Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the iceman

Easton Synthesis Blades

Sorry if this is old news, but I just saw in the 2005 Easton catalog that this year there will be short-hoseled all wood Synthesis blades (Modano and Sakic patterns only). :D

outstanding, hopefully the construction is similar to pro stock blades. I loved my old pro stock t-flex blades.

awesome, too bad the curves suck.

I was going to have some custom Christians made up but the fiber wrap sucks on them. There are spots with the wood exposed because the weave is so loose.

Well, since the product name contains "Sy" (as in SYnthesis, SYnergy, etc.) I'm sure they will cost double what they should.. ;)

I hope they're in the old wood easton pro blades range (~19 USD). I would think they would try to compete with TPS R2 woods which run about that...

The place over here has them for £29, which is maybe £10-£15 more expensive than regular woodies.

They'll be cheaper than that over in North America though. Everything else is... :D

Went into my LHS in Kirkcaldy this afternoon, and they had them in. Not sure if they were the ones you guys mentioned here though - they're hybrid wood/composite, and they only had them in Yzerman and Drury (been looking for one of them for ages! :lol: ). They're still Synthesis', apparently - 160 grams, short-hoselled and they fit in an M-1 cut to fit tapered blades.

Great to see more options for tapered wood blades. Too bade there is a limited curve selection. I hate Easton blades but I would have given these a shot if there was a curve I liked.

Went into my LHS in Kirkcaldy this afternoon, and they had them in. Not sure if they were the ones you guys mentioned here though - they're hybrid wood/composite, and they only had them in Yzerman and Drury (been looking for one of them for ages! :lol: ). They're still Synthesis', apparently - 160 grams, short-hoselled and they fit in an M-1 cut to fit tapered blades.

Cunndies - What was being referred to was an all wood short hosel tapered blade. Easton is releasing them for 2005. This is a plus b/c they should be very readily available. Bauer makes all wood tapered blades but they are overpriced and TPS makes an all wood tapered blade but they are some what hard to find.

Went into my LHS in Kirkcaldy this afternoon, and they had them in. Not sure if they were the ones you guys mentioned here though - they're hybrid wood/composite, and they only had them in Yzerman and Drury (been looking for one of them for ages!  :lol: ). They're still Synthesis', apparently - 160 grams, short-hoselled and they fit in an M-1 cut to fit tapered blades.

Cunndies - What was being referred to was an all wood short hosel tapered blade. Easton is releasing them for 2005. This is a plus b/c they should be very readily available. Bauer makes all wood tapered blades but they are overpriced and TPS makes an all wood tapered blade but they are some what hard to find.

Yeah, I know, and that's what I thought the shop I went to had in. Didn't realise that they did Synthesis blades in hybrid as well though, so I'm happy....

I think they're supposed to be getting the all-wood ones in soon though. Sorry if my last post was a wee bit irrelevant... :D

Only the price has changed on the 110 flex synthesis grips at National Sports. I was in there and asked the guy why some were 179.00 and others 199.99, he said that's the new price for the 110 flex. I think they're just ripping people off.