Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2013

Lucic was built up to be the next Cam Neely, he's not. If things play out like they usually do in Boston, the press will start to tear him down, now that they set up unrealistic expectations.

There aren't a whole lot of 25-30 goal, 100+ PIM guys to go around. I'll take Lucic any day of the week and twice on Sunday to fill that roll. When his feet are moving like they were last night, he is near unstoppable, not to mention his goal last night had a nice little bit of silk to it. Let's keep the kneejerk reactions to the Boston press.

I'm with Chadd on this. The press and fans made Lucic look like the second coming of Neely. He is not and will never be like Neely. I'm a bruins fan and I don't understand the aw of Lucic here in Boston. I'd love to see Jordin Tootoo on the bruins.

I had no idea Boston media compared Lucic to Neely! As much as I hate the Bruins, I loved Neely. Too bad Samuelsson ended his career early and turtled when Neely came back seeking revenge.

As for Lucic, two 25 plus goal seasons, two 60 point plus seasons, 18 points in 30 games this season, a physical force on the ice, as much as I hate him because of the rivalry with the Habs, I'd take that guy on my team anytime. The guy has proven that he can play the game and there aren't that many guys like him the league with a combination of strength, size and hockey abilities. On top of that he can drop the mits against the best fighters out there. Boston would be stupid to trade him, unless he was no longer welcomed in the room because of attitude problems that would outweigh what he brings to the club.

I'm with Chadd on this. The press and fans made Lucic look like the second coming of Neely. He is not and will never be like Neely. I'm a bruins fan and I don't understand the aw of Lucic here in Boston. I'd love to see Jordin Tootoo on the bruins.

So you want to ditch a guy because some fools put unrealistic expectations on him? I'm thrilled Peter Chiarelli doesn't have you on speed dial. Lucic is a big part of what makes the Bruins go so long as he is moving his feet and putting him out there with a fast guy like Peverley last night proved that. The fact that you would prefer a guy like Tootoo, well, I think that speaks for itsel

So you want to ditch a guy because some fools put unrealistic expectations on him? I'm thrilled Peter Chiarelli doesn't have you on speed dial. Lucic is a big part of what makes the Bruins go so long as he is moving his feet and putting him out there with a fast guy like Peverley last night proved that. The fact that you would prefer a guy like Tootoo, well, I think that speaks for itsel

I'm saying I've never been sold on Lucic.

but you are sold on a player like Tootoo?

for a guy who not pretending he's a goal scorer yes

I never said I'd prefer Tootoo to Lucic. I said I'd love to have Tootoo on the bruins.

I'd love to see Jordin Tootoo on the bruins.

Truly embarrassing!

When the Bruins play back to back all I hear is they were too tired from playing the night before. They had everything set for them. The Candiens played a tough game the night before & then had to travel to Boston. In the second period tonight was the first time in a long time they played that physical.

I hope if Igilna does go to the Bruins & whatever other moves they make help wake this team up.

I wouldn't call it embarrassing. They had a couple bad stretches and a couple of lucky bounces go against them. There wasn't a whole lot of Lucic late. I found that curious.

But the Bruins also had a couple of lucky bounces for them, Bergeron's goal for example. I went to bed when the Bruins made it 4-2. I was hoping for a Habs comeback but would not have held my breath on it. Was a nice surprise when I woke up this morning and saw the score.

The B's need to resolve the defense situation soon. I am not willing to single out any one particular D-man as they all look so tentative at times: taking unnecessary penalties, not able to clear the puck from own zone, not able to create an offensive rush, coughing the puck in the neutral zone and on and on...

I would have really liked Iginla

But he can not solve this teams woes. The defense is banged up and playing like crap. They need to add on the Blue Line

I hope that Krug stays up and keeps playing. He was one of their best Dmen last night.

I don't really consider the Bergeron goal to be a lucky bounce because you always see rebounds/shot blocks wind up on that far side at some point during powerplays. That is why there is always a guy in that area just waiting for the gimmee.

Marchand should have scored on the first chance and everybody tries to bank it off the goalie in that situation. His goal was the result of a defensive breakdown by the Habs, similar to at least a couple of the Habs markers. I've realized that the Bruins are atrocious at defending a 2 on 1. Sidenote: I never realized that Markov could be so exposed by speed. Was that the result of the back to backs or is that a common theme?

He's lost a step overall when it comes to his transition D (likely do to his multiple knee surgeries and age) and I imagine the back to backs aren't helping his cause. That said, he earns his paycheck on the powerplay as he still has some of the best hands on the back end of anyone in the league.

I've realized that the Bruins are atrocious at defending a 2 on 1. Sidenote: I

Hamilton looked terrible on that 2 on 1 that Ryder scored on. Outside of running into Rask, he couldn't have done much worse.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419320

Interesting that Chiarelli felt the need to have a press conference about the Igilna deal going south. Also mentioning that the Flames called and said it was the "players choice" to nix the deal.

Sounds like it was a gentlemans agreement that went south.

I would love to see the bruins play the penguins in the playoffs.

Hamilton looked terrible on that 2 on 1 that Ryder scored on. Outside of running into Rask, he couldn't have done much worse.

... and on Hamilton, I went to the Bruins-Toronto game in Boston, sitting just above and behind the Bruins bench. Boy, is he slow for a not-even-20-year-old! I was impressed with Matt Bartkowski, though...

Both Hamilton and Rask were left hanging from a bad decision by Ference. I was at that game last night, which is the first time I've seen the B's in Boston in thirty years or so, and both my friend and I instantly said "Bad decison!" the moment Ference tried to glove the bouncing puck in the neutral zone. A second-and-a-half later, Rask had no chance.

Ference had nothing to gain by trying to field that puck. Even if it had bounced into the defensive zone, he should have easily won a race to it, and could have passed over to Hamilton if necessary.

The one play I'm curious about is Johnson's penalty at the end. We only saw one replay, but it looked like the Habs were sending the puck in deep, and Johnson tried to bat the puck with his backhand while it was going past. What we couldn't understand is why that was classified as a delay of game versus a deflection off someone's stick?

I think they ruled he batted the puck. The replay I saw it looked as though he did. Tough luck.

I still can't believe they way the Bruins came out to start the game. Your playing your biggest rival, your playing for first place, and Montreal played the night before. How could they not come out with a better effort than they did??

not to sidetrack the conversation but what the Bruins should have done was to pursue Ryder. he would have given the offense the needed spark. I would sit out Ference and put Bartkowski instead for the next game. Chara is disappointing too: he can still move the puck, shoot, etc., but he loses the battles along the boards a lot. with such a huge frame and reach one would think that he can shield the puck better...