Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

His 1 bidder bailed ... anyone here tip him off? :rolleyes:

Yes, I sent him a message explaining what the stick was:

"Hello, let me first introduce myself. I am an eBay seller with 700+ feedback and being a former professional equipment manager I naturally specialize in selling hockey gear. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that the Vapor XXX stick that you are the current high bidder for is a wood stick. It is not a composite stick. Demitra prefers to use wood sticks but Bauer wanted him to advertise their product so they painted his wood sticks to resemble the Vapor XXX Lite. This seller has not stated that it is indeed a wood stick but has been quite deceitful for leading on most buyers to believe that it a composite stick. I take pride in my excellent reputation that I have worked hard to build and I just hate to see other sellers trying to take advantage of people. I hope this helps you out."

And he replied "Hello. Thank you VERY much for that information. I have retracted all of my bids on that stick. You were right I was/am looking for a one piece composite stick. If you have any please let me know, as I would be glad to purchase one from you. Thanks again!"

Just doing my part to help out :D And I might have gotten a new customer too, lol!

It's great to have people like you aboard MSH lbknight

Just trying to help out. And as I stated, I have worked hard for my reputation so I hate the guy that tries to deceive someone that is not "in the know" just to make a quick buck.

"Hello, let me first introduce myself. I am an eBay seller with 700+ feedback and being a former professional equipment manager I naturally specialize in selling hockey gear. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that the Vapor XXX stick that you are the current high bidder for is a wood stick. It is not a composite stick. Demitra prefers to use wood sticks but Bauer wanted him to advertise their product so they painted his wood sticks to resemble the Vapor XXX Lite. This seller has not stated that it is indeed a wood stick but has been quite deceitful for leading on most buyers to believe that it a composite stick. I take pride in my excellent reputation that I have worked hard to build and I just hate to see other sellers trying to take advantage of people. I hope this helps you out."

And he replied "Hello. Thank you VERY much for that information. I have retracted all of my bids on that stick. You were right I was/am looking for a one piece composite stick. If you have any please let me know, as I would be glad to purchase one from you. Thanks again!"

Just doing my part to help out :D And I might have gotten a new customer too, lol!

Excellent. I asked the seller a question - "what material is the stick made of" and he promptly replied "fiberglass and wood". At least he gave a quick and honest reply. I didn't figure to get any response.

Excellent. I asked the seller a question - "what material is the stick made of" and he promptly replied "fiberglass and wood". At least he gave a quick and honest reply. I didn't figure to get any response.

Wow, that really surprises me. Good for him. While I still feel that it is unlikely, it could be that he was just selling the stick for the Demitra collector but if that was the case, he needs to specify what it is made out of to make sure no one gets confused. Either way, his bidder was under the assumption that it was a composite so he's off the hook.

Wow, that really surprises me. Good for him. While I still feel that it is unlikely, it could be that he was just selling the stick for the Demitra collector but if that was the case, he needs to specify what it is made out of to make sure no one gets confused. Either way, his bidder was under the assumption that it was a composite so he's off the hook.

He bought 2 of these sticks on June 27 for $122.50 based of the following description -

"You are bidding on 2 Brand New Bauer Nike Pro Stock Vapor XXX lite Sticks made for Pavol Dimitra I have never seen sticks like these before they have a wood feel to them. Sr left handed 95ish flex".

Looks like he wants to get his money back, and then some.

He bought 2 of these sticks on June 27 for $122.50 based of the following description -

"You are bidding on 2 Brand New Bauer Nike Pro Stock Vapor XXX lite Sticks made for Pavol Dimitra I have never seen sticks like these before they have a wood feel to them. Sr left handed 95ish flex".

Looks like he wants to get his money back, and then some.

Well, that description sounds a little better but saying it has a "wood feel" is still far from saying it is an actual wood stick. Imagine how disapointed and upset he must have been when he realized that they weren't composite like he was expecting. And now he's trying to pass that grief on to someone else? :huh:

Sounds like one of the retail shafts with his name that easton made for a while. He definitely used aluminum in LA, and probably in St. Louis as well. I want to say he was still with Easton when he came to NY, but switched over to Hespeler and a composite shaft ( I'm pretty sure it was a 9900) after a year or so.

Gretzky rocking easton in Broadway Blue- the same kind he used in LA

This is what the retail Gretzky shaft looked like.

Gretz with Hespeler

as you may have noticed, I've got some time on my hands today :D

Unless he had to kill a family and cross borders to get this stick, I don't get the reasoning for the price. Maybe to bail someone out? Maybe he has to buy his parents' belongings back like in "Risky Business"? I think I paid $90 for it when they first came out.

I think they were. Easton had that sharkskin 3 years before that but that went over like a turd in a punchbowl.

Where do I begin?

"Kovalev Stick"

Best Quote ever: looks like it was reinforced with extra material or it's just a paint blemish

Also Note...he talks about how it's a pro-stock XXX-lite used by Kovalev...but puts the stick he REALLY uses in the selling. Jack-ass.