanc in a game.

It doesn't seem to have been giving him problems. Maybe it's just something that happened in practice. And Q's not rushing guys back, look at what he's doing with Sharp. It could be very minor, but they want to have everyone at their best for the playoffs.

Interesting that they recalled Hutton, not Karlsson again.

I read that there's a chance that we might get a look at LeBlanc in a game.

Considering the number of times Sharp has been in and then back out, it makes me wonder if he was rushed back

Wouldn't be surprised if Sharp rushed himself back originally. Shoulder injuries can be fickle like groin injuries. You feel ok doing routine stuff but unless it's had proper time to heal (and then some) it's easy to aggravate.

I wouldn't be too worried about Emery. It sounds minor but with clinching the West gives Q time to rest him. Said he would probably be back in line up after Fridays game.

Hawks win again despite Crawford. Should I be scared that I'm actually hoping Emery gets healthy fast?

Not one of Crawford's better nights, but the skaters quit for a while in the 3d. Bad things happen when the Blackhawks sit back and allow the game to be played in their zone for an extended time. Emery is out tomorrow.

Read last night from Hawk beat writers that possible conversation for Hutton to start tonight. Haven't seen final decision yet but I'm only through my 1st cup of coffee.

Crawford just seemed off last night. Tough time tracking the puck and not so great positioning.

But I wouldn't be surprised by more of these games. The team is going to be in somewhat of a coast mode as they've clinched the West. President's Trophy would be cool but not even close to be worth killing themselves for. It's why we see Emery sitting and Sharp taking his time. Would like to see both get a few games in before playoffs. Which sounds like that should happen for both.