Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikej411

Girdle questions

I tried on the APX today (finally got home, it's been sitting here for weeks). HATE IT. JR was totally right when he said it was just an adjustable pant. Doesn't open in the front like the TO does (this is key for me). I also found it to be extremely uncomfortable.

I guess I'll just bite the bullet and buy a TO or One95 if I can find one.

As far as sizing for a TO girdle, are the size charts actual measurements, or pants sizes? http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-girdle-sizing.html

Large is 34" - 38" and 5'9" - 6'1"

X-Large is 36" - 40" and 5'11" - 6'3"

I'm 5'9 240lbs and wear a 38 jean. I wear XL hockey pants now, but my first pair (One15s) were L and comfortable.

Probably better to order XL, yea?

Possibly, XL might be a little long for you. At 6' a large fits me perfect height wise. If you wear 38 jeans should be fine in a large. I'm a 36 jean I'd say the large I have has a tad more growing room than the fitting chart there claims. Might be a good case to order both and return the one that doesn't fit right.

Wow the Total One girdle gets hot. I'm going to have to stop wearing compression shorts underneath of it. Maybe velcro my socks onto the girdle itself

Really? Ive always found it to be quite cool with all the ventilation. I wear compression shorts, and base layer pants underneath mine and have never had heat issues.

Compared to the setup I had before with compression shorts and loose pants, yes it's hotter than that. I guess I got more air with the loose pants compared to strapping the girdle tight around my legs

Found myself a TotalOne ACP. Fits well, except that the upper velcro bit I can't quite get closed without sucking in. I'm going to see if I can get a seamstress to make me an extension of some sort.

The other thing is I got a bauer supreme shell in sz L. Fits well but is a bit long. Might get that hemmed an inch or so.

Otherwise... I think I might actually be able to go without suspenders finally!

I actually liked the APX better than my TO girdle. I originally purchased the TO and found it hot and not as protective. I then brought the APX and like the padding of a traditional pant with more adjustability and form fitting. Just all hockey gear its bout personal preference. I found both APX and TO good in their perspective designs so I wouldn't hesitate to wear either if I had them.

I see the heat complaint constantly about girdles, mainly the TO. I must be the only person in the world who feels the TO or girdles in general are cooler to wear than a pant. Maybe it's just mental.

I see the heat complaint constantly about girdles, mainly the TO. I must be the only person in the world who feels the TO or girdles in general are cooler to wear than a pant. Maybe it's just mental.

I don't find it any cooler or warmer really. I didn't notice a difference.

No, you're not alone.

They have that ThermoMax liner coating on them - I remember using my ONE95 for the first time and it felt very cool. I think if you wash your shell often it'll improve.

I am sooo looking forward to my current shipment, scored a Warrior Project girdle plus longer belt plus Syko shell for just 70€. Just sewed some velcros onto an old nylon strap so I can attach the socks directly to the girdle. It will be interesting to see how warm those are, we are in the last few weeks of hockey before the rink closes for summer break :(

No, you're not alone.

They have that ThermoMax liner coating on them - I remember using my ONE95 for the first time and it felt very cool. I think if you wash your shell often it'll improve.

Okay glad to know Im not the only one. I wash the shell almost every game, having had a staph infection before I've become a stickler bout keeping things clean!

I'm definitely finding that the CCM Vector girdle I purchased is hotter than the last few pants I've worn. I'm pretty sure it's because of how snug I keep the legs wrapped so very little air is getting through. I did just gut a pair of Vapor X:30 pants to use as shells since they have a lot of "mesh" type material at the back of the legs and crotch area. I'm excited to give it a try at my next game to see if I notice a difference. The heat comparison between girdle and pant for me is noticeable, but not a huge issue. I don't truly notice until 3rd period or so when I'm really huffing and puffing.

...with a padded shell that fits the girdle better.

padded shell aside, will it be as much or more padding than the TO girdle. Reason I ask is that i dont want the bulkiness of pants. Or will I need to go to the one.8 to get closer to a true girdle feel? Thanks

Just had my first fun-game in the Warrior Projekt girdle, sadly I was sent not a Syko shell but a Syko pant, so I had to use a Roller-Hockey pant.

Didn't have any problem with heat, they felt rather cool. Only Problem was when closing the bench door with the hips as I was used, the girdle isn't as padded in that area as the pants were.

Very nice feeling, I was on D but didn't have to block any shots (beginners game), lets see how it performs at the next team practice :)