Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikej411

Girdle questions

What is referred to as a "girdle" isn't what the APX Core Pad is. That is more of an adjustable pant than anything else.

Oh, okay. That sucks. I thought it was going to be like the totalone but with slightly different shape.

So do i need some kind of special covering for it then if it doesnt use girdle shells?

Oh, okay. That sucks. I thought it was going to be like the totalone but with slightly different shape.

So do i need some kind of special covering for it then if it doesnt use girdle shells?

Pant shells is what you need. They're often in the same category. Only difference is pant shells tend to run larger than a same-size girdle shell.

Pant shells is what you need. They're often in the same category. Only difference is pant shells tend to run larger than a same-size girdle shell.

Thanks, this is the info I was looking for. I didnt realize they were two different things.

So what differentiates a girdle from a "core pad"?

Thanks, this is the info I was looking for. I didnt realize they were two different things.

So what differentiates a girdle from a "core pad"?

Just have a look at the two.

Girdle

Core Pad

Notice the thighs are much bulkier on the Core Pad VS The TO Girdle. The Hips have padding wrapping all the way around, vs the girdle's placement right on hips. There'll be more padding overall on the corepad, but the girdle will typically fit closer to the body.

Girdle

Core Pad

Notice the thighs are much bulkier on the Core Pad VS The TO Girdle. The Hips have padding wrapping all the way around, vs the girdle's placement right on hips. There'll be more padding overall on the corepad, but the girdle will typically fit closer to the body.

Oh, okay. Thanks. I guess I messed up buying the APX core pad. I love the TO girdle, and when the APX came up on here for cheap I figured it would be the same things but with a slightly different fit (kind of like supreme vs vapor pants). I'll give it a try, but i think ultimately ill end up selling it and buying the TO that i want.

The APX is similar to the 9K if you've seen one of those. The padding still sits close to the body much like a girdle and the leg pads are adjustable to wear as tight or loose as you want. If you get the supreme shell the same size shell fits over the APX. I use a 9k shell over my APX and also use the same size. It still feels much slimmer and lighter than the actual APX pants, but having not actually weighed both of them I can't say if this is true, but just because of how it sits that's the perception and feel you get.

Oh, okay. Thanks. I guess I messed up buying the APX core pad. I love the TO girdle, and when the APX came up on here for cheap I figured it would be the same things but with a slightly different fit (kind of like supreme vs vapor pants). I'll give it a try, but i think ultimately ill end up selling it and buying the TO that i want.

I'm trying the TO tonight for the first time on the ice. The APX and the TO feel like they sit pretty similar to the body, APX has a lot more upper padding tho, especially on the backside. You will put the APX on like you put on pants, the top portion around the waist is all one piece if that makes sense. Because of the design it's easy to put on with skates already on the feel unlike pants.

Girdle

Core Pad

There's a difference in terms of how they wear but I'd say overall the leg padding between the two are very similar. The biggest difference is in the upper portion, the APX has a lot of padding up there but the TO does not, especially on the backside. The APX I would say while not a true girdle is more girdle like than pant like, maybe a hybrid would be the way to put it.

can someone who tried both can comment on the length of the TotalOne vs APX?

In the same size, which one can accommodate for longer legs? I can't find a TO locally, found one APX in large but it was too short

Thanks guys.

We'll see :) I just loved the TO when I tried it on in the store since.. well.. frankly, I'm fat. 5'9 240lbs. So for me I have to wear XL pants in order to get them around my gut, but then they are HUGE in the legs, both length and width. The kidney pads are up past my elbows, and the lower back protection gets in the way of my shoulder pads. So basically at this point I wear JR suspenders (because unlike the adult ones, they have no stretch what so ever) and so my pants basically "hang" from the suspenders.

The TO let me use separate sizes for the waist and the legs, which was far more comfortable. If the APX doesnt open up all the way at the top in the front, then it may be no good for me. But then again, at least I can tighten up the legs.

The goal here is to have something comfortable, protective, and preferably not require suspenders.

EDIT:

Dammit, so I wanted this: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=PPVECT

Instead of this?: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=NBS

Sigh.

can someone who tried both can comment on the length of the TotalOne vs APX?

In the same size, which one can accommodate for longer legs? I can't find a TO locally, found one APX in large but it was too short

TO is slightly longer.

Thanks guys.

We'll see :) I just loved the TO when I tried it on in the store since.. well.. frankly, I'm fat. 5'9 240lbs. So for me I have to wear XL pants in order to get them around my gut, but then they are HUGE in the legs, both length and width. The kidney pads are up past my elbows, and the lower back protection gets in the way of my shoulder pads. So basically at this point I wear JR suspenders (because unlike the adult ones, they have no stretch what so ever) and so my pants basically "hang" from the suspenders.

The TO let me use separate sizes for the waist and the legs, which was far more comfortable. If the APX doesnt open up all the way at the top in the front, then it may be no good for me. But then again, at least I can tighten up the legs.

The goal here is to have something comfortable, protective, and preferably not require suspenders.

EDIT:

Dammit, so I wanted this: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=PPVECT

Instead of this?: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=NBS

Sigh.

There both shells meant to go over a Girdle, wrap girdle or Adaptable core pad girdle... How do these shells differ other than brand.. they both open up at the waist, the CCM just has a flap to cover the laces after there fastened.

There both shells meant to go over a Girdle, wrap girdle or Adaptable core pad girdle... How do these shells differ other than brand.. they both open up at the waist, the CCM just has a flap to cover the laces after there fastened.

*shrug*

I didnt see an option specifically for vapor pant shells. This stuff is confusing.

*shrug*

I didnt see an option specifically for vapor pant shells. This stuff is confusing.

Tell me about... Technically, they are both Girdles APX and TO, they just fit differently and Bauer calls them Adaptable Core Padding (new Marketing for Girdle.) To add to the confusion, Bauer markets there shell under the Supreme line, which most people including me at first glance thought it was only for the TO girdle...

But its used for the APX and the TO girdles.

You can also use other shells from RBK, Warrior, CCM etc.. for these to girdles.

*shrug*

There is nothing confusing really, I have never considered the APX a pant, it is a girdle just as is the TO. I have them both and used most kinds of shells on the market. Ive used 9k, PP10, Bauer padded shells on both on them just fine. Some fit better than others but thats personnal opinion I cant tell you which fits better. My only opinion is that you should look into the TO instead of the APX because you can adjust it a bit more, I found the APX a bit tight compared to the TO.

As far as shell sizing goes, you really have to try them on, shells really vary on how they fit and size. I am currently using an S one95 and M Bauer padded shell and it is perfect.

To add to the confusion, Bauer markets there shell under the Supreme line, which most people including me at first glance thought it was only for the TO girdle...But its used for the APX and the TO girdles.

Okay, good. I bought a Supreme shell. Though I bought sz L, and the APX "thing" is XL. We'll see. Can always exchange if I need to.

There is nothing confusing really, I have never considered the APX a pant, it is a girdle just as is the TO.

That's why it's confusing, because JR said above that the APX isn't a girdle.

Tell me about... Technically, they are both Girdles APX and TO, they just fit differently and Bauer calls them Adaptable Core Padding (new Marketing for Girdle.) To add to the confusion, Bauer markets there shell under the Supreme line, which most people including me at first glance thought it was only for the TO girdle...

But its used for the APX and the TO girdles.

You can also use other shells from RBK, Warrior, CCM etc.. for these to girdles.

That is why the new Supreme girdle will have a padded shell with it.

Okay, good. I bought a Supreme shell. Though I bought sz L, and the APX "thing" is XL. We'll see. Can always exchange if I need to.That's why it's confusing, because JR said above that the APX isn't a girdle.

I believe it serves the purpose of a girdle. It is light, mobile and you put a shell on it. I am not sure of the exact definition of girdle and I might be wrong, but if it does what I wrote earlier in this post, it is a girdle in my books, whether its a Bauer, Easton or RBK. I have never heard anybody refer to the APX core pad as a pant except here.

That is why the new Supreme girdle will have a padded shell with it.

JR is this new for 13/14? If so will APX have their own shell or is the Supreme shell to be used with APX and TO?

I believe it serves the purpose of a girdle. It is light, mobile and you put a shell on it. I am not sure of the exact definition of girdle and I might be wrong, but if it does what I wrote earlier in this post, it is a girdle in my books, whether its a Bauer, Easton or RBK. I have never heard anybody refer to the APX core pad as a pant except here.

Remember the original RBK 7k pant? The one that had adjustable legs - it was the Jofa 9800 before then.

$(KGrHqR,!qgFD-+ZDuKdBRCFT0H52!~~60_3.JP

The only difference between it and the APX was that the shell was attached....would you have called that a girdle? I'm not trying to knock you or anything, but the difference between the T1 and the APX is that they do fit differently. The traditional "girdle" is a form-fitting piece. The APX is a customizable pant.

JR is this new for 13/14? If so will APX have their own shell or is the Supreme shell to be used with APX and TO?

The new T1 NXG shell only fits the T1 NXG girdle. It has a 3-point attachment system.

There will still be a pant shell in the lineup, which fits over regular pants and the APX.

I think these days anything that you can strap close to the body or wear close to the body and then put a shell over is considered a girdle. Terminology might not be correct from the true form but it just seems that's the way it is now whether it's Warrior, the 9K, the APX or Total One.

Since I now own a few of these, The APX and Total One are both similar in length on me. I'm 6' on the dot have a large in both and if I were any taller they would leave too much of a gap between the pads and my shins. I would say if you use the APX as a guide you would be safe as they are pretty close.

The APX is not form fitting around the waist, it fits like a pant around the waist but the legs you can adjust and make form fitting. The APX there's no real "mid section, it's all open up in the front so as long as the waist fits you can adjust the legs accordingly. The Supreme shell works fine on both, buy the same size as the girdle and you'll be fine, I don't think you would want to size down as it might be too tight of a fit. I use a 9k shell which is a padded shell that went with the 9k girdle, I just like the extra protection it offers around the kidney area and in the back of the pant since the girdles don't protect much on the back of the legs. I don't think you'd be wrong in ordering any shell out there if it's for pants or girdle, the pants just might not be as form fitting but it will still work. Having that extra padding in the pant and it honestly does't add that much bulk. The 9k has kind of a spandex pant type of upper region with adjustable legs, but the 9k girdle is a beast when it comes to protection, as much as I love the thing I've found it to be complete overkill and not necessary for mens league, I might consider wearing it to go to war or something.

If you hit up the youtube inlinewarehouse actually has a couple good reviews of the TotalOne and APX and they also show the shell fit over both. While I'm all for making sure an apple is indeed called an apple it might be less confusing just to say it's girdle....lol.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up getting a TotalOne once the new ones come out and the old ones go on clearance (i really dont like the new version)