Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Surly D

Most Durable Gloves/palms?

My Bauer Vapor XX gloves are at the end of their life and I'm looking to replace them. These gloves have been great to me! After several years of use, they still haven't fallen apart on me.

I had a pair of Easton Z Airs before the Vapors. They were garbage! If I remember correctly, they weren't cheap and the palms wore out after only a few short months (playing once or twice a week).

In your experience with recent (preferably still generally available) hockey gloves, which have held up to the abuse and which have left something to be desired in the durability category?

Bauer NXG gloves are great. Been playing with them since april about 4 times a week. Theres about a centimeter wide hole but thats my own fault. The abrasion pads are genius.

+1 on the NXGs. Been using them since April and aside from a little blackening at the palms due to my choice of tape job, they're still good as new.

I've played over two seasons worth of games and practices with and my Reebok 9000 gloves and they are only just starting to show some slight wear on the left palm (top hand). I have previously used Warrior AK27 gloves and the palms on those were garbage - they wore out in just over a season.

My franchises are still good and the top hand is just starting to pill. I use a non grip stick and the top butt end is taped with regular cloth Renfrew tape. Never had a problem with palms.

Winnwell Pro are holding up real well w/ over a year of use and two plus games a week. My pH usually wears through palms but knock on wood these are holding up very well.

I tried on a few gloves at my local retail store. I'm really impressed with the Eagle X905s. Warrior Franchises are a close second.

They had a pair of 2012 Franchises on clearance in my size. They felt great and they are US$70 less than the Eagles. Might make this decision a little easier...

Vapor APX seem like they will last forever, but you lose puck feel. I recently switched to Covert DT2 Bone X; the durability seems like it will be good, while giving nice puck feel.