Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

3 hours ago, Westside said:

R1's arrived after a lengthy delay in customs. Got them mounted to a new pair of X800R boots. Stoked to skate on them this weekend and see how they compare to the O1's

DSCF3115-vi.jpg

I do plan on anodizing them a different color as the turquoise just isn't for me. Debating about silver or black

1599930465111-vi.jpg

Looks great on the Vapors! If you are changing the color of the bottom go black for sure. Red might look great too, no on the silver IMO.

You will love them! What insert are you starting with?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, greasy17 said:

Looks great on the Vapors! If you are changing the color of the bottom go black for sure. Red might look great too, no on the silver IMO.

You will love them! What insert are you starting with?

Thanks, I was considering red too, but figured it'd be wiser to go with a neutral color. 

Took them out for a brief spin on the H5 insert since I want the most amount of rocker. Felt like I was pitched back a bit further on my heels than I'm used to, but I was trying an entirely new setup today so there's a lot to get used to. Initial feelings are pretty great. Felt like I could cut really hard and be more aggressive in turns compared to the O1. The R1 definitely feels more stable than the O1, but I have those setup so they're extremely loose to give me a ton of rocker.

Skated on a smooth concrete court instead of the rough asphalt I'm usually on. The MPC Freestyle wheels have to be the smoothest feeling ride I've ever had on inline skates. They are amazing. Downside is I kept sliding out which is something that almost never happens with the Labeda Asphalts I've been skating on for the last few years. I'm guessing this is just a learning curve since I'm so used to one model of wheel. Not to mention I was on a totally different surface so I'm sure that played a factor as well. 

When I have more time I plan to skate them back to back with the O1 and then play around with the inserts. I have high hopes that the R1 can be my 'one skate'

• Like 1

When I started seeing pics of the r-1 conversions, I thought they looked like they were taller than other chassis’s. Just got mine back and it definitely looks higher than my previous skates with mission hilos. Seems like it’s a roughly half inch difference, do you guys that use them regularly for league play now use a longer stick now, at least for roller? 

2 hours ago, gsr027 said:

When I started seeing pics of the r-1 conversions, I thought they looked like they were taller than other chassis’s. Just got mine back and it definitely looks higher than my previous skates with mission hilos. Seems like it’s a roughly half inch difference, do you guys that use them regularly for league play now use a longer stick now, at least for roller? 

The O1's were the same way. My go-to roller stick is cut higher than my ice sticks to compensate 

5 hours ago, gsr027 said:

It is higher for sure, but I use the same length stick as before without issue.

So I did a super scientific test this weekend and skated the R1/O1 back-to-back then decided to try both at the same time. I was using the H5 insert on the R1 and keep the O1's center bolt pretty loose. I definitely feel (and see) a lot more rocker with the O1 which forces my muscles to work more when stationary, but when I was skating with one chassis on each foot, the difference didn't feel as drastic. I could do C-cuts on inside and outside edges about the same and didn't feel much of a difference with transitions or the turning radius. Granted, this was skating in a parking lot and not a game situation, but from my initial skate on the R1's I thought there would have been a more noticeable difference. The MPC Freestyle wheels provided me MUCH more grip than they did on the smooth concrete surface I skated on last week so I am definitely going to keep these wheels on for the time being. Biggest difference had nothing to do with the chassis itself, but rather the boot I mounted the R1's to since they're brand new and I'm still breaking them in.

Looking forward to others who have both chassis giving their impressions

IMG_2130-vi.jpg

Edited by Westside
  • Like 4

I received my setup a week ago. I tried them at two training and it's an awesome feeling. I would never go back to normal chassis. 

I put the h5-t8 rocker and the tight turn, c cut and the transition forward backward are amazing. 200921071019567485.jpg

• Like 3

Hey - can anyone else confirm that the front two wheels on their R1 chassis are SUPER close together and set tight? I've tried two different manufacturers (konixx and labeda) and both of these, the front two wheels are SUPER close together - like I can barely get a sheet of paper in there. I was skating late night and ate shit twice out of nowhere because I think some debris got in there and jammed me up. 

https://ibb.co/DMjygR5
https://ibb.co/34bfcp7

fullsizeoutput-c59.jpg
fullsizeoutput-c5b.jpg

Edited by JSchultz

19 minutes ago, JSchultz said:

Hey - can anyone else confirm that the front two wheels on their R1 chassis are SUPER close together and set tight? I've tried two different manufacturers (konixx and labeda) and both of these, the front two wheels are SUPER close together - like I can barely get a sheet of paper in there. I was skating late night and ate shit twice out of nowhere because I think some debris got in there and jammed me up. 

fullsizeoutput-c59.jpg
fullsizeoutput-c5b.jpg

We have two pairs (Med & Lrg) of R1s. Both pairs are 76-76-80-80 as recommended and neither are that close. 

I assume you’re running same set up on medium or large?

Edited by sturdy22
Clarification

2 hours ago, JSchultz said:

fullsizeoutput-c59.jpg
fullsizeoutput-c5b.jpg

I’ve got R1s medium with labeda grippers, definitely a bigger gap than that a few mm at least. The wheels do have some use on them but shouldn’t make that much of a difference.

2 hours ago, Isles12 said:

I’ve got R1s medium with labeda grippers, definitely a bigger gap than that a few mm at least. The wheels do have some use on them but shouldn’t make that much of a difference.

These are millenniums and I've got addictions in the rear. Oddly, I've got a 'normal' amount of gamp between the back wheels 

4 hours ago, sturdy22 said:

We have two pairs (Med & Lrg) of R1s. Both pairs are 76-76-80-80 as recommended and neither are that close. 

I assume you’re running same set up on medium or large?

Yep, these are mediums. My two buddies have large frames, and I checked mine against theirs tonight at a skate. The larges are definitely not as tight; I agree.

@Marsblade Have you seen this issue at all with any other customers? Are mine within normal tolerance?

Going off a pic when I first put them together, mine are also very close together. I remember noticing the center two wheels as there was no way to fit the tool in there (like you can with the O1), but didn’t even realize how close the other wheels were. That said, I haven’t experienced any issues. Medium chassis mounted on an 8.5 boot. 76-76-80-80 MPC Freestyle wheels

2v2HSKzwyx1YqB.jpg

Edited by Westside

On 11/7/2020 at 6:11 AM, JSchultz said:

These are millenniums and I've got addictions in the rear. Oddly, I've got a 'normal' amount of gamp between the back wheels 

Yep, these are mediums. My two buddies have large frames, and I checked mine against theirs tonight at a skate. The larges are definitely not as tight; I agree.

@Marsblade Have you seen this issue at all with any other customers? Are mine within normal tolerance?

Hi @JSchultz , we have seen some, although very few with this issue. In all cases there's been wheels with bigger diameter than stated on the wheels (80 or 76mm). We have not seen any issues with our own Revision wheel or other brand wheels we have measured.

Is it possible to put enough time on them so that the wheels will wear down enough and spin properly or is it impossible to skate?  

If you have a caliper available and you're able to measure the width between the wheels it would help us clear out if your specific chassis is outside tolerance. I've forwarded this issue to our engineering team.

Best regards Per Mars, Inventor

2 hours ago, Marsblade said:

Hi @JSchultz , we have seen some, although very few with this issue. In all cases there's been wheels with bigger diameter than stated on the wheels (80 or 76mm). We have not seen any issues with our own Revision wheel or other brand wheels we have measured.

Is it possible to put enough time on them so that the wheels will wear down enough and spin properly or is it impossible to skate?  

If you have a caliper available and you're able to measure the width between the wheels it would help us clear out if your specific chassis is outside tolerance. I've forwarded this issue to our engineering team.

Best regards Per Mars, Inventor

Hello @Marsblade & @PetterErlandsson

I've just measured using digital calipers. First, all 4 of my Labeda Millennium wheels measure from 75.5 to 75.8 millimeters. 

As for the gap, the left chassis is .18 millimeters and the other is .16 millimeters. Hope this helps determine tolerance. 

@JSchultz having some issues with posting the picture... 🙂  Sorry I was a bit unclear in the last post. If you can measure the distance between the 1st and 2nd wheel and also the distance between the 3rd and 4th wheel that would be awesome. They should measure 71.6mm and 75.6mm. //Per

1 hour ago, Marsblade said:

@JSchultz having some issues with posting the picture... 🙂  Sorry I was a bit unclear in the last post. If you can measure the distance between the 1st and 2nd wheel and also the distance between the 3rd and 4th wheel that would be awesome. They should measure 71.6mm and 75.6mm. //Per

Hi @Marsblade

See pics. Rear and front. On both chassis, these are consistent.

Er-DRpq2u-RESDEVct-ZZ29-Ug.jpg
gz1g-Yofx-Sj-Ok-LMEk-Ps-WUp-A.jpg

@JSchultz Sorry, the first picture I sent was the Large chassis, Here's the Medium chassis according to drawings. So they seem to be correct. Can you try measuring the wheels again. It seems very strange that they would touch if your 76mm wheels are actually smaller. I'd be happy to get on a call if you want to discuss how to proceed. Feel free to call me at +4670 328 88 35. Or e-mail me at per@marsblade.com and I'll give you a call. //Per

1masjqM.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marsblade said:

@JSchultz Sorry, the first picture I sent was the Large chassis, Here's the Medium chassis according to drawings. So they seem to be correct. Can you try measuring the wheels again. It seems very strange that they would touch if your 76mm wheels are actually smaller. I'd be happy to get on a call if you want to discuss how to proceed. Feel free to call me at +4670 328 88 35. Or e-mail me at per@marsblade.com and I'll give you a call. //Per

1masjqM.jpg

Good to know they are in spec. Just to be clear; the wheels are not touching, but they were very close. I am not used to seeing them that close together, which is why I asked. Thank you for sharing the specifications!

7 hours ago, Marsblade said:

@JSchultz Ah ok, so all good then? We're looking at widening the gap slightly in future productions. //Per

All good - though for S/M sizes maybe an extra millimeter might be good in the future, so long as it will not have any negative effects on the wheelbase overall. And, just to be clear, I am not meaning any of this in a negative way; the product is great and I am very happy with the performance.