Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

New Car

z06 c6 2005 vette will have 500 hp.

You are 100% correct, much more goes into a car than hp, you need tourque (its what getts you off the line). A c6 vette (base model) has 400 ft of tourque, while an NSX has 224. The Acura NSX weighs 2970 (thats with a lil 3.0 engine) A vette weighs 3180, thats with an engine double the size (6.0 L engine). So uhhhh

yes vapor, the corvette has a lot of power and it has a lot of torque and it only weighs a little more than an NSX. But you can't really compare the two, the NSX came out in the early nineties, and it was also built in Japan, where the horse power limit is either 260 hp or 280 hp. You have to admit, that considering the limits of technology and regulations, honda did a damn god job making an everyday supercar.

Both the corvette and the viper have become much more than straight line racers, in fact, the viper and the corvette has a faster speed through a slalom course than a mclaren f1 and porsche 911 turbo as well as having higher lateral acceleration on a 200ft skidpad.

sorry for getting of topic, but i think the toronado is still a great idea :D get a car for a penny, then use 3999.99 on pimpin it

as for the "don't bid, you won't get anything", i think he's trying to say that if you don't bid, you won't get anything at all, so you might as well bid :unsure:

Two words: GRAND NATIONAL

Five words: WAY MORE THAN FIVE GRAND! :lol:

RX7's are a friggen headache. If you can find someone who works on rotaries in town, awesome, just be prepared to spend an arm and a leg to fix them. If noone fixes rotaries, you're screwed. Not very reliable, I would not recommend one.

Consider a DSM? Free and cheap mods will have an AWD 1G hitting low 13's at around 105, slighly slower but faster for a FWD car, and can be had for fairly cheap.

Dan... awsome idea, Buick Grand National man, probably the biggest sleeper car ever... To pay 90,000 for a 6 banger 3.0L 252 hp car... or you can pimp it out with a 3.2L 290 HP engine in there. Get a viper, get a vette, hook up your vette, and still have money to buy your G5 Powermac. And dont say vettes are made to go in a stright line ONLY. It may not be the best handeling car in the world, but it cna handel very well, if it wanted to go fast in a stright line, they would have but a 12 bolt rear on there rather than independent rear suspension. Dont give me this nsx crap, a 350z has more hp

Your taste in cars is almost as bad as your taste in computers.

And an NSX has 290hp. Even when they first came out, they had 270. I wouldn't buy one either, but you've obviously never driven one. It drives much better than a Vette.

You can definatly find a Grand National for under 5 grand. I've seen them for like $3'500 Canadian. If not you could always get the Monte Carlo which basically was a GN but without the sick motor.

There is a 3.0 L 260 hp version. I just cant see paying 90,000 for a 6 banger with under 300 hp, it just dosent add up to me. I mean its 1/4 mile is like a 13.5, c6 is about a 12, a C5 vette is 12.5. If you want to be running in the 9s get a Lingenfelter twin turbo vette, and its only 20k more than an nsx. I mean its a slower car for 40-50K more, just dosent add up to me, may not be as good in handeling, but it still handels great.

I am saying the car is not WORTH 90,000, IMO. You are not paying for a name (honda/acura). If you want rareness, spend 10k less and get a viper (although they are less rare, still rare none the less. 8 Acura NSX's were sold last year... EIGHT). I would never pay that much for such an underpowered car, it just dosent add up AT ALL. It is natrually aspurating 6 banger. PLEASE give me 5, 10 reasons to get an NSX AT THE PRICE of 90,000.

This is probably out of your price range but my mom just got a Scion xB. 31 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. It doesnt look like it from the outside but it has ALOT of space on the inside. You can get one for 14K-15K. The sound is awesome in it and it has alots of space for hokcey gear.

I am saying the car is not WORTH 90,000, IMO. You are not paying for a name (honda/acura). If you want rareness, spend 10k less and get a viper (although they are less rare, still rare none the less. 8 Acura NSX's were sold last year... EIGHT). I would never pay that much for such an underpowered car, it just dosent add up AT ALL. It is natrually aspurating 6 banger. PLEASE give me 5, 10 reasons to get an NSX AT THE PRICE of 90,000.

I'll take a GT3, which is also a naturally aspired 6 cylinder, over the Vette, Viper, etc. any day of the week.

You should realize that cars like the 911 and NSX are built to perform extremely well at high speeds. 0-60 and 1/4mi times mean NOTHING when evaluating these specific cars. With the redline being 1500/2000 RPMs higher than a Vette/Viper, you should probably have realized that.

With such a small engine you can rev it much higher. Any car can go 100 MPH, its just how fast you can get there. I have driven a vette before, and let me tell you at 100, 120, the thing still handels great. I was taking turns at 110, 115, with precision. I mean Im not saying the vette is the best made car in the world, but for the money, its a damn good sports car. Pricing wise, I dont think the NSX is worth it, not at all.

I was taking turns at 110, 115, with precision.

Now you are just lying.

And if you're talking about a bend on the highway, that doesn't count.

Lol, I wasnt taking 90 degree turns at 115, obviously, If you have even been on 21 in New Jersey, you would knwo what I mean on the turns, They are very steep, and it isnt easy make a turn at high speeds. In my G35 it is tough to make a turn at 80 on some of the turns, especially witht he terrible paving and large dips

we dont have cops here in Jersey ;). I am actualy surprised I have never been pulled over, knock on wood.

You can definatly find a Grand National for under 5 grand. I've seen them for like $3'500 Canadian. If not you could always get the Monte Carlo which basically was a GN but without the sick motor.

If you can find a REAL grand national for 3500 bucks it's a rusted out POS with no motor. DRIVEABLE GN's in solid enough condition to rely on daily or atleast semi-daily go for about 18-25 here.

Lol, I wasnt taking 90 degree turns at 115, obviously, If you have even been on 21 in New Jersey, you would knwo what I mean on the turns, They are very steep, and it isnt easy make a turn at high speeds. In my G35 it is tough to make a turn at 80 on some of the turns, especially witht he terrible paving and large dips

vapor, just because you don't like a car doesn't mean you have to flame it out of existence.

a liggenfelter does not necessarily get 9 sec 1/4 miles, because it's difficult to get 800 hp to the ground,, unless you run slicks on a strip. don't get me wrong, i like corvettes and vipers, but in my opinion, the advantage of a car like the NSX is that it's easy to drive fast, and it's an easy, fast car to live with. it's engine was probably designed more with higher speed (80+mph) performance than straight acceleration

I know, I know, I just dont think it makes sense fiscaly. And the Liggenfelter was a tough cookie. It created so much tourque. When the turbo kicked in, the toqure jumped up like 200 ft or something crazy like that, and you would usualy lose traction for a second. I just think it has to be faster! Like I said before, even a Geo Metro (welll maybe) can reach 100 mph, its just how fast you can get there (and of course what you can do at that speed). Vettes handle great at high speeds, of course I cannot vouch for an NSX, but for 40 grand more, Ill buy another vette. So Lego, have you driven an NSX?

I have driven one. And honestly, it's not my cup of tea, but I like the way it drives more than a Vette. It just suits me a little better. I have never driven a Viper (just ridden in one). Incredible tourque. It's just not my bag.

Cars like the 911 and NSX don't have much tourque, but perform incredibly in the 5k-8k RPM range. And they are much more fun to drive than an over-tourqued Vette.

I'd get an M3 over a Vette.

i saw a car and driver special, where they tested the top dog american cars, liggenfelter vettes, hennesey vipers, mosler photon etc. the vettes and the vipers couldn't get full throttle traction until 4th gear because they just have too much power for the tires to handle and the photon blew out it's clutch on the first 1-2 shift. i guess NSX owners like to play it safe, and keep their car in one piece rather than having the highest horsepower.

lego, have you driven an RX7 or RX8? because if you like joy buzzer engines, i think a rotary is your cup of tea, those things don't peak until 9000 rpm

Wow, we went from less than $5000 to a two page discussion on a 90k car... hmmm.

I have narrowed my list down even further

84-92 Camaro (Preferably IROC or GTA), Firebird (pref. Formula), or Trans Am

Lincoln Mark VIII