Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

How fast are you?

I think the fastest time recorded at an NHL all star game was just a hair over 13 seconds for one lap, a la mike gartner...........

anyone ever bring a stopwatch and time yourself? I know not all rinks are the same size but just for kicks.

I've never done it myself but I bet my lard ass could haul myself around a rink in about 20-30 seconds <_< :P

I think I just found a new years resolution.................. :rolleyes:

Our team had a skills comp two years ago. For some reason 14/15 seconds is stuck in my head, but I doubt thats the actual time. I'll have to try it out one day.

Yeah I remember I had a friend clock me, and for my age, I remember it being pretty darn quick...but hey it could all be a dream...

I'm so fast, the guy keeping time would probably forget why he's standing there with a stopwatch in his hand by the time I got to him... I can probably change my stick blade faster than I could get around the ice... ;)

wow, all you guys that can get under 15 or 16 second times..............that's pretty darn good for amateurs.

though I've never seen/met any of you, but that's what? Pro calibre speed? well.......fairly straight ahead speed at least.

wow, all you guys that can get under 15 or 16 second times..............that's pretty darn good for amateurs.

though I've never seen/met any of you, but that's what? Pro calibre speed?  well.......fairly straight ahead speed at least.

FYI:

The fastest NHL times by year.

Fastest Skater

(Individual Event)

2003: Marian Gaborik, 13.713 seconds

2002: Sami Kapanen, 14.039 seconds

2001: Bill Guerin, 13.690 seconds

2000: Sami Kapanen, 13.649 seconds

1999: Peter Bondra, 14.640 seconds

1998: S. Niedermayer, 13.560 seconds

1997: Peter Bondra, 13.610 seconds

1996: Mike Gartner, 13.386 seconds

1994: Sergei Fedorov, 13.525 seconds

1993: Mike Gartner, 13.510 seconds

1992: Sergei Fedorov, 14.363 seconds

A buddy of mine used to ride bulls so he thinks 8 seconds is long enough. Oh wait, that's a different discussion.

I´d say abotu 21 seconds right now, but I haven´t skated in 4 months and have worked out exactly 6 times in that span, plus 1 run around García Lorca park, not exactly Charlie Francis´ speed program now is it...

Chadd, Do you remember how they take the times? Is it from a standing start, or do they let them get up to speed first?

You've never watched a skills comp?

Standing start.

My acceleration is quite the geriatric spasm.

And yeah, I know I'm not Chadd, but thought I'd chime in anyhow.

Every year our league has a skate-a-thon to raise $$$. One of our coaches is a cop and he brings a radar gun. The fastest I saw was 21 MPH.