Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Something's wrong here

I've heard of players with broken hands using older gloves that they've cut up to make them fit over the cast. Jon Waibel of the Gophers did it after he punched the glass after a hat-trick. He had a M-1 glove on one hand and an old Bauer Supreme on the other. Just my theory on this.

He most likely does not have any sort of sponsorship deal with a company and therefore is trying to wear the widest variety of products available to attract a company and get a deal. This is very common in other sports, for example on any given night in the NBA you'll always see at least one player wearing two different brands of shoes on each foot (i.e. one Reebok and one Nike) in order to attract a shoe deal.

The theory about grabbing someone elses glove from the bench sounds reasonable, it's funny though about the other player from Cunndies team if he did it for such a long time, must be some idea he had to show off or something. Personally I've never seen it with gloves, the closest would be seeing a few guys using different colored skate blades, like one white and one black blade.

A while back I used to do pretty much the same thing. I'd wear a Bauer Supreme glove on my top hand 'cause I'd get whacked a lot, then a bilt rite works on my bottom hand 'cause it was broken and and I could take it off and put it on the stick as though I wasn't wearing a glove.

I remeber Chris Simon wearing two different gloves a few years back for quite a while. He was still with the Caps then, I think one Easton and one Eagle if I remember right. No idea why though.

my coach does that with TPS and Muskoka... when i asked him why he just said cause the feel different for his top and bottom hand... i guess you want more grip on one of the hands or protection... i dunno it is weird

i'm thinking he wants more mobility with the top hand, so he has a bigger, looser glove. that and it's probably quicker to get it off during a fight :D