Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

That was bound to happen. Sounds like Sharp may be out for a while; Shaw not so much, and Hoss may be back Friday. And Bolland's back, so, all in all, it could be worse.

Sharp out 3-4 weeks, safe to say the streak will end before then. My guess is that Saad ends up there with Carcillo on the first line to provide "balance". If Hossa is still out, then maybe we see Toews and Kane together. Bolland Kruger and Frolik were good together last year and allows them to keep the Bickell, Shaw, Stalberg line together.

Hossa's back, so is Shaw. Bollig's been recalled, presumably for Sharp's spot. I haven't seen anything on Frolik.

So we'll see who takes Sharp's spot on the second line.

EDIT: Frolik's back, Shaw was kept out of the 3d period last game as a "precautionary" measure.

Bickell's moving up to Sharp's spot, and Carcillo may take his spot.

Damn, I would think you would want to keep that third line together. Especially considering how much differently Bickell plays. Honestly, with their talent pool, you can make up a lot of different, and effective, combinations.

I agree, that line has been clicking. Maybe Q thinks he's rewarding Bickell for playing well? I would have preferred to see them bring up Jimmy Hayes for Sharp's spot.

I agree, that line has been clicking. Maybe Q thinks he's rewarding Bickell for playing well? I would have preferred to see them bring up Jimmy Hayes for Sharp's spot.

That would have been the easy thing to do

It was a good run, surprised that it took so long to see the old Crawford back on the ice. I haven't seen so many passes behind guys all season long.

I'm not too surprised that Q, typically, decided to go with Emery. I had hoped that he'd show a little character and let Crawford get right back on the horse. This guy just can't seem to get any confidence in his choice of a number one goalie.

I have had reservations about Crawford for years, it's hard for me to find fault in the coach for having the same misgivings.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Emery.

Consistency has been a problem with both of them. I like the way Crawford looks when he's on his game, better than the way Emery looks when he's on his game.

We'll see what they're worth, come playoff time.

Neither of them can carry a game like the last one, or today's, without skaters in front of them.

OK, what's the over/under?

Vegas took this one off the boards about the time the fourth goalie made it on the ice.

A 2 game skid, time to blow up the team.

Their goaltending has been, and continues to be, a question mark.

It will be interesting to see how active they are leading up to the deadline. There seems to be a number of teams that aren't particularly happy with their goaltending situations and there aren't enough big names to go around.

The second and third periods showed that they still know how to play hockey. The record's not too bad. I'll hold off the panic for another game or two.

My wife thinks they just forgot to take their "Blackhawks Win!" pills.

It will be interesting to see how active they are leading up to the deadline. There seems to be a number of teams that aren't particularly happy with their goaltending situations and there aren't enough big names to go around.

I really wish they would have made a run at Vokoun two or three years ago. Unfortunately, they only have about $4m in cap space for next year with Kruger and Leddy coming off of entry level deals and a few other UFAs to deal with (Stalberg, Bickell, Roszival). Buyouts of Olesz and Montador would help in the offseason, as I would really like to see them bring Roszival back. Barring a trade, and I don't think they will make one that removes players from the roster, they are going to have some issues in the off season.

I think they'll go with what they have and hope that they continue to outscore their opponents. Whether or not that will take them to the finals remains to be seen.

Montador cleared waivers, and is on his way to Rockford. Jimmy Hayes is on his way back to the Blackhawks. Let's hope he plays. Hopefully he'll get a chance at Sharp's spot.