Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

The President's trophy isn't that important in itself, but it comes with guaranteed home ice advantage in the Finals.

Q did his usual refusal to commit on a starting goalie for tonight, so the media types generated a story on a possible Hutton start. That would be dumb, when he could start Crawford again, and give him a chance to work his way into playing well.

I've gotta give you that about Crawford v Hutton. From what we've seen here in Rockford, Hutton's best won't be much better than the display Crawford put on last night. Not that anything could overcome the early propensity the Icehogs had for taking stupid penalties, but it certainly wasn't Hutton in goal. The really perplexing factor here is that the 'hawks have allowed the fewest goals against in the league. That really astonishes me and I'm kinda surprised that that hasn't been a larger topic of discussion.

In a lot of games, the other team hasn't had any scoring chances. They could have put a pylon in net for at least one of the shutouts this year. When they are healthy, they dominate the weaker teams in the league.

The skaters always have a big share of the credit, or blame, for a team's GAA. I agree with your point on the Blackhawks this year -- It's hard for an opponent to score when the puck's in its own zone.

Crawford's starting tonight.

Is it just me or is this the first game of the year on WGN? Not that its on any of the national broadcasts but here in Rockford we're in the blackout area for those and our cable carries the national feed of WGN and not the local Chicago one. Boo! Boo! I say!!!!!

Ok, the first one is bad luck, though he could have played it better. The second one was yet another example of him not moving well side to side. He had plenty of time and was still off his angle.

Is it just me or is this the first game of the year on WGN? Not that its on any of the national broadcasts but here in Rockford we're in the blackout area for those and our cable carries the national feed of WGN and not the local Chicago one. Boo! Boo! I say!!!!!

I don't remember any others, and I don't like that WGN doesn't show "Shoot the Puck".

Ok, the first one is bad luck, though he could have played it better. The second one was yet another example of him not moving well side to side. He had plenty of time and was still off his angle.

I think Crawford was a bit deep on the second goal; it seems there must be some way to play a bit bigger, so that puck wouldn't go past him. He was off his game in the shootout, too. It's easy to tell he's not feeling it when he flops early, instead of staying with the play. I'm beginning to lose hope that he'll get consistently good. What we've seen may be all he'll ever be, some good games and some bad games.

My biggest frustration is Crawford's lack of consistency. He has the potential to be a very good goaltender and the has very bad games. Every player has an off night. But it seems you never know what Crawford you're getting each night. You don't win playoff series like that.

I want so bad for Crawford to be a true number 1 because when he is on he is near impossible to beat.

I think Crawford was a bit deep on the second goal; it seems there must be some way to play a bit bigger, so that puck wouldn't go past him. He was off his game in the shootout, too. It's easy to tell he's not feeling it when he flops early, instead of staying with the play. I'm beginning to lose hope that he'll get consistently good. What we've seen may be all he'll ever be, some good games and some bad games.

He couldn't come out much farther because of the traffic at the front of the net. He simply didn't come across far enough to take away the angle, a very common problem of his. As far as playing bigger, his mechanics make him play much smaller than you would expect from someone his size. The Hawks need either a new goalie coach or a new student.

I want so bad for Crawford to be a true number 1 because when he is on he is near impossible to beat.

I haven't seen all the games this year but I have seen a lot of them and I have not seen one where I thought "Damn, Crawford is really on tonight."

I think there were a couple. But really no more than that. More so a situation of a middle line goalie having a great night. Or maybe it's just my expectations of him are pretty low right now. So when he does play well I think it's a better game than it really is.

I think Crawford was a bit deep on the second goal; it seems there must be some way to play a bit bigger, so that puck wouldn't go past him.

He couldn't come out much farther because of the traffic at the front of the net. He simply didn't come across far enough to take away the angle, a very common problem of his. As far as playing bigger, his mechanics make him play much smaller than you would expect from someone his size. The Hawks need either a new goalie coach or a new student.

Sounds like I got the first and second goals mixed up. I was thinking of the long one-hopper.

Yeah, the skipper was the first one. He either should have come out to catch it about the time it hit the ice or stayed back to give himself more time to react. He just picked the worst place to be, where he didn't have time to react but was also far enough away for a random bounce to eat him up. Those plays happen so infrequently and the bounces are so random, you have to chalk it up to chance.

so did anyone in the chicagoland area get to see the first? friggin bulls playoff and the loser cubs going to extra innings preempted it on both csn channels. completely asinine to say the least. comcast really dropped the ball on this one

Lower body. Will not return. I didn't see what it was.

Update: Q said it was his groin. But doesn't think it's serious. When does he ever though?

so did anyone in the chicagoland area get to see the first? friggin bulls playoff and the loser cubs going to extra innings preempted it on both csn channels. completely asinine to say the least. comcast really dropped the ball on this one

Yes. The game started on CSN Plus 2, I think they called it, the channel number varied with the service provider.

Q said it was the worst game of the year. I think Crawford had a good game, but the skaters weren't as ready as Vancouver was.

The Canucks started the same way the Blues did. Hitting anything that moved. And because of that you find Bollig and Carcillo on the top lines. Which never seems to work out well.

I guess you learn something new every day. I did not know that there is a CSN+2. We only get CSN and CSN+ in Rockford. That was just an awful game. Kinda makes one happy that we didn't get to see the first. I can't remember seeing both Bollig and Carcillo in the lineup together. I really wish that Carcillo would just go away. It doesn't seem as though he brings anything to the table except for stupid plays and injuries. Alright, I've got to give him some credit for scoring the only goal last night, and his first of the year. Sort of a situation akin to Jordan scoring 40 but the bulls still losing. Too bad you can't polish a turd, Beavis.

It wasn't Carcillo's first of the year. He had an OT winner during their initial point streak I believe. Though I did hear the Canuck announcers state he grabbed the puck after his goal and I'm not sure why? I'm in agreement that he brings very little, if anything, to the table. At this point he is here to eat up some minutes and attempt to bring some physicality to whatever line he plays on. My guess is that he was in the lineup because Q knew the Canucks were going to start strong. Give some guys on the lineup a break and try to minimize injuries for post season.

Bollig and Carcillo were in the lineup to try and prevent the Canucks from taking too many liberties with the rest of the lineup. The word is out around the league, hit the Hawks hard and often, it's your best chance to beat them.

It's not just the Blackhawks; the physical game has always been a tactic to try to beat skill.

Since the Penguins lost Tuesday, the Blackhawks need only two points in their last three games to secure the President's tropy and guaranteed home ice advantage for as long as they last in the playoffs.