Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2013

Really looking forward to Hayes getting a shot. He has the body type, but it just seemed like he needed some seasoning in the AHL. Excited to see his play now that he's spent some time in Rockford.

I'm a few days late on commenting about Sunday's game, but has happened to Kane? The change he's made to his game is noticeable. It seems he has really been able to put his money where his mouth is. I now last season he toted how he was driving to make a "comeback" but then had that surgery for his wrist in the off-season. It just seems he's finally making real steps to be a professional athlete and play to his potential. Obviously, there is a lot of season left to see how this attitude plays out, but I'm stoked on it so far. Have also seen him finish a couple "checks" and show some true frustration. Really liking it. Also have noticed a back-check or two. Hossa must finally be rubbing off on him.

It was just a matter of time until he grew up a little. Having Hossa and Toews in the locker room can't hurt either.

From what the coach there said, he did a bit of growing up in Europe, and he's working harder. He even mentioned Hossa's example in one interview.

The lines at practice today were reported as Hossa-Toews-Saad, Hayes-Bolland-Kane, Stalberg-Shaw-Bickell, and Frolik-Kruger-Carcillo.

I hope they stick with everyone like that except Carcillo, but I have no hope there.

The more sample size I get of Carcillo the more I'm starting to agree with the nay-sayers. His skating is down right awkward and he doesn't bring anything real to the table. If Bollig would stop having meaningless fights I would love to see him in Carcillo's place.

And I can't believe Frolik and Kruger are 4th liners. That is incredible and speaks to the depth the Hawks have been able to roll with so far. Very impressed with both of them so far this year.

I got home from work and saw that they not only got the touchdown, but went for the conversion as well. Damn, I may need to stay up all night and watch the replay.

Worth it if you like goals. I'm normally one who just watches the shortened replay versions via gamecenter. . .but watching the puck possession and sheer owning of the Stars is worth watching the full game.

The Blackhawks pretty much dominated, as the score shows. The power play looked about the same as usual. The penalty kill looked like it has lately, with all the good guys continuing to cluster, shift from side to side with the puck, leaving the other side, and the perimeter, almost as open as you might see on 5-on-3. But tonight it didn't matter.

The Stars had some pressure, but not enough, and not often enough.

I'll be interested to see what they do the next two games, against the Avalanche and the Ducks.

Hawks had a good game against the Av's. A nice full 60min game.

Ducks will be a great test because of how great they are playing as well. Do they get Perry back for that game?

I thought I heard that Perry had one more game to sit.

I hope Hossa isn't bad.

I'm looking forward to the game, too, as both teams seem to be rolling.

Should hear something about Hossa tomorrow. Even though Hawks are not forthcoming on injuries, some of the beat writers usually get something out of a source.

Crawford was awful tonight. His poor positioning and lack of movement were huge factors in all three goals. That said, they played well overall considering it was a road game without two of their top six forwards. Long story short, the Hawks need a goalie if they want to win the cup. They don't have a cup winning goalie in their locker room.

Crawford kept them in the game early, when they were not skating, not passing well, and not paying attention. Two goals were due to dumb giveaways. You can say what you want about Crawford, but the whole team has to wear this one.

One goal was the result of a bad line change as well, that doesn't mean Crawford wasn't out of position regularly over the course of the night. He is being so aggressive in his positioning that he can't get across if there is a pass, rebound or deflection. It's not something new either, it seems like someone pulls a puck out of the crease behind him every night.

Crawford's aggressiveness has been an issue before. He loses his net almost every time because of it as well. There was an article where he and a goalie coach started addressing the issue. When he doesn't come out so aggressively his 2nd save percentage is noticeably higher. Not saying this loss was all his fault because the team was hit and miss in front of him. Horrible turn overs and mental breakdowns.

Not to say Anaheim didn't deserve to win either. They are a good and fast team. But had the Hawks played the way they did in the 2nd through the whole game. . .I think they come away with 2pts instead of the Ducks.

I'm not seeing where Crawford "loses his net almost every time", and I think Emery's a bit worse in that respect.

I agree on the inconsistent play; the Blackhawks did not come out ready to play. Kane's bonehead play to keep the puck in the zone, and dumb pass to Seabrook, were of a piece with the way the rest of the skaters played to start the game.

Crawford's aggressiveness has been an issue before. He loses his net almost every time because of it as well. There was an article where he and a goalie coach started addressing the issue. When he doesn't come out so aggressively his 2nd save percentage is noticeably higher. Not saying this loss was all his fault because the team was hit and miss in front of him. Horrible turn overs and mental breakdowns.

Not to say Anaheim didn't deserve to win either. They are a good and fast team. But had the Hawks played the way they did in the 2nd through the whole game. . .I think they come away with 2pts instead of the Ducks.

Having Sharp and Hossa would have made a huge difference as well. The Hawks do well when they have the puck, but they are still well below average defensively. They just didn't convert against the Ducks when they had the chances early.

I should clarify he loses his net when he overly challenges shots. It causes him to lose his net. I often see him scrambling and losing his place when it happens. He doesn't challenge shooters so aggressively all the time. But his bad games often include him coming out a little further then usual and then losing his place.

Not sure how else to describe it. But his better games are when he's playing in the crease and playing his angles. When he starts to press any further it has been an issue.

I should clarify he loses his net when he overly challenges shots. It causes him to lose his net. I often see him scrambling and losing his place when it happens. He doesn't challenge shooters so aggressively all the time. But his bad games often include him coming out a little further then usual and then losing his place. Not sure how else to describe it. But his better games are when he's playing in the crease and playing his angles. When he starts to press any further it has been an issue.

Agreed, he puts himself in a position where any change in angle or point of attack is a sure goal against.

No Hossa or Sharp for tonight. Shaw will play, but is getting over some illness.

And they are on NBCSN in the states and I have Dish Network. So I'll have to find a streaming feed somewhere.

Even during this stretch of games that they have lost, there is a lot of hope. Missing two of their top six, lackluster defense and having to overcome terrible goaltending and they still only lose by one.

Their record's too good to even be thinking about losing hope. Looks like a bit of a slowdown lately, just like the Ducks. Hard to expect that they could keep up the pace they started with, even for a shortened season. The only thing that bothers me is seeing the old habits cropping up a bit more, especially taking time off during a game. And, as you know, I consider "terrible goaltending" to be overstating the case. I will grant you that it wasn't one of Crawford's better games, but it seems that the only time we have to discuss goaltending is when the guys in front of the goalie quit skating and hustling.

I have to agree. Even with the loss I come away with a feeling of "it's ok".

However... Once again there is the issue of defence and goaltending. Not sure what the greater letdown was. Would be great to have Crawford be able to bail the D out when these games happen. The game winner was just a freak bounce off Oduya. Doubt that could be replicated.

I just felt this game could have been 2pts had the D or goaltending showed up to support the offense. Both fizzled.