Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2013

Chara's size is one thing that can actually work against him along the boards and in the corners because his center of gravity is so much higher than the opponents and one thing we were all taught as kids was the best way win the balance battle is to get your weight low.

not to sidetrack the conversation but what the Bruins should have done was to pursue Ryder. he would have given the offense the needed spark. I would sit out Ference and put Bartkowski instead for the next game. Chara is disappointing too: he can still move the puck, shoot, etc., but he loses the battles along the boards a lot. with such a huge frame and reach one would think that he can shield the puck better...

I think they made an effort to get him back. They lost him to the Canadiens and then Morrow & Igilna to the Pens. So far the Bruins are 0 for 3 in getting some help for the team.

This will be an important week for Chiarelli.

I would think they would at least make a call about Knuble, though they could use some help on the blue line as well

Third line is the priority. Blueline could use some depth protection but getting some contribution from the third line is the bigger need. It would help take some pressure from the top two lines.

Not sure a guy with no goals is exactly the answer to help take some scoring pressure off of the top two lines. With the Sabres in sell mode, Jason Pominville could be a nice compliment to Peverley who has basically been playing by himself since Kelly went down.

So what does everyone think of the Jagr coming to the Bruins?

I hope they drop Horton down & let him play with the top line. Plus he has to make the PP better.

I hope this gets the team to wake up. They have looked so lethargic as of late. They have played so passive the last couple of weeks.

Curious what else Chiarelli can pull off before tomorrow's deadline.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419674

I would like to see them to pursue Streit. I think he would help a lot.

Julien has been very hesitant to split up Horton and Krejci. I honestly think you will see Jagr pairing up with Peverley to finally give Perverley a viable option with the puck. If you haven't noticed, since Kelly went down Peverley has been extremely reluctant to let go of the puck in the offensive zone. It would be nice to have that third line be productive again and give the Bruins 3 lines that can threaten like they had in the Cup run.

I'm not sure you'll see the Bruins add a guy like Streit. If they make a move on the back end, it will probably be more of a defensive guy.

Julien has been very hesitant to split up Horton and Krejci. I honestly think you will see Jagr pairing up with Peverley to finally give Perverley a viable option with the puck. If you haven't noticed, since Kelly went down Peverley has been extremely reluctant to let go of the puck in the offensive zone. It would be nice to have that third line be productive again and give the Bruins 3 lines that can threaten like they had in the Cup run.

I'm not sure you'll see the Bruins add a guy like Streit. If they make a move on the back end, it will probably be more of a defensive guy.

I think your 100% right about him not splitting up the first line. Wishful thinking.

Totally agree about Peverley. I told The Big D a number of times during tonight's game that he doesn't pass the puck enough.

Regarding the lethargy, I know they've only won once, but I think the B's have entered the realm of the Pats or C's of the last few years, in which how they do in the playoffs is all that matters. As a result, I think you'll see them turn up a notch come May.

Totally agree about Peverley. I told The Big D a number of times during tonight's game that he doesn't pass the puck enough.

Regarding the lethargy, I know they've only won once, but I think the B's have entered the realm of the Pats or C's of the last few years, in which how they do in the playoffs is all that matters. As a result, I think you'll see them turn up a notch come May.

I hope they aren't following the Pats or the Celtics. That means a loss in the playoffs.

I think the Jagr trade certainly had the team buzzing last night. I haven't seen Peverly or Horton skate that hard all year.

Bummer about Bergeron though, hopefully he'll be back soon.

Bergeron said to be positive and in good spirits. Good news. Seguin will center Jagr and Marchand tonight, at least to start the game, so it looks like Peverley will still be centering the helicopter line.

Think that Jagr's an excellent pickup, despite the fact that some think that his style "doesn't fit" the Bruins team style. Can still help a powerplay, and his advanced metrics are better than Iginla's. Guy can absolutely still play/help a contender get there.

Bergeron said to be positive and in good spirits. Good news. Seguin will center Jagr and Marchand tonight, at least to start the game, so it looks like Peverley will still be centering the helicopter line.

That was the best news before the game last night. I can't imagine Julien changing that line until Bergeron gets back.

I hope when he does come back, they move Jagr to the first line. I know it won't happen though.

I thought Krejci looked fantastic last night. He seemed to really be moving well. That line was a couple bounces and inches from having a lot of goals.

In baseball, you could be pitching with a two-run lead and the bases loaded in the seventh, and coaches know that at bat could be a more important at bat than any in the ninth inning, so while they won't bring in their closer, they'll trot in their next best pitcher.

The point? Julien is way too conservative for when he pulls his goalie. It's obvious he knows that the longer his net is empty, the greater the chance the other team can score. Sure, but the only problem is there are occasions when the most opportune time to put on the extra attacker is earlier than he feels comfortable. For instance, last night the B's had full control of the puck in the offensive zone with about 1:50 remaining; but that's outside of Julien's comfort zone, so he waited. Then the puck came out, the Habs applied pressure, and thirty to forty seconds ticked away.

What he's ignoring is if his team scores with 1:10 remaining, his goalie goes back in and his exposure has been minimized.

Did they think they were up by a goal instead of down by one?

Why on earth is Shawn Thornton on the ice with under two minutes to play???

I don't get why they play so passive against them. The last three games against Montreal had first place on the line. Every time they have come out and been out skated by them.

I hope Jagr doesn't keep playing with Campbell & Paille. I think he is wasted playing with them.

When Krejci throws the biggest hit of the game there is something seriously wrong. I hope they can some how figure out what's wrong and correct it soon.