Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biskitindabaskit

NUmbers question

Black Rose? Never been there ....

Hmmm. My best dates "years ago" were in that area. I actually met Reggie Lewis at a Reebok store and what the hell was that band that sung "Unbelievable". I saw them when they were in ... anyhow ... all in one date.

It's a block or two away, great Irish pub. IRA used to own it at one point. When I was a kid I was in Boston on St Pats day with my dad. We ended up in Quincy Market with KC Jones, he was an assistant coach then, it was an experience I'll never forget. What a great guy, I got to meet him half a dozen times and I was always impressed by his class.

Knowing me I have been there. I am just really bad at names. Best time I ever had was accidentally walking in the middle of Havard Square in the middle of Octoberfest. Plenty of beer and drunk girls every where.

Lynard Skinnard is awesome. Don't hate on the southern folk because are girls are better looking!

They're attractive as all get-out, but the accents are what gets them. As long as it's the right kind.

I mean right Southern accent. Tennessee ones are horrible, but I've heard some other places (NC, some GA, TX) that are just killers.

That's because they're mainly sloots who'll dip into the gene pool for a date. But some of them are pretty fine, but it's slim pickins.

there are two female southern dialects. The first one is the pretty southern bell type, its slow yet refined. Then you have the trashy gross redneck one where they have to stop every so many words to spit because of their chaw. I dont know what you are talkin about mack, Georgia girls are the best, with carolina girls in second.

Well since the topic came up....

I'm finally entering the damn pool again after 4 1/2 years and hope I don't forget how to do things. I've lived with the same girl since I was 22 (now I'm 26) and got pretty comfortable. We split up because "I play hockey too much".... <_< OK 'tis a true statement, but hey I trying to squeeze as much hockey in before my knees blow in a few years.

Biggest thing to get accustomed to again is holding doors, paying for dinners/drinks, phone talking, etc.... I'm generally a nice guy, but I admit I forgot some of those little things probably around the 3rd year.

Whoever picks up an attractive girl at a hockey game is my idol. Based on how you met, I would keep things more casual than job interview. Find a spot with a view and talk. Best of luck, idol.

Concerning southern girls, I've pin pointed the problem. The accents are great, pretty like there's no tomorrow, and sweet beyond imagination. The flaw is in what they do when you're not around... other guys. They're nice to everybody so you gotta decide if you can deal with it.

I'm not bitter, but be careful not to be too nice. In my experience, when you're gentlemanly the girls become childish. They seem to think, "The big guy's here to protect me, so I can be 6 years old again." If you can deal with that, more power to ya. I'm still looking for a mature, hockey-loving girl ready to commit.

Whoever picks up an attractive girl at a hockey game is my idol. Based on how you met, I would keep things more casual than job interview. Find a spot with a view and talk. Best of luck, idol.

Concerning southern girls, I've pin pointed the problem. The accents are great, pretty like there's no tomorrow, and sweet beyond imagination. The flaw is in what they do when you're not around... other guys. They're nice to everybody so you gotta decide if you can deal with it.

She's super cool and she doesn't a southern accent. MOst girls in my town don't because they are from all over. Almost all the girls I meet like hockey because I meet them at the rink or at minor pro games lol. Alot of them are my little brothers teammates older sisters ;)

Ive been homeschooled since I got kicked outta prep school last November so meeting girls at school is outta the question lol

I'm from Chicago so mine isn't too bad. Phikappaphi where in the south do you live?

I'm assuming you drive?

If so, let me walk you through your date...

when you get to her house, first of all, be polite, dont avoid her parents, talk to them. theres nothing worse than having a prospects parents hate you. take her to your car, and OPEN THE DOOR FOR HER! (who ever said that before me is genious, it works wonders) then get into the car, take her hand, give her a kiss on the hand and say something nice, like: "I'd nearly forgotten how lovely you are..." Make conversation too, dont let there be too long of periods of awkward silence. get to know her. also come armed with a plan and a back up plan. ask what she would like to do. say you had planned on either going to the mall, or a movie, and ask which one she'd like to do. open doors for her no matter where you go. if you go to the mall, make sure to go where she wants to go as well as you. if youre buying clothes, ask for her opinion, that way you kinda get an idea of what she likes. look for clothes with her too, and offer suggestions. plan on dinner too, nothing too fancy, dinner at the mall is fine, or maybe ice cream. then maybe go to a movie, something new and funny. After the movie, be real casual, ask her what she would like to do, and mention that, "I've got a few good DVD's at my house if you want to go watch one ;) ." This will gauge how you did tonight. when you walk her to your car, offer her your arm to hold onto, girls like that. if she has to be home, walk her to the door, maybe give her a kiss on the cheek, and thank her for going out with you, ask if you can do it again sometime, and have her call you later.

If she does want to go back you your house for a movie or two, then best of luck to you, my friend.

I live in either Augusta in the summer or in good ole Macon georgia. Goodness I love the south!

Good call Buzz... you hit all the right things. Do let her know that she looks good! Comment on something out of the ordinary or try and notice something she went out of her way to make look good...ie hair.

Good luck

I dont know how you guys date and such, even MEETING a girl a hard for me. I'm a shy guy around people I dont know, girls especially. If I want to get to know a girl I dont just pounce and start talking to her, I sorta slither my way into meeting here like when I see someone I know in a conversation with her, I will go and say hey then introduce myself and such. Once I get her number, I talk to her and whatever but going on dates is something I dont like. Casually hanging out with them and going to eachothers houses I dont mind, but dates I cant do. I've gone on 2 dates in my life, both recently with 2 different girls. When it's jsut us 2 and it's only the first real time we've met, I get nervous and stutter, sweat and just end up staring off blankly. If anybody used to be in a similar situation please help me, I at leased want to meet some girls and not make myself look like the ass I used to be. :angry:

I live in either Augusta in the summer or in good ole Macon georgia. Goodness I love the south!

Good call Buzz... you hit all the right things. Do let her know that she looks good! Comment on something out of the ordinary or try and notice something she went out of her way to make look good...ie hair.

Good luck

What part of Augusta? I used to live out in Evans.

I gotta agree with Buzz too, especially on the parents issue. There definitely isn't anything worse than having a prospect's parents not like you. My ex and I went out for a year and I never felt welcomed by her mom or stepdad. Her sisters thought I was the best thing since sliced bread, but for whatever reason her parents never really liked me as their daughter's b/f from day one. It was one of the most frustrating things that I've had to deal with.

I live in martinez, off stevens creek road. Where in evans did you live and when did you leave? Did you ever play hockey at the ice forum?

Buzz is a pure laides man, helped me with my girl problems....well sorta. Don`t worry Shorthanded, I got dumped for a pretty sketchy reason as well, "I like you but not enough to go out, the strong feelings I had for you at the start of the realtionship are gone and I need some time to find them, I need a break" Translation: I don`t want you know, so wait for me to screw around with other guys, and then I`ll come back!

I lived off of Hardy McManus Rd., over there inbetween Furys Ferry and Washington Rd. I left in the summer of '01, I didn't get to play at the ice forum, I wasn't playing at the time.

plan on dinner too, nothing too fancy, dinner at the mall is fine, or maybe ice cream.

"Motherf****** said ice cream!"

I had to do it, I love that movie... Anyway Buzz, everything you said works real well... but i don't drive haha.

Commenting on Southern girls, i met an amazing one visiting boarding school today. Daaaamn she was so perfect, can't wait to go back next year and see her, wish i had talked with her more.

plan on dinner too, nothing too fancy, dinner at the mall is fine, or maybe ice cream.

"Motherf****** said ice cream!"

I had to do it, I love that movie... Anyway Buzz, everything you said works real well... but i don't drive haha.

Commenting on Southern girls, i met an amazing one visiting boarding school today. Daaaamn she was so perfect, can't wait to go back next year and see her, wish i had talked with her more.

Buzz told me some other things that work well on gurls, but PM him cause there are younger members which these tips might not be the greatest for, or for them to be exposed to;)

wow foppa, lived out in the boonies eh? Sorry you had to leave, would have been nice to meet you. Can't wait to get back to good ole augusta, need some new fishin holes :)